March 2021 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Teething Accessories

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions about, S+TMs to share their prior experience with, and everyone to share what they're eyeing in the world of maternity, baby and postpartum products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. In this thread we're discussing teething  accessories. 

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to navigate and respond to.

For S+TMs: 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favourite teething accessory:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like and don't like about it:
  • Is there a teething accessory  you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Is there a teething accessory you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts on teething  accessories?:

For FTMs:

• Teething accessories you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions for S+TMs?:

To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrF0iah5XaJFdFTHzNVcIEq4ujZTwq_j1bG9W-bovNs/edit#gid=0

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight: Teething Accessories

• Options
    DS wa a huge Sophie the Giraffe fan but now I’m having second thoughts because of an article I read regarding black mold when the toy was cut in half. Maybe this time around I won’t purchase any hollow teething toys. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My little one loved these mesh teethers with either ice or frozen fruit, we still use them
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first son loved his Sophie the Giraffe but I also got paranoid about the black mold for my second. I cut Sophie open during my second pregnancy and there was no visible mold...made me regret cutting it open rather than giving it to my second! Ha!
  • Options
    I got 2 Sophies, I'm planning on not immersing them in water, which seems to be the black mold culprit (much like bath toys). I do think I'll be pretty vigilant about them, and if I suspect they're growing anything yucky I'll toss them. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    We never had a mold issue with the Sophie but it did eventually stop squeaking.  I'm not sure if we'll replace it bc it would make my dog crazy (he wanted it as his toy lol).  We had a munch mitt also, but DS was pretty fickle about it.  Although, he started teething before he was developmentally able to use teethers appropriately.  He cut his first tooth before he turned 3 months and another a week later.  He had all but his second year molars before he was 1.  My little tooth factory.

This was DS' favorite teether - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QYW8LW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    @juliebeannn Ohhhh I didn't even think about the squeaking and my dog haha. She's definitely going to be confused. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @juliebeannn my daughter loved the banana one too! We used to put it in the freezer for her and that was her favorite for sure.
    we also did the munch mitt and it was pretty hit or miss, sometimes she liked it and sometimes not. Same for other teething rings. We didn’t do Sophie, not because of mold or anything, we just never got one lol. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    DD1’s favourite thing to chew on was her pacifier clip. We had one of those ones with the silicone beads (see link) and she would just go to town on it. That and her hands. 

Silicone Pacifier Clip by Dodo Babies Pack of 2 + Pacifier Case, Premium Teething Bead Universal Holder Leash for Boys and girls, Teething Toy or Soothie, Baby Shower Gift Set https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FTNP7FW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_1GV-FbZ9KV9XD
  • Options
    @finnflan we liked those, too. My 20 mo old DD is literally chewing on the one we bought for her as an infant right now lol.