EDD:
FTM/STM/STM+:  
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  
Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  
Upcoming appointments:  
How are you feeling?  
Rants/Raves:  
Questions:  
GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy so far? (I think we cover least fave parts in the symptoms thread lol).

Re: 🗓️Weeks 1 & 2 (5/1 - 5/14) Check-In w/o Jan. 4

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD: 5/10 but it will probably be 5/3 because repeat C
    FTM/STM/STM+:  3 time mo,
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Team Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  a papaya
    Upcoming appointments:  January 12th I have an appointment with an mfm for a follow up anatomy scan because Mr. Eli is stubborn!
    How are you feeling?  I'm doing ok! Enjoying the "energy" of the second trimester, lol
    Rants/Raves:  My youngest brought home a stomach virus on Wednesday and it went through all of us.  Everyone was finally feeling better by last night, just in time to start the week!  Also, I just found at my elective ultrasound on Saturday that I have an anterior placenta.  Why has no one told me!!!?? That explains why I haven't been feeling him quite as much!
    Questions:  Nada
    GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy so far? (I think we cover least fave parts in the symptoms thread lol). As of now, I haven't real gained any weight, which is unheard of for me!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @gusgus14 I'm so sorry you're feeling crappy :( I was hoping you were on the up and up.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t thank you! Comparatively I am feeling much better than I was and it's been weeks since I've had to take PTO for not feeling well, I think I'm just worn down from it. I do not handle feeling sick very well and I might end up going back on the b6+unisom if the nausea keeps up this week. On top of that, I usually sit in a warm shower to relax when I'm not feeling well but I have a recurring cyst on my tailbone and it's been flaring up lately which makes it impossible to get into a comfortable sitting position in the shower. Times like these I wish our bathroom was done! 
  • Options
    @texas_t I can't believe they hadn't told you your placenta was anterior! 
  • Options
    @gusgus14 yay for bathroom progress!!! We didn’t do much over break because DH was recovering from sinus surgery. Now he’s off to work in Idaho. But he has promised me that he will be working on it every weekend from here on out so that it’s done by the time baby gets here! 
    Also, my DH had a recurring cyst on his tailbone too. He had it drained a couple of times (not gonna lie, it was pretty gross). But  it just kept coming back and causing him so much pain. He got it surgically removed about 8 or 9 years ago and it hasn’t been back! So I can definitely recommend the surgery! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    EDD: May 1st 
    FTM/STM/STM+:  4th 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  Barbie doll 
    Upcoming appointments:  gah! An ECG for Mia’s heart tomorrow at MFM. Super nervous, but playing it positive and tough for the sake of everyone.
    How are you feeling?  Can’t sleep well at night, just ordered new sheets. Back pain. SPD pain. Belly button pain! Our pets heads are falling off! (Jk)
    Rants/Raves:  My sister got her first vaccine last week! She was on the fence about it, but I told her if she wants to come see my baby and hang with my kids then she needs to get it ASAP. So she got it a couple of days later! 
    Questions:  
    GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy so far? (I think we cover least fave parts in the symptoms thread lol).
    Honestly, I love feeling baby move around. It’s like my special secret, the baby is all mine for now! 

• Options
    @yellingbanana My husband has had the surgery, too and I am definitely planning on having it removed! I'm hoping next year since my deductible will be hit after delivery. It happened the first time when I was about 7.5-8 months pregnant with DD and it got so badly infected (I didn't know it was infected at the time) that I couldn't walk, sit, or lie down without intense pain. Finally got it checked out and they were all shocked at how deep it was because it looked tiny from the surface. They talked about just giving me some antibiotics to see if that would take care of it but I basically begged them to lance it because I couldn't deal with the pain anymore. It was absolutely disgusting when they drained it because of the infection :| Honestly, the pain from the infection and the local anesthesia and packing of the wound was way worse than anything I felt during labor! They told me if it kept coming back I'd likely need surgery. It really didn't come back for a while and when it did it wasn't bad and then would drain on its own and go away for months at a time so it was mostly just obnoxious and I never took the time to deal with it. The past few months though it basically hasn't gone away at all and just fills/drains/fill/drains on repeat and it gets sooooo uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    @yellingbanana good luck to you and Mia tomorrow!
  • Options
    lurking from the tail end of the month
    @yellingbanana good luck to you tomorrow!
  • Options
    @yellingbanana FX Mia's heart is perfect  <3
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Thanks guys ❤️ Will keep you posted, appointment isn’t until late afternoon west coast time. So it’ll be later in the day.

@gusgus14 wow, that sounds exactly like what my DH went through! It did seem pretty agonizing for him. I hope you are able to get it taken care of after baby! 
    Dang insurance... 

• Options
    EDD: 5/11 so I’m 22 weeks today 
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Team green 
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  a coconut 
    Upcoming appointments:  glucose test, growth scan, and OB checkup 1/18
    How are you feeling?  I’m feeling pretty good, minus sleeping but that’s nothing new!
    Rants/Raves: for once in weeks I don’t feel like ranting about anything—maybe my second tri rage is subsiding :) 
    Questions:  STM+ if you sleep trained, what method did you like the most? 
    GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy so far? (I think we cover least fave parts in the symptoms thread lol). Honestly, I’m so grateful to be pregnant but that’s where the enjoyment stops. Not sure I’ll be the type who loves pregnancy. It’s certainly fascinating and I get super excited about the growing bump (and boobs lol), but if there were a way for me to be safely in a coma till May I would sign up for that in a heartbeat. Pregnancy is just not that comfortable! That said, I’ve really enjoyed the pregnancy world and the conversations with friends and family and classes and books and all of that!!! And I understand how some moms miss it once baby is born! 
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 I’m not sure what our sleep training was called, because the first time I used it was 14 years ago. But it has worked on 2/3 of my children and all the children that I’ve provided care for. 
    Here are the basics: 
    -Do regular nighttime routine (bath, book, etc)
    - give baby/toddler big hug and kiss and say something like ‘it’s time for sleeping now’
    - set baby laying down in crib, lights off (except a nightlight)
    - leave the room, shut the door
    - If baby starts crying, wait for 5 minutes before going in room 
    - Don’t pick up baby, instead talk calmly and say something like ‘I love you, it’s sleeping time, goodnight’ while laying baby down and soothing. Stay in room for no longer than 1 minute!
    - leave room, shut door
    - if baby starts crying, wait for 7 minutes before going in room and repeating the soothing talk step.
    -keep repeating but with gradually longer wait times before going in room.
    - do this every night until baby finally falls asleep on own.

This works with most babies, but obviously there is no one size fits all. DD2 wouldn’t fall asleep on her own unless she was snuggling with someone. We tried everything. And I am like a baby whisperer, but nothing worked. She was 18 months and still not sleeping through the night (which really sucked because I was a full time college student). We finally asked her 5 year old sister if they could share a bed, and that did the trick.

• Options
    EDD: May 4th (repeat C-section around 4/26)
    FTM/STM/STM+: Third
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: A Furby
    Upcoming appointments: Nothing, just had our anatomy scan yesterday and everything was great. 
    How are you feeling? My back is so bad and nothing is helping😭 I have a bad back anyways from years of gymnastics but usually I make it further than 23 weeks before I can't walk around by the end of the day. 
    Rants/Raves:  
    Questions:  
    GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy so far? (I think we cover least fave parts in the symptoms thread lol). My favorite part is always the movement. It never gets old to me.

• Options
    @yellingbanana sending you all the healthy vibes. I hope everything goes great and they just need some better views of everything. 

• Options
    @yellingbanana thinking of you! Do you know when you're going to Seattle Children's? 
  • Options
    @yellingbanana thinking of you and hoping for good, reassuring news! When is your appt?
  • Options
    @yellingbanana hopefully you can get in quickly to get that reassurance!
  • Options
    @yellingbanana as tough as it is for him not to be there, it will be less tough for you both getting in so quickly as opposed to waiting another month. Will be thinking of you in AM!
  • Options
    @yellingbanana I'm so glad you're able to get in today! I'm sorry your husband can't go, but I'd have chosen the same! FX all is well!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @yellingbanana Let us know how it goes! I'm sure everything will be ok.  I hope they are able to give you good news today!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @yellingbanana yayyyyyyy!! So good they don't want to have you back at the hospital and that everything is in working order.
  • Options
    @yellingbanana such wonderful news!!! glad you can relax about that now!
  • Options
    @yellingbanana Oh my goodness, that's so great! I bet you're REALLY going to enjoy your vacation now!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @yellingbanana great news! So happy to hear this!
  • Options
    @yellingbanana I'm so glad everything looked good! That is such a relief!