August 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 1/3

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms this week?

Questions/concerns?

Re: Weekly Symptoms 1/3

• Options
    6w3d and coffee tastes awful to me 😩. I really didn’t have many (any?) food aversions in my previous pregnancies. I am also craving McDonald’s fries with every fibre of my being. I wonder if that means I’m salt deficient? Is that a thing? Probably not.  
  • Options
    According the head of my OB department, cravings because you lack something isn't a real thing. But you know, fries once in a while can't hurt. :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pickle-chips I have had so many mcnuggets its not even funny. Not so much a craving as I'm on my way to work and can't stomach the idea of eating whats in my lunch bag. I've convinced myself to just get what I want not the whole meal, so I don't over indulge. I also haven't had coffee for weeks.

I'm 9+4, the past 2 weeks have flown by. My nausea has settled and I'm just starving all the time. I've also been easily frustrated and a little sad at times. 

Anyone else losing a crap ton of hair? Easily triple what I normally lose. I have v curly thick hair so it all comes out in the shower.
  • Options
    @doodlemom131 did you have covid? I know many people were reporting hair loss after covid. If not I’m sure it is just hormones. Also I’m starving all the time too. 😬

How far along are you? 7+5

Any new symptoms this week? Nausea and dry heaving at 1000x better so long as I eat small meals. Now I’m just hungry all the time. 

Questions/concerns? Nope!

• Options
    @surrenderdorothy no, I didn't! But that's interesting. I've read it is a semi normal thing during pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @doodlemom131 yes definitely normal! I lost a ton of hair post-partum. I have really long thick hair and it was literally coming out in clumps in my hands. I knew that I’d lose hair but was shocked by how much! 
  • Options
    @pickle-chips I craved all things salty at the beginning of my last pregnancy!  Like ramen noodles... I hadn’t eaten those in years!!  
  • Options

How far along are you? 7 weeks today

Any new symptoms this week? Nausea is coming in waves.  Totally new territory for me.  Ginger candy is helping some.  Hopefully this is short lived because I want food.  

Questions/concerns? Not today

• Options
    @emily1052 oh, now I want ramen! I hope you’re able to stomach some food soon.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6 + 2

Any new symptoms this week? Just all day nausea/gagging/dry heaving and food aversions. I also can't drink my coffee or even stand the smell of it. Sad days.

@pickle-chips I've been getting a lot of A&W fries lately and they are delicious.

• Options
    Anyone else finding themselves irrationally irritated by everything their spouse is doing lately? I've gotta assume this is caused by my hormones cause it's stupid things that don't normally phase me that are making me super annoyed.
  • Options
    @gingermama29 yes. He is super annoying lately. I feel like part of it is he is walking on egg shells which is super irritating. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 8w3d

Any new symptoms this week? Just the all day nausea and exhaustion. Oh and the feeling sad for no reason at all, it’s worse when I’m home alone but I mostly just want to watch sad movies and cry a lot. I’m not a fan and really can’t wait for this to pass. 

Questions/concerns? Nope

• Options
    How far along are you?
    7 weeks tomorrow.

Nothing new, my nausea is worse though.  Heartburn, fatigue, literally everything everyone does annoys me.

Questions/concerns?
    No.
  • Options
    @gingermama29 not my spouse, but DS. I have no patience this pregnancy which makes me feel like an awful mom. 
    6+1 and hello all-day nausea. Trying to up my protein while remaining dairy free. Things that seem to help the nausea is cinnamon gum and seltzer water with lime juice.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @gingermama29 that was my husband last week. He was driving me nuts. 🙄

My hunger has started to become insane. When I get hungry I HAVE TO EAT THAT second or I feel like I’m going to chew my arm off. It is ridiculous. 
  • Options

My hunger has started to become insane. When I get hungry I HAVE TO EAT THAT second or I feel like I’m going to chew my arm off. It is ridiculous. 
    Yeah what is this hunger thing already?! Hello I thought I was supposed to have AVERSIONS!! But I want everything.  I'm really trying to watch my carbs and this is making it impossible...
  • Options

How far along are you?: 6 + 2

Any new symptoms this week?: Occasional queasiness, but otherwise pretty much more of the same.

Questions/concerns?: I'm having a hard time with comparing my symptoms to other people's and reading too much into it right now, ugh. I'm tired, but not exhausted. I'm a little hungrier than usual, but not ravenous. I have moments of queasiness, but nothing rising to the level of nausea, much less actually throwing up. I'm a tad irritable, but not super emotional in general. I just feel like I'm not feeling enough! And it's making me stressed that something is wrong. I know it's early, I know every pregnancy is different, I'm just struggling with not struggling more right now (lol).

• Options

Questions/concerns?: I'm having a hard time with comparing my symptoms to other people's and reading too much into it right now, ugh. I'm tired, but not exhausted. I'm a little hungrier than usual, but not ravenous. I have moments of queasiness, but nothing rising to the level of nausea, much less actually throwing up. I'm a tad irritable, but not super emotional in general. I just feel like I'm not feeling enough! And it's making me stressed that something is wrong. I know it's early, I know every pregnancy is different, I'm just struggling with not struggling more right now (lol).

Do not! I know, harder said than done but seriously....this will be my 3rd child and they were all so different!  Plenty of people do not throw up. I have an iron stomach so it was unsurprising that I was relatively fine with my son. Although I had viscious heartburn the whole time.  My daughter comes along and I had to have a puke bag with me every time I changed my 1 year olds diaper! No heartburn though. This one i am getting waves of nausea but its very inconsistent and its also early (6 weeks).  But the heartburn is back!

My mom had 4 kids said the exact same thing, none were the same and only 1 gave her significant nausea and vomitting.  And my sister had two, first one she was medicated for vomiting and still threw up 4-5 times a day until the day of birth. Second one....barely any morning sickness.  Incidentally, she was also the one that made my mom sickest.  
  • Options

How far along are you?

8+1

Nope. Still having intermittent nausea + dry heaving. Plus...all food is gross. Unless it’s a carb. Then, give it to me. I’m already up six pounds, so I have to get this carb consumption under control. @pickle-chips, I CRAVE McDonald’s whenever I’m pregnant. Salty fries. Chicken McNuggets with sweet and sour sauce. That and orange chicken from Panda Express. It’s so weird because I never eat from those places otherwise. 

Questions/concerns?

All the talk of extra tests and extra monitoring at my appointment this morning has made my anxiety increase exponentially. I turn 35 the month before I deliver. I’m all the sudden thinking about things that I didn’t think about before my appointment. 

• Options
    @cyanope I turned 35 early on with DS’s pregnancy and not much changed for me.  My OB said that as long as we were both healthy nothing needed to change. 
  • Options
    @emily1052, I didn’t think much would change either, so I was just surprised that we talked about my age so much! I mean, I’ll already have extra monitoring because of other reasons...I just didn’t know my age would be such a hot topic! 
  • Options
    @cyanope I’m up a few pounds too and I swear 90% of it is in my bra. My boobs looks ridiculous. I lost two cups sizes post pregnancy and breastfeeding so this is a big change. DH keeps joking that maybe if he is extra nice to them, they’ll stick around this time. 😂🙄
  • Options
    bmo88bmo88 member
    edited January 2021

How far along are you? 6w

This afternoon, initial faint waves of nausea just started. Thankfully not very strong. 

Had some sudden, intense jolts of back spasms. I hope that was a fluke, yikes they hurt. 

Questions/concerns? Not really a concern but curious. My right breast all of a sudden has a hard, non-moving mass in it. I know it wasn't there when I had my wellness exam back in August. 

I plan to ask my CNM at my January 22 appointment. But curious, other than soreness in the boobs, anyone else have texture changes in their breasts? This didn't happen during my last pregnancy. 

• Options
    @surrenderdorothy I have been working out and mindful of what I eat, but somehow have gained a few pounds and I am only 6 weeks. I dont understand how 😔  I think some is bloat.
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy, I always thought I wanted bigger boobs...until I experienced breastfeeding boobs. And now I’m like, “nope!” My average-sized boobs are just fine, thank you! 
  • Options
    @Eveinshock thanks girl, it really does help to hear firsthand experiences of how different each pregnancy can be!
  • Options
    @bmo88 My left breast definitely has a more sore and firm spot, but I remember it from last pregnancy too. 

I’m 6+3 today and the nausea is coming on. Ugh. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 6+5

Any new symptoms this week? The nausea is real.  My husband is joking I only eat orange foods because all I can stomach is mac and cheese, oranges, and chicken sandwiches. 

Questions/concerns?  Trying to stay out of google holes. It is hard.  Hoping I picked a good prenatal. 

• Options
    @emmylou78: I saw your comment about rubbing alcohol and nausea in the other thread. I tried it today and it worked! 
  • Options
    Yay @bmo88. It’s one of those handy nurse hacks. I bought and essential oil thing off Amazon but I wasn’t loving the smell. The rubbing alcohol wipes have been way better. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nausea has turned into vomiting. Good times 🤢🤢🤢
    I'll have to try the rubbing alcohol next time
  • Options
    @grogu hope you feel better! I forget, are you on medications for nausea already? 
  • Options
    @hannelorre thank you ❤️ 
    I'm not, I do have it but PGAL brain has me questioning everything I did last time which I know is not rational. With my first pregnancy I managed with sea bands and ginger. I'm really hoping to do the same this time unless I'm really struggling.
  • Options
    @grogu hugs! do what you need to do for yourself and the baby. Hope the home remedies work!! 
  • Options

How far along are you? 7 + 5

Any new symptoms this week? Nausea, tiredness, stuffy nose, a bit of heartburn and round ligament pain. 

Questions/concerns? Not really a concern but I’m up some pounds already and not sure how I feel about it. My clothes fit tighter and I hate it. Part of it is due to an ankle sprain and being in an air boot and laid up for 2 months. I had an appointment today and was given an ace bandage and told maybe 4 more weeks. My doctor just wants me doing ankle exercises for now. 

• Options
    Hello morning sickness vomiting.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    6w3d and coffee tastes awful to me 😩. I really didn’t have many (any?) food aversions in my previous pregnancies. I am also craving McDonald’s fries with every fibre of my being. I wonder if that means I’m salt deficient? Is that a thing? Probably not.  
    So funny! I’m not a huge fan of McDonalds and almost every single food makes me feel sick but McDonald’s fries have been the only craving of mine and surprisingly they sit well with me. 

And now to answer the questions:

How far along are you? 9 weeks 5 days

Any new symptoms this week? The nausea is so much worse this week. I haven’t been able to eat much. And I’ve lost 4lbs since becoming pregnant. The dr isn’t worried bc at this point the baby is getting all of the nutrients they need but of course, I worry. I’m hopeful the nausea gets better soon. The dr offered to put in a prescription for nausea meds after I’ve tried all of the natural suggestions (sea bands, b6, taking 12.5mg of unisom with the b6, ginger root, peppermint tea). I’ve exhausted all of it and I’m trying to avoid the prescription in hopes that it’ll all be over any day now... but I don’t think I can take much more. My husband told me to not go more than another week feeling this way. I’m stubborn ;) 

Questions/concerns? I don’t have any.

• Options
    Oh no @grogu and @Kenneylynn3 I hope the vomiting spells pass quickly! 

@ashkel215 now I’m craving French fries. Yum  😋