September 2021 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 1/18

How far along are you?

How are you feeling this week?

Re: Weekly Symptoms 1/18

• 5w4d 
    No appetite, feeling queasy/hungover all day. My boobs are big and itchy. Still bloated. I don't hate the queasiness because it feels reassuring, and it's not unbearable. I'm tired.
  • 5w1d
    Sore boobs, bloated, and since last night nothing sounds tasty, and yet I'm still finding myself standing in the pantry thinking I need to eat. I was absolutely ravenous around ovulation and the week or so after, so I guess now that I'm not hungry my brain is still saying "but you wanted to eat a lot last week.. so eat!".  I'm hoping this lack of appetite will help me get my bloat back down a bit before I start gaining real pregnancy weight. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 7+2

Still super nauseous and frequently throwing up in the mornings. I have no appetite until about 4pm and then I non stop eat! It seems I've joined the itchy nipples club too...ouch! Also definitely feeling the bloat this week...currently working with my pants unbuttoned lol
  • 5w3d - literally nothing but bloat. just like last time. relieving and infuriating at once! 
  • 7w3d
    A little nauseous, painfully gassy. Ovaries still feel swollen so lower abdominal pain if don't stay up with my tylenol. Getting up once or twice a night to pee.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh also I forgot, if I move to quickly to one side or the other I get a sharp pain in my ute/lower abdominal. Is that RLP already?
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• 6+4
    Sore boobs pretty much all day, nausea in the morning and early afternoon.  Absolutely ravenous.  Exhausted all day with small bursts of energy.  Irritable and easily frustrated.  
  • Holy night sweats! I woke up sweat drenched at least three times last night.
    tired. Nauseated. Frequently hungry but full on food aversions make me miserable. Temperature swings wildly from cold to hot.
    Bloaty. 
    Occasionally crampy. Bad attitude.
  • 4w1d
    On and off nauseous, heartburn at night, acne, ouchie boobs. Do not remember this all occurring so soon last time. 

@k@krash_ cracking up at your boob description. Very similar to what’s happening to mine 😬
  • 6w4d

I am the most irritable today and so grateful to be working from home so my boss can’t see me roll my eyes at him 😆 Everything takes so much energy, I felt like I needed a nap after doing dishes. Little bit queasy, but that comes and goes. Yesterday, I felt like I was only OK when I was actively eating, today is better. Boobs are sore and swollen. 
  • 7w. Nausea kicking in hard still but today I woke up with HIVES. Elbows. Knees. Head. Legs. Hands. Argh. What the heck. I feel like it has to be a pregnancy thing because I don't know what else would cause it. Anyone else ever had this happen?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krash_ That’s quite the visual. 😆 I know when I’m done BF my boobs are going to be deflated pancakes too. I’m still nursing my youngest and my boobs won’t get bigger until I wean him. I haven’t decided if I want to try to tandem or not. 

I am feeling very nauseous today. It hit yesterday afternoon and it’s back full force today. I went grocery shopping this morning and the smells were difficult for me to handle. I have meal planned for the month and I’m not sure I will actually be able to cook what I planned. I need to make sure I get plenty of meat into my diet but I’m starting to think I won’t be able to eat much meat for awhile. 
  • @krash_ Your description speaks to me on a very real level, same here!

5+1

Post nasal drip every morning and every time I work out.  My cystic acne is in full force.  Exhaustion comes and goes in waves, along with bloating/gassy.  Boobs/nipples are killing me.  Sometimes if I'm laying down they feel fine, but if I roll over to my side or sit up it's like they suddenly remembered they're heavy now and so very painful.  I get occasional bouts of nausea, but so far that's it (I didn't have any with my first so hoping this is as bad as it gets).  I also get a kind of light burning across my lower abdomen on and off, which is a sensation I remember with my first but I always attributed it to bloating and wearing jeans that were too tight. I'm in the WFH sweatpants club this time though, so I guess its just a cramping that I'm not used to (stretching?).
  • 5+5

Totally exhausted, nausea this morning was as bad as it's been; I don't remember it being so noticeable with my first. Telling myself it's a good thing but that doesn't really make me feel any better! So felt gross all morning, and now I'm starving. My acne is raging, I feel like I could make a topographic map of the mountain range on my chin. At least the mask covers it out in public  :D 

@agea that happened to me last week, I woke up a few times so hot I felt like I was going to throw up
  • @lmcw that’s exactly how I felt in the MOTN. I was sure I was gonna be sick. Thankfully I wasn’t but bleh.
  • @agea it's awful, that definitely did not happen with my first. I've started keeping an extra shirt in my bedside table so I can change without having to get out of bed
  • @lmcw @agea I guess I can add “hot at night” to my list of non-symptoms??? Last two nights I’ve woken up SWEATING. Good to know. I just figured our heat was bumping. 
  • @runningonindie I’m guessing hormones!
  • @krash_ I could have written your post about pancake boobs!! Blahhhh it sucks!
  • @agea same here! Woke up with mad sweats last night...yuk
  • @emeraldcity1214 how old is your LO? I'm still nursing too (almost 8 months) have you noticed any dips in supply or noticed your LO having an aversion to the boob? My OB said that pregnancy makes the milk less sweet so sometimes babies will start to refuse - especially if they have already started solids. So far I've noticed a dip in my supply when I pump at work, but DS seems fine and isn't showing any signs of aversion yet. 
  • @chewie5990 He is 14 months. I actually take brewers yeast pills (2 in the morning and 2 in the evening) to help keep my supply up. I haven’t noticed him having an issue but he will be the 3rd baby I have nursed while pregnant and I typically nurse until my milk dries up which is around 4 months into my pregnancy. One baby self weaned and then I encourage the other 2 to wean once I felt like my milk was dwindling down really low. You can tell because it hurts when they nurse. I know people who have tandem nursed just let the baby latch for however long and then once their milk comes back in they keep nursing. I’m just not sure if I even want to do that. Plus the idea of a toddler getting upset that he has to share the boob with a newborn doesn’t sit well with me. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not sure what I will end up doing. 
  • 6 weeks today. 

So much nausea - can't keep up with this board! @krash_ I don't know if it's rlp but I'm definitely experiencing that. It's like I've pulled something. So odd. 
  • 5w6d (or 6w depending on which due date calculator I use)
    My boobs are sore and itchy/burning, I don't have much appetite/nothing appeals to me when I want to eat, and I am really tired. I guess the good thing about that is I have no trouble falling asleep! My body temp is also up. I usually sleep under several blankets but not the last two weeks! 
  • 7 weeks
    Tired, hungry, thirsty.
    Easily irritated / less patience.
    Waking up to pee every night.
    Sore and growing boobs.
    And my old friend CONSTIPATION!!
  • @emeraldcity1214 I will need to check out brewers yeast! I'm trying really hard to make it to as close to a year as I can with DS2 - I would hate to have to supplement with formula for a month or two before switching to whole milk. I feel like if I can make it to at least 11 months I'll start switching to whole milk a little earlier if the pedi is okay with it. 
  • @chewie5990 I was told by the pediatrician that you can start offering whole milk at 11 months. I still haven’t offered it to my 14 month old because I haven’t been able to get him to take a cup until recently. 
  • 5w2d I believe, and I am still so exhausted. I'm struggling so hard to stay awake all day, plus entertain/virtual school my 3 kids. It's been 2 weeks since I got my bfp and I've been like this with some nausea sprinkled in, though not nearly as bad as 2 weeks ago. DH works full time so I don't really get much of a break until bedtime.  No real point to this, just a little pity post lol 
  • @Aerialmrs I just came to ask if anyone felt like their symptoms kicked up at 6 weeks, I’m full on struggle today. 

6 weeks today and I am so so exhausted. I’ve been on the couch pretty much all day and slept almost my son’s entire nap time, and could honestly just go to bed right now. I’ve also been way more nauseous the last couple of days, and when the nausea lets up and I DO feel hungry nothing sounds appetizing. So today I’m thankful that the expanded Covid restrictions here mean my husband is home atm! Seriously such a huge help.
  • 5w3d
    I had a nap today, it was my first time napping in such a long time and it was such a solid deep sleep. I dreamt I went to my old gym and did a yoga class, I haven't been since before Covid came to the US. Prior to this I had been getting tired and going to bed much earlier than usual, but I think the proper fatigue is starting to wiggle it way in now. 

I kind of wish I was experiencing morning sickness. I had very severe all day morning sickness with both of my previous pregnancies, and now that I dont have it it makes me worried that something is wrong. 
  • I am sooo irritable! For example, SIL is a vet tech and she just messaged me about getting food for my cat “to help him lose weight” and that she can get me a discount if I want to keep him on it. My cat isn’t even overweight? Why is this irritating me so much 😂
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast My cat is overweight but he bites if you don’t feed him when he thinks he should be fed. So I usually give in and feed him. 

I keep waking in the middle of the night feeling sick. So I guess my nausea starts around then and then goes into the late afternoon/early evening. I have heartburn frequently and it’s worse when I move around a lot. I keep cooking dinner and then the thought of it makes me want to gag so I can barely eat it. I ended up broiling a sweet potato yesterday for lunch. It was tasty and got me to where I felt full. 
  • Ugh, I was super crampy this morning to the point that I almost called in to work...but I decided to try and power through..halfway through the day and I really wish I would have just stayed home!
  • My DD had a test today that involved radiation so I had to wait in the car while DH accompanied her. I suddenly had to go to the bathroom (TMI... number 2.... urgently) so instead I held it and held it for about 20 mins and then wound up with awful uterus cramping. It’s getting better now that I’m home and have relieved myself but phew - for someone who isn’t very symptomatic, it was a wake up call to feel like even the slightest pressure on my growing uterus hurt!!! 
  • This is the most human I've felt in weeks.  Ever since NYE it's been one thing after another.  Yes I'm nauseous at times, but the cramping has subsided for the most part and I actually only woke up one time to pee last night. Hoping this up trend continues 

Pregnancy Ticker