September 2021 Moms

Healthy Habits Check In 1/17

1. What healthy habits are you working on?

2. How’s it going?

3. Any small wins last week?

3. GTKY: What is your morning routine?

Re: Healthy Habits Check In 1/17

• 1. What healthy habits are you working on? Exercise, eating healthy, mindfulness 

2. How’s it going? Determined to keep active this time around as long as I can. I started a workout program before getting my BFP so I’ve been doing that and modifying some of the moves. On the food side I’ve been trying to eat well because I had a slightly high fasting glucose at my last annual check up and I’m worried about gestational diabetes 😬. So far as mindfulness, I picked up one of those 52 list books because I love lists. This one is 52 lists for calm. 

3. Any small wins last week? I exercised 4 days and we took 2 walks last week! 

3. GTKY: What is your morning routine? I used to get up and make myself a coffee but lately I’ve been staying in bed until the kids wake up. 

• 1) trying to minimize the nausea by managing food as well as possible considering unpredictable and changing aversions 
    2) either I’m doing a better job than previous pregnancies or I’m not as sick. I think it helps that I’m WFH, no longer commuting, know more, and all this gives me a little more control.
    3) I made it through the week! I was not enjoying myself so that is a win on its own.
    4) our little one wakes up first, usually around 545/6. I nurse him, pass him to H then I work till 7, switch with H and he goes up to work. Get the kids ready, take them to school, and come back home to work.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. What healthy habits are you working on? Eating a healthy diet, getting enough protein

2. How’s it going? Decent, until today when I ate 1.5 donuts!

3. Any small wins last week? I ate eggs for breakfast every day, and managed to pick mostly healthy snacks, like bananas and pistachios

4. GTKY: What is your morning routine? Get up around 6-6:30 with my 5yo, make coffee, chill on the couch with my son scrolling through FB and insta, usually while he watches some tv. That's all I can manage without coffee. About 8am I get dressed and we start homeschooling, we eat breakfast during a homeschool break, and at 10am I start working.
  • 1. What healthy habits are you working on?
    mine will be keeping active in during the winter months..I'm really good in the spring/summer, but I don't love the cold and it starts getting dark here around 4:45 so it's really hard to get out during the week. 

2. How’s it going?
    We went on about an hour walk today, so that was good! 

I've been good with my water goals! 

wake up at 5:30 - shower, brush teeth, lotion
    - make coffee and breakfast for DS1 
    - wake up DS1 if he isn't already awake (usually between 6-6:30) and get him started on breakfast
    - wake up DS2 if he isn't already awake 
    - drink coffee while nursing DS2 
    - make lunch and get all pump parts together for work 
    - finish getting ready (hair, makeup, etc.) 
    - head out - I bring DS2 to my mom's house while I'm at work (DH brings DS1 to preschool on his way to work) 

looking forward to staying home with this baby so our mornings won't be so rushed! 
  • 1. What healthy habits are you working on? Smarter snacking, drinking more water, more activity and more sleep

2. How’s it going? Okay, I would rather have tea than water in the winter, so I'm sort of forcing myself lol. Activity has been on the back burner for a couple weeks since I fell down the stairs 2 weeks ago (and then found out I was pregnant) and have been nursing a bruise the size of my hand on my butt. 

3. Any small wins last week? Definitely ate more fruit and healthy dairy for snacks, and we went for a walk this afternoon which felt really good after being so sore the last while. 

4. GTKY: What is your morning routine? Sleep as long as humanly possible before my son wakes up lol I keep telling myself I will get up earlier and get in a bit of exercise and wash my face and stuff before he wakes up, but I also stay up too late reading. So I am trying to set an earlier bedtime to take advantage of the fact that he now sleeps until 8.
  • 1. What healthy habits are you working on? Getting enough sleep, purposeful snacking instead of forgetting to eat, and taking 2 minute walk breaks every hour during my workday

2. How’s it going? OK. Snacking seems to be going the best. Sleep was good most days but not every, and the walk breaks was something I decided to start on Thursday so it’s still new.

3. Any small wins last week? Snacking is going really well, and my husband has been really helping with this which is awesome. We have opposite schedules and he gets home just after I start my workday. His first question every day has been “what did you eat so far” and then he grabs me a snack based on what I’ve had already. His persistence is really helping me stay on track.

3. GTKY: What is your morning routine? Get up at 7:15 and go wake up my 8yr old. Go back to my room and wait for him to come in fully dressed and ready to take our dogs out. We all head downstairs and he deals with the dogs (potty break, food, water). I start cleaning up the living room from whatever exploded the night before, the 8yr old gets his breakfast together then brushes his teeth. I’ve usually started loading or unloading the dishwasher at this point (my husband makes soooooo many dishes when he makes dinner).  The kid starts school at 8:10, and I finish what I’m doing then take the dogs out for a run.  Once we get back I eat and shower, then it’s an unknown for what the rest of the morning brings until my workday starts at 11:30.
    Drinking water more, going to bed at a reasonable time, eating more fruits and veggies. Oh right, every pregnancy me and DH have a bet on if I can go the whole time without desserts/chowing down on sweet snacks (yes there are exceptions, such as if someone gets me something as a gift/makes me something etc. Main goal is to just not pig out on sweets every day. I've won twice!). 

2. How’s it going? Naturally getting thirsty from pregnancy, so inadvertently achieving that goal! Just started getting some fatigue so tried going to bed slightly earlier but it's still not early enough for me.

3. Any small wins last week? Yep, I have no desires for sweets right now at all so trying to not even bother eating them.

Kiddos wake up with the sun, which means right now they sleep in till 8 (not looking forward to the 530 AM summer awakenings). We grab some books and milk in bottles and read on the couch together for a bit. They play while I make a simple breakfast, then after we head out in rain or shine for daily walk/outdoor playtime. We do homeschool preschool when we get home. 
    I started a personalized meal plan a day before finding out I was pregnant, so I've been trying to stick to that. Drinking enough water, and moving my body when I can. I used to drink too much coffee (decaf so not as bad but still too much) and not eating enough/eating unhealthy quick stuff because I would forget to eat until realizing the reason I felt like crap was because I was hungry so just grabbed whatever was quickest.

2. How’s it going?
    Pretty good. I've been doing well with sticking to the meal plan, and even though I'm not drinking as much water as I should be it's better than it has been. I've already noticed a difference in how I feel even though pregnancy has me feeling nauseous and fatigued alot.

I've been doing really well with staying on track and not over indulging in treats or snacks after the kids go to bed.

We are currently in lockdown so it's a bit different than our usual routine. My youngest (2yo boy) has been waking me up at 4/5am and just being a complete jerk so I've been starting my morning really grumpy. He shares a room with my 4yo boy, so he'll often wake him up too. We go downstairs and watch tv and they play until the 2yo is a jerk to him and then he goes in his high chair and plays with toys on his own. I try to rest or the odd time nap in the recliner while they do their thing. Then at 730ish my now 7yo (her birthday was yesterday 😊) gets up and comes downstairs and either gets herself breakfast or makes breakfast for the 3 of them. Then they play/get ready for virtual classes that start at 850.

Eating more fruit and vegetables, making sure I get up and walk a bit when I’m working from home (if I have to go in the office, I move around a lot more), making good choices in general for snacking. I’ve never been a snacky person but now I feel like I need to eat all the time to stay level. 

2. How’s it going? 

Pretty good? We only grocery shop every other week to avoid going out as much as possible, but we did load up on frozen veggies on the last trip, so that’s helped. I’m setting timers while I work to remind me to get up and move around. 

I think it’s probably a good thing that I’ve developed an aversion to sweet food. My body protecting me from myself. I always assumed I’d be the type of pregnant person to eat candy and donuts and ice cream all the time, but can’t deal with any of that stuff right now.

4. GTKY: What is your morning routine?

My alarm goes off early and then I mess around on my phone for 15-20 minutes. Get up and visit with my husband at work (he’s a radio traffic reporter, so starts work at 5am and is wfh now), then breakfast with the cat while I read a book. After that, if it’s a day I need to go in the office, I start getting ready for that. If I’m wfh that day, I usually putter around and try to do something semi-productive with the extra time (but often just end up back on my phone, like right now, or reading more lol)
    Eating solid meals rather than just snacking all day and not eating at meal times

2. How’s it going? 

Last pregnancy I didn't give this a second thought because I felt soooo crappy. This time I'm trying to be more mindful of what/when I'm eating before I start feeling super bad so hopefully I can figure out some good go-to foods that don't make me feel like garbage. So far so good?

I sound like a 3 year old, but I've eaten all my vegetables at every meal this week (last pregnancy I didn't touch a veg until 2nd tri). I'm oddly proud of that 

4. GTKY: What is your morning routine?
    6am: wake up, make bed, get dressed, breakfast
    6:30am: mom time (husband takes the kids for an hour in the morning so I can do projects I'm working on - he's great) - these days its working on some sewing projects for a friend's baby shower :) 
    7:30am: either watch the kids or walk the dog
    8am: husband goes down to work - play time!