September 2021 Moms
Options

TTGP Check-In 1/14

This check in is for the ladies who actively participated in the Trying to Get Pregnant Board for any length of time.

How far along are you?

Upcoming Appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions? 
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: TTGP Check-In 1/14

• Options
    Any length of time? Like even just 1 cycle and not hugely active? 
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs yep! Unless someone else has a difference of opinion but typically the check-in's on the BMB are open to all grads and don't have the 3 month rule. It's nice to chat with familiar faces that we all know from TTGP and I would include you in that group! 

How far along are you? 4+5 (just like on TTGP when I would have to look at FF every day to remember my CD/DPO, I have to look at Ovia to remember how far along I am  :D

Upcoming Appointments? 6 wk u/s on the 27th, seems like forever

Cravings/Symptoms? the pregnancy constipation has started. Idk why I put on regular pants today. I sat down to work and immediately unbuttoned and unzipped them.  

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? pretty good. I don't want to wish time away but September feels so far away! It's snowing/freezing rain here so basically everything is shut down and the roads are crazy. 

Questions? NATM
    *TW LC*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krash_ I feel you on not wanting to wear tight pants! I accidentally put on a pair of my athletic compression leggings on yesterday morning...they were off within the hour for a loose pair of sweats lol. I don’t know how I’m going to go back to wearing real clothes next week at in-person work. 

How far along are you? 5+5

Upcoming Appointments? Had my first u/s today and everything looks good! I was extra happy because I had the one RE at my office that I don’t care for, so I really didn’t want her giving me anything other than good news. She is not the most personable. I have another appointment next Thursday, and she said if all goes well at that point they’ll have me call my OB to schedule with them. 

Cravings/Symptoms? No real cravings, but nothing really sounds good to eat. Basically everything I ate yesterday was covered in cheese, so I guess I’m diving into comfort food! As far as symptoms go, if I thought my boobs hurt before they have been on another level the past couple of days! I’m starting to feel some nausea (felt pretty gross most of the day yesterday), and I’m still having trouble sleeping. And having the weirdest dreams! I think I’m going to have to stop watching suspenseful tv shows before bed lol

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Doing pretty good! I’m in a great mood after my appointment today. My only life rant continues to be that the students that I have scheduled for virtual speech sessions aren’t showing up. It makes my whole workday feel like such a waste of time. Especially when I would be more than happy to curl up on the couch and nap all day!

Questions? Nope!
  • Options
    @runningoncookies I have been having the craziest dreams too! Last night I had a dream that there was this new trend of "gender" reveal ultrasound parties. You rented a huge room for an afternoon with an ultrasound that projected onto a big screen and it was a few hours of eating, drinking and partying and then the mom gets her u/s to show the baby's sex. It was so weird. I was having one and my whole family was there and they were playing a slide show with baby pictures of MH and I. I would never do this in real life if it ever became a thing but I think I am just desperate for socialization right now I will make anything into an excuse to have a party. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    How far along are you? 5w

Upcoming Appointments? Jan 25th 

Cravings/Symptoms? My symptoms come on randomly and leave shortly after. I’m assuming they will start lingering soon and then be here to stay. So far I have random bouts of nausea, diarrhea, heartburn, exhaustion, emotional, and mild cramping. 

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?
    my youngest is getting his molars and I’m so tired. Plus my 5 yo keeps crawling into bed with at night and I have to get up and take him back to his room. I let him snuggle with me for a bit but then he has to go back to his bed. I went to bed at 8:30 last night because I was so tired. 

Questions? 

@krash_ I wore regular pants last Sunday and was so uncomfortable. I’m ready for spring to get here. The sun was actually out yesterday and the sky was blue and it looked like it could be warm outside. 😆 It was 25 degrees so it wasn’t but that sun felt good. 

@runningoncookies I’m glad you had a great appointment. Having a great US is always a relief. Is there any way to reach out to the parents that are scheduled and see if they plan to attend? That way you aren’t feeling like you’re wasting your time. 
  • Options
    @krash_ Yay! I also use Ovia and thought I had just reached 4 weeks yesterday when really I'm 5, lol I'm sure that will happen many more times.

@runningoncookies So funny about the compression leggings! Those are practically my normal times uniform, and I basically had to stop wearing them before I even got my BFP because I was so bloated immediately! Hooray for a good first u/s!

@emeraldcity1214 Except for a couple of consistent ones, I'm having random and quick symptoms, too!

How far along are you? 5w 1d

Upcoming Appointments? Feb 12 (9 weeks)

Cravings/Symptoms? The only consistent ones are bloating and bigger boobs. Sometimes I have insomnia, sometimes I sleep like a rock, no cravings, sometimes I feel a little icky after eating but not every time. In normal times I skip dinner on weeknights because that's just how it works with my work schedule, but I'm trying to at least have a healthy snack around that time even though I don't have an appetite then. Sometimes I'm constipated, but not all the time, lol.

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Pretty good! I also don't want to wish any time away, but I can't help wanting to rush to get to this first ultrasound next month, because we're waiting for that to tell DS, and it's annoying to have to censor my baby-related talk to DH at home since we don't want DS to know yet. It'll be nice to be able to talk excitedly about it to DS, too. I ordered him a Big Brother shirt yesterday for the reveal!

Questions? 
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs I’m also anxious for the first US but I’m really scared too. I have a few more tests I plan to take just to see if the lines are still progressing. I have never tested this far into a pregnancy but I have also never had issues early in pregnancy like I had last cycle. 
  • Options
    @krash_ omg that’s too funny!

@emeraldcity1214 that’s the worst part. When I made this schedule for virtual learning I sent all the parents an email and told them to let me know if the times didn’t work or if they weren’t going to be able to make sessions. No one responded, and then half of them don’t show up to any sessions! I don’t have the time in my schedule to send a reminder email to all the parents each morning, nor do I think I should need to since it’s a scheduled event on their calendar. It’s just so frustrating, and it makes me feel like the parents don’t respect me as someone who is actively trying to help their kid!

@Aerialmrs I’m sure censoring yourself is so hard, especially if you’re not feeling well! Pregnancy is literally all me and DH talk about, but I’m sure that has to do with it being our first lol
  • Options
    @krash_ I hate the wintry mix of snow AND freezing rain!  it started snowing on me halfway through my morning run today, I was not a fan.

@runningoncookies So glad for your good US, and that you got to associate that RE with a good experience

@emeraldcity1214 I've been similar with the come and go symptoms. Nothing really seems to be consistent and everything only lasts for a little while.  

@Aerialmrs I have the same issue with dinner, I finish work at 8pm (as long as none of my team are on a call), and then I'm always too tired to make dinner and i just wind up going to bed.  I've been putting in a serious effort to at least snack on something, although I've been struggling to find good snacks in the house. I asked my husband to pick up a bunch today on his way home from work.

How far along are you? 4+4

Upcoming Appointments? US on Feb 11 (8+4)

Cravings/Symptoms? Bloating/cramping/nausea seem to come and go.  During my run this morning I was struggling with a runny nose way sooner than normal in the cold, and realized I've also been waking up with some mild post-nasal drip each morning.  I had crazy post nasal drip when I was pregnant with my son, so I'm pretty sure this is a symptom starting up.

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Our company has a huge "sales kickoff" every year. We usually go somewhere warm for a weekend in late January and spend the days in workshops, the nights with lots of open bar at vendor dinners, there's always a costume party, and its really fun.  This year, of course, we've gone virtual which is to be expected.  But, this year they also scheduled it over two weekdays.  My team is our customer-facing tech department.  Normally when we have this event we fly half the team to the location on Thursday, and half the team stays back to work. Then on Friday the other half of the team flies down and those who are already there work remotely.  Then its the same for the Monday/Tuesday return.  With the events all being on weekdays this year my team has been completely left out.  We're going to close once on each day for two hours for two mandatory events, but my team doesn't get to participate in anything else.  My company prides itself on our "award winning tech support", but in this instance it sure feels like we were the afterthought and it's really bothering me.  They can't even use "well we didn't want to take away somebody's weekend" as a reason, because this has always been a weekend event.  I'm very cranky on behalf of my team about this.

Questions? 
  • Options
    @runningoncookies Not to mention their kids are likely regressing from missing sessions. 

@grizzlymama86 I have also noticed post-nasal drainage. Which is annoying. I have had some mild food aversions too. I’m ready for the symptoms to kick into gear so I can feel more at ease. I had one night where I was nearly throwing up from nausea but nothing serious like that since. I hate the way first trimester plays with your mind. Can we just be in the fun second trimester already?!