Options

Weekly Check-in 1/18

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What fad or trend do you wish would come back? 

Re: Weekly Check-in 1/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Edd/weeks: 9/8; 6w5d
    baby is the size of a: PEA!

upcoming appt: on Friday I go in to hear the heartbeat (hopefully). This pregnancy has me feeling pretty odd so seeing the hb will be surreal.

feeling: honestly, so not myself. This first tri period is really hard for me. Yes I’m nauseated, tired, food averse. But I’m also mentally negative. For some reason these hormones always make me feel a bit depressed and I’m miserable about every single thing. It’s REALLY annoying. I have to keep reminding myself it’s not real and will pass.

rants/raves: these hormones are my biggest rant for sure.
    but I’m also having to commute to appts and haven’t been able to find a local OB yet which is very annoying.

GTKY: I don’t know if they’re out yet, but I want skinny jeans to stay forever. I haven’t hacked the wide leg trend since it re-emerged. Not since high school lol. 
    Also full length shirts. Will not be baring midriff.
  • Options
    @runningonindie I have only ever gotten betas with my first but that was because I was young and was at the OB/Gyn for HBC. They gave me a test and it came back with a faint positive. They told my mom (I was 17) that it may not be a viable pregnancy because the line was so faint. Anyways, I have had 7 other pregnancies (counting this one) and I never got betas for any of them. They never asked me to come in for them and I never asked for them. 

@agea I have found when I get in a funk like that I feel better if I can take some time to do some stretching and/or light exercise. It really lifts my mood and makes me feel much better. 

@krash_ I love new appliances. We got a new washer and dryer set when we moved into our house this summer. I wish our space could have accommodated a bigger set like the ones I had in TX but we had to open a hole in the wall to get the dryer completely installed. It was quite the ordeal.
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7 weeks +4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a jelly bean

Upcoming appointments: I've had zero appointments so far and don't see the midwife until February 2nd. Feels strange.

How are you feeling?: Like I have the baby flu lol. Started Diclectin last week, so helping a little but also drowsy.

Rants/Raves: None today. Shockingly lol

Questions: Having some brown spotting. Normal right?

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7W3D

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Blueberry 

Upcoming appointments: I have my 8 week ultrasound appointment next Wednesday! Can’t wait 

How are you feeling?: Like crap. Every morning I throw up right away and just feel crappy the rest of the day. I just want the first trimester over 

Rants/Raves: It’s annoying how easily men get off on the whole pregnancy thing 🤣 all they have to do is have sex and go about their lives while we suffer for 9 months 🤣

Questions:

GTKY: What fad or trend do you wish would come back? I just don’t want yoga pants to ever go out. I’ll be lost lol

• Options
    @wettnugget spotting can definitely be normal. Reach out to OB if concerned or if bleeding picks up. I have had some spotting with all three of my pg.
  • Options
    @ladylynn222 your comment about men  :D I'm making sure MH is feeling it too! Making him pull a little extra weight entertaining the toddler. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @agea thank you! I had none with my first so makes me feel strange
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7w+6d (9/1 DD)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: raspberry

Upcoming appointments: first ultrasound on Thursday!!!!! I am SO excited and equally as nervous. 

How are you feeling?: still utterly exhausted. Peeing all the time. Slightly nauseated but nothing like with DD1. Wildly bloated and look 5mo pregnant at this point, it’s ridiculous. Also, who do these boobs belong to? Certainly they are not mine...

Rants/Raves: finally got acid under control, thank goodness! 

GTKY: What fad or trend do you wish would come back? Bell bottom/Flare jeans. My apple-bottom self loved them LOL. 

• Options
    @runningoncookies the exhaustion + insomnia is some major BS. Not sure who thought that up. Right up there w hunger nausea + food aversion.

@sawasap is this your first? Resource/info overload is real. I found myself overwhelmed during first tri and immediately postpartum with so much info/advice/stuff. Might need a little space and come back to it when you’re ready. That helped me.
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 the thaw-freeze cycle is the worst, I hate the cold but I would rather it just stay cold so the snow stays as snow instead of turning into slush and ice over and over again.
    @agea skinny jeans can't go, I can't do the wider leg cuts!
    @deziraywatt so exciting that you got to see the heartbeat today!!
    @wettnugget I had some brown spotting around week 6 with my first, my doc said it was normal but did a couple of follow up betas and an earlier ultrasound to confirm viability. Definitely talk to your doc if you're concerned though

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/15, 5+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An apple seed

Upcoming appointments: Need to book an us for the second week in Feb

How are you feeling?: Tired and nauseous for the most part. And sort of hideous from the acne. 

Rants/Raves: Very annoyed that my doctor's office hasn't contacted me about the bloodwork I had done over a week ago. I know the results are done, I can see them in the lab's client portal, but my doc hasn't called to confirm that everything looks normal. I don't know if they just assume that I can magically understand all of the numbers with zero medical training or what, but I'm irritated. Sent them an email to confirm that they got it; if they didn't then I can switch my irritation to the lab itself lol

Questions: None atm

GTKY: What fad or trend do you wish would come back? All I can think of is trends that DON'T need to come back, like crop tops and scrunchies 

• Options
    @grizzlymama86 we are keeping our furniture, but everything else is changing! We are going to do a shiplap wall behind the bed, repaint the whole room, hang some new shelves/art, we got a new duvet and some new cute plants, and DH is redoing his closet! So it’s a lot for him to do all on his own but I’m helping be his “design expert” lol. 

@lmcw was it just general bloodwork? I’ve had doctors in the past that go with the “no news is good news” method, and if things are normal they won’t reach out. Maybe you can call and say that you’re just looking for an update?
  • Options
    @agea Yup, FTM. I skimmed the email and got overwhelmed... will probably go back soon and figure out what needs to be handled ASAP and what can wait until later on. 

@grizzlymama86 Yeah, I feel really grateful for the list, even if I feel like I can’t handle it all right now lol. Good advice and will definitely be breaking it down into manageable chunks. It’s just amazing how many things there are to think about!
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs can you request a new therapist?
    finding a good match makes all the difference.
  • Options
    @agea yeah, I definitely can, I just don't know how much of it is my fault for being terrible at therapy or just a bleh match, you know? Like will I just power through like 10 therapists and realize finally that "it's not you, it's me"?
  • Options
    How many have you tried so far?
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs I think a lot of good therapy is buy-in. Have you shared with your therapist that you feel like you’re “terrible at therapy”? They may be able to give you some tips that you may find helpful to open up maybe? I’m sorry that you’re feeling so upset. Especially with amplified pregnancy hormones, that’s just no fun 
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 Definitely mid rise! I had some really low rise jeans and my crack was always out. I was in my early 20’s though and I probably thought I looked cute. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @agea she's the first one on Better Help, and I've had one other therapist in person that I liked but don't know that it was actually helpful at all. 

@runningoncookies Yes, she knows that. We've only had 2 meetings so far, I have another tomorrow. I'll try telling her about this feeling. Blech it feels like breaking up with a high school boyfriend.
  • Options
    @nasalot188 I loved Bridgerton. I’d be down for some ballroom dancing! And some fancy snacks 😂
  • Options
    @runningoncookies betas and a bunch of other tests he wanted to run alongside. I think there were about a dozen things checked off on the requisition, I don't remember it being so many with my first lol

Of course the doctor's office called tonight while I was putting my son to bed so I couldn't answer, and they can't leave any information in a message so now I have to call them tomorrow and wait on hold for who knows how long!
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/13, 5w6d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an orange seed

Upcoming appointments: u/s follow by virtual appointment on 1/28.

How are you feeling?: My boobs are sore amd itchy, food doesn't really appeal to me, and I'm pretty tired. I'm getting anxious about my ultrasound. 

Rants/Raves: It's report card time, so I am pretty stressed. I know they'll get done, though. They're just so much work. 

Questions: None come to mind.

GTKY: What fad or trend do you wish would come back? I miss Keebler "Magic Middle" cookies. Does that count? 

• Options
    @sleepydaze I get the “But you wanted a second one.” 🙄 Like I know but you can be a little sympathetic that I currently feel like death lol
  • Options
    @nasalot188 fun fact- I was a competitive ballroom dancer in my teens and twenties! I considered skipping college and going pro, but didn’t. I miss it a lot! I still have all my competition costumes and jewelry in hopes I’ll return to it someday.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Sept 20/ 5+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: size of an appleseed 

Upcoming appointments: dating US tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: so nauseous and so tired. Also, I’m super thirsty which is a symptom I didn’t have with my other pregnancies.

Rants/Raves: none

Questions: Can we start a separate US thread? Maybe a first trimester US and then another one for the 20 week scans? 

GTKY: What fad or trend do you wish would come back? Vintage fancy dresses!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @emjeve Wow, that is so cool! I am seriously impressed.
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 1/2 a lego brick

Upcoming appointments: not until feb 8

How are you feeling?: the last 3 weeks have been rough with a lot of pain, but the past day and a half I have felt a lot more human

Rants/Raves: so happy DD is back in school.  She's only in pre-k but virtual learning was still no fun.

Questions: nope

GTKY: What fad or trend do you wish would come back? I don't know...I'm not that'll trendy lol

Pregnancy Ticker