June 2021 Moms
Options

GTKY Monday 12/28

What is the worst or best Christmas present you have ever gotten?

Re: GTKY Monday 12/28

• Options
     I’ll start. The worst gift I got was last year from my father in law and it was a hanging bug zapper 😆 lol I have no idea why he picked that for me. I still to this day haven’t used it but I guess I should in the summer with a new baby around lol. 

I’d say the best gift I got was 2-3 years ago my in laws gave me and DH a cheque for like $1400 bucks to go buy a brand new dining table set which we needed so badly cause we didn’t have one for our new place. I love our table and chairs. It was so nice of them. 
  • Options
    My sister in law gives me shitty presents every year. It drives me nuts because we always say we don’t want to exchange with them, just the kids. Then she goes out and buys me a random sweater or piece of jewelry at TJ Maxx that I will never wear. This year it was a pair of pajamas that are too tight and really uncomfortable and an ugly necklace.
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Best gift: last Christmas DH got us a cruise for our upcoming anniversary(august)

worst gift: last Christmas DH got us a cruise for our upcoming anniversary(august).....but COVID happened so it was cancelled 😭
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 LOL that is hilarious:)

@ramfam2507 oh no! I feel ya. We got a free cruise as part of a vacation package but I'm thinking never gonna happen 🙃
  • Options
    I don't really remember the worst gift, it was probably what my parents gave me two years ago. I don't remember what it was, just that I returned everything. 

This year my dad's gifts for my mom were so bad they were funny. She'd asked for sweatpants (or some other comfy lounge pants to wear at home), which he interpreted as loungewear in general. A few pieces weren't bad, but then he got her a hot pink dressing robe that said "Maid of Honor" in gold on the back. Then there was the tshirt that said "Faith" is a crucifix shape on the front (she's not religious). His defense for both was that they were a great deal (he discovered Amazon Warehouse) and swore the description didn't mention the writing (I doubt it).
  • Options
    @ellieemc26 so funny about your worst gift- my dad and stepmom used to always send me clothes from CC too! I used to exchange it for socks and scarves, and then would give those away as gifts. The stuff they send now is from boutiques where they live so I usually donate it- but now I know where my stepmom shops so I get her GC for those stores. 
    @laurad75 I haaate that. If we said we're just exchanging for the kids why do people get me stuff?? Bath and body works usually has a sale on their 3 wick candles around black Friday so I always buy a ton in case I end up in situations like that. 
    Bummer about all the cancelled cruises this year!
  • Options
    Worst gift:  my senior year of high school my mom bought a ton of new clothes for me. Every single item was 2-3 sizes too small, and she didn't save any receipts. I was a healthy weight and size for my frame, but it was her passive aggressive way of telling me I was too big, and when I asked what I was supposed to do with clothes that were too small she told me to lose weight or return them. I returned everything without a receipt so got almost nothing back. 

Best gift: my dad and stepmom and my ILs will typically give us money towards/buy us airplane tickets to come visit them sometime during the year. 
  • Options
    Worst gift: My parents get me terrible presents for Christmas. This year it was a set of four gross candles that were clearly some deep discount crap. The box was saturated in an oily residue. I don’t even burn candles. One time they gave me a Bundt cake Pan after I said, “please don’t buy me a bundt cake Pan, I already have one”. 

Best gift: I got a Mercedes for my first Mother’s Day. Our car had been totaled so we needed a new one but I never dreamed we would go from a Mazda to a Mercedes. It’s a wagon, which I wanted so badly. I love that car. We have to get a new one because it doesn’t fit 3 across and it makes me SO sad. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @laurad75 We always say we just want to do kids gifts at Christmas and no one listens.  We do not need more stuff as adults, especially random things we don’t need!

Worst Gift: My husband got me a record player last year.  Not sure why???

Best Gift:  My husband got me some
    awesome shoes several years ago for Christmas.  He will never beat those shoes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Worst- I spent over $1000 on my mom and brothers for Christmas and I literally didn't get one present.
    Just from my boyfriend (now husband). I was so crushed.

Best- this year my husband and son made me an ornament that said " thank you for my little brother" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ohh. 
    Worst - probably everything my step mom gives it’s things like dry shampoo and make up remover. Probably $200 worth of stuff I’ll never use. 
    Or the time my mom gave me a (IOU) trip to Europe that I never saw 

Best - I’m not sure. It all seems so material. But I really do love my kitchen mixer or Apple Watch. 
  • Options
    Worst - my aunt, who's usually a pretty good gift giver, gave me these three resin birds for some reason. Um... thank you? 😅

Best - lots of beautiful, useful, meaningful things over the years. Im so blessed  :)

• Options
    These worst gifts are hilarious.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    Speaking of terrible presents, my birthday is coming up and MH asked what I wanted. I said a big ol’ giftcard to Nordstrom. I just wanna buy frivolous stuff for myself!! And not be tempted to buy baby things. Like earrings that I’ll never wear, shoes that aren’t practical, and bras that are too lacy. 

I really don’t want him to get me a gift otherwise bc they’re always just so terrible. It’s always jewelry...that’s not cute 😑. Like bro, just get me a Sephora giftcard and call
    it a day.