2nd Trimester
Options

Lump in armpit at 16 weeks?

Sorry this is kind of long- I am hoping someone else has had a similar experience and can give me some insight... yesterday I had my 16 week OB appt, where I had to see a midwife as my dr. was out of office. I mentioned a lump/bumpy area in my left armpit. I had something very similar on the same side that I noticed at the end of of my last pregnancy and my dr was confident it was accessory breast tissue. After pregnancy and breastfeeding I never really noticed it again. This time the midwife ordered an ultrasound as she said she could not definitely say it was breast tissue since it was a little higher up than she normally sees. I am freaking out. I had a stage 1 melanoma removed from my stomach in March 2019 and am so afraid it is something related to that. My husband said it seems very similar to what I had with my last pregnancy but I can’t stop freaking out. They couldn’t schedule the ultrasound until Jan 27 so now I will have to wait a month 😕. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Does it seem weird I am experiencing this so early in my pregnancy? Any insight is greatly appreciated

Re: Lump in armpit at 16 weeks?

• Options
    Sorry this is kind of long- I am hoping someone else has had a similar experience and can give me some insight... yesterday I had my 16 week OB appt, where I had to see a midwife as my dr. was out of office. I mentioned a lump/bumpy area in my left armpit. I had something very similar on the same side that I noticed at the end of of my last pregnancy and my dr was confident it was accessory breast tissue. After pregnancy and breastfeeding I never really noticed it again. This time the midwife ordered an ultrasound as she said she could not definitely say it was breast tissue since it was a little higher up than she normally sees. I am freaking out. I had a stage 1 melanoma removed from my stomach in March 2019 and am so afraid it is something related to that. My husband said it seems very similar to what I had with my last pregnancy but I can’t stop freaking out. They couldn’t schedule the ultrasound until Jan 27 so now I will have to wait a month 😕. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Does it seem weird I am experiencing this so early in my pregnancy? Any insight is greatly appreciated
    Be assured your midwife is doing what she feels is best to ensure your health.  I would call and ask if you can be put on a cancellation/wait list for earlier appointment.  

It could be something and it may not be anything.  Try not to think about it right now - patience and waiting sucks in these situations. 
  • Options
    What ever came of this? I have an apt for a lump in my armpit as well. I was about 15 weeks when I noticed it.  I am now 23 weeks, good ol healthcare 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get a lump in my armpit every time I get pregnant and it stays there until I’m done breastfeeding. My Dr said it’s just clogged milk ducts and not to worry. I’ve had a mammogram this year and everything was good before becoming pregnant. After baby’s born the lump gets bigger because I guess my boobs are just too small to hold all of my milk and it gets backed up. Usually after the baby breast feeds the lump goes down a bit. 
  • Options
    I have a huge lump in my armpit and had to have a mammogram and a biopsy last year. It was terrifying. Especially with the Covid restrictions and having to go to every appointment alone. Turned out to be a harmless fibroadenoma. Hoping you all get positive news. 
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone is reading this still, but I noticed a bean-sized lump in each armpit early on in this pregnancy. It freaks me out from time to time for sure, though I’m somewhat reassured that it’s in both. Sometimes they get super itchy too.

I actually had an ultrasound done in the first trimester - the appointment took forever but was scheduled bc pre-pregnancy I was freaked out because I lactated when I scratched my left boob due to eczema (haven’t BF in over 2 years). All appeared normal…so just have to calm those anxiety-worries!
  • Options
    I have this too in my left armpit. It is a pretty decent size too. I’ve had had an ultrasound and a mammogram done and it’s just breast tissue that formed. Always get it checked though :)
  • Options
    I also get a bump on left armpit during pregnancy but it goes away after birth sometime. I even got a swollen gum this time ughhh