August 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 1/18

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/18

• @shoogapoff I bought a pair of maternity jeans for under $30 at Ann Taylor loft in my last pregnancy and really liked them. Will use again this time  
  • @shoogapoff Loft has maternity stuff, including jeans. I had a few pairs and they were nice. Do not pay full price- they always have a 40% off coupon or a 50% off flash sale.

My fav pair of maternity jeans was from StitchFix. I have to dig out my mat clothes this weekend, so I'll check the brand and get back to you. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I was recommended the Jessica simpson brand for jeans @shoogapoff, but I haven't tried them myself yet to vouch for them. They have mixed reviews online, but I'm really looking for maternity jeans that don't totally feel/look like maternity jeans. 

Not sure on your style - but this site had some cute ones I was looking at too - https://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/collections/maternity-jeans?gclid=CjwKCAiA6aSABhApEiwA6Cbm_9OLduDyrm-QsNQ1jib6bV8S57yXDBieeK2Qrb-YdlxBgrpXuC8OVBoC_5sQAvD_BwE

I heard really good things about Good American but the $150 price range totally made it a non-option lol like you said I never spend that much on normal clothes! Even $50 for jeans is a splurge for me lol 
  • TGIF. It has been a week. And today started with an almost 4-hour zoom meeting. WHY?!
  • OMG no @pickle-chips!! One benefit of being in business is a lot of my meetings are 15 min or 30. And hour is rare. Meanwhile DW has 1 hour pointless meetings (college prof) seems like daily. 4 hours is like an actual crime.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @claireloSC 😂😂 I'm not a prof, but I work at a university in admin! I am such a fan of the quick hit 15-30 minute meeting, stand-up style. So much more helpful. This was a brainstorming/review session that if we had been in person would have probably gone faster and been more tolerable, but Zoom fatigue is a real thing and I think I have hit my limit. But yeah, higher ed seems to love their pointless meetings. :D
  • @grogu same! I was wondering when it was going to go up. I like not being the youngest BMB. 
  • @pickle-chips a 4 hour zoom meeting would be torture. 
    I think we've have one zoom meeting since March and I'm so glad. I hate feeling like I'm on display. I have had a few zoom parenting classes through the Early learning centre and they last about 2 hour and are super boring. I just do them for the free books and age appropriate toys though 😂 
  • @surrenderdorothy congratulations!!!  I have a feeling this one is another boy 💙💙 
  • @surrenderdorothy a boy! That's so exciting, congratulations 
  • Congrats, @surrenderdorothy!! I got my NIPT done this week, and knowing that I COULD know the sex if I wanted is SO tempting. But I am committed to staying team green! And I agree...boy names are SO hard!
  • @surrenderdorothy congrats on the boy!! My first 2 are boys. They are 2.5 years apart. And now 6 and 3.5 and they are THE BEST OF FRIENDS. Sometimes I just cry thinking how grateful I am that they have each other!! Pregnant with #3 and even though a girl would be a nice switch, almost hoping for that third boy!! Love their bond! Congrats! 
  • edited January 2021
    Aw thanks for the comment @bard37. In would have loved a little girl but my son having a best buddy really makes me heart swell. 

@doodlemom131@cyanope we were ten green the first time around and it was the best and most wonderful surprise.

Can we talk first tri weight gain? I weighed myself this morning and am up 5lbs since my last doc appt. I’m a bit concerned. I don’t remember putting on weight this quickly with my first (I was 20lbs heavier than when I got pregnant this time around). Anyway I’m trying to gauge what is normal. My nausea has improved but I still get sick on an empty stomach, which I assume is where this is coming from. 
  • @surrenderdorothy much to my chagrin I’ve also gained about 5 lbs throughout first tri. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @claireloSC @surrenderdorothy I have too. I'll admit it's hard for me mentally (I have a history of an eating disorder many years ago), but everyone keeps telling me it's normal. I had gained 5 lbs at my 8 week apt, and that freaked me out, but then at my 11 week, I hadn't gained any more, so I felt less out of control. Several people have said it varies a lot and just because you gain in 1st tri doesn't mean you'll go crazy in 2nd or 3rd. For me, I've been hungrier, but also, I need to eat more often for my nausea, so it makes sense. 
  • I’ve gained 3 or 4 lbs, but at my rate of eating to curb nausea, I don’t have a good outlook. 😕
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have gained 8 lbs since getting pregnant...I keep reminding myself that I have to eat so I'm not sick. Hopefully I can reign it in 2nd tri.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Aw thanks for the comment @bard37. In would have loved a little girl but my son having a best buddy really makes me heart swell. 

@doodlemom131@cyanope we were ten green the first time around and it was the best and most wonderful surprise.

Can we talk first tri weight gain? I weighed myself this morning and am up 5lbs since my last doc appt. I’m a bit concerned. I don’t remember putting on weight this quickly with my first (I was 20lbs heavier than when I got pregnant this time around). Anyway I’m trying to gauge what is normal. My nausea has improved but I still get sick on an empty stomach, which I assume is where this is coming from. 
    I think the fact that you started at a lower weight this time around is likely a big part of it. And congrats on a boy! 

imageimage