June 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - Week of 12/27

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 12/27

• Options
    Watching little mermaid live with the 4yo. I want to nap lol
  • Options
    Off work all week. Trying to relax and have fun with the kids and get some cleaning/organizing done. Praying I have the energy and I'm not sick this week!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Power is out in my area because of high winds! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Are any of you planning a babymoon? Our province is largely open now, but we can't leave the province without having to isolate for 14 days so options are pretty limited. I am thinking maybe a couple nights away in a cabin in March?

Our winters are brutal but think I will be too uncomfortable once the weather gets warmer.

**EDIT - I just realized I asked this question last week. I am so sorry! Pregnancy brain lol  :#:D  
  • Options
    @sugarcoateddonut debating this right now, too. I think ideally we’d do something over my spring break in early April. Probably a road trip around the mountains by us or get a cabin for a week. Hoping numbers are decreasing enough by then to make it an easier decision! 
  • Options
    @sugarcoateddonut We were planning to do a long weekend in the mountains nearby in April, so I guess that would be the babymoon. I also want to book a week at the beach, but that wouldn't be until September
  • Options
    I took down the Christmas decor today.  The house seems so empty but I was ready for everything to be put away.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sugarcoateddonut I wish. This last year should have been our travel year. I really wish my husband and I could get away for a few nights but the only people who could watch my kids are my parents and I just feel like that’s asking a lot. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sugarcoateddonut our province also requires 14 days isolation upon return from anywhere which isn’t really doable with 2 kids. I work from home so I could manage but not with them home / having to isolate from daycare. 
    Plus the risk just isn’t worth it to me right now. 
    brother in law is getting married in 2022 so we will likely leave the kids with a grandmother and travel there for a long weekend alone at that point. 
  • Options
    @mrsrundmc that's on my list tomorrow. I'm always so happy to take everything down but for some reason this year I'm really digging our Christmas tree and feel sad about taking it down- pregnancy hormones?
    @sugarcoateddonut no babymoon for us. Hoping I can talk DH into a week away (with the kids) in the fall- we were supposed to do Disney July 2020 and I'm wondering if I can get him to agree to November 2021 (fat chance but still!!)
  • Options
    I ordered my Snoogle and it should be here tomorrow afternoon! I’m so excited for a decent night sleep!
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    @sugarcoateddonut I'm not going anywhere. I went to a friend's for the weekend in December and to my parent's for the holidays, after isolating and testing negative. A new semester starts Jan. 6 and goes til April, then an intense summer semester during which I hope Ill give birth! So the babymoon is kind of now. :)
  • Options
    @_orchid_ maybe leave it up longer? Its just for pleasure, right? Unless you have the real kind and the pine needles are dropping....
  • Options
    @_orchid_ my husband wants to take down the tree tomorrow too as its a real one and so dry and crispy now lol im really sad about taking away the tree :( Its pretty and im not ready for it it go. It always seems so bare in here without all the decor.  
  • Options
    I plan to take down my decor and leave my tree up as a winter tree with lights. It just brings me too much joy! It always feels so depressing without the decor, and especially this year, I just can’t. 

I am really hoping things are remotely better for a baby moon in April or May. I doubt it but I’ll keep hoping. It would be so nice to have 1 last vacation. If we can’t fly, hopefully we can drive somewhere in the Netherlands or to Germany for a little mini vacation. But it really depends on the covid numbers as we won’t do anything if they’re still very bad. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I love my snoogle!!! I've been sleeping so much better
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I leave my decorations up until Jan 6 (12 days of Christmas, "little Christmas", epiphany, etc), so we've got another week. Tree is still going strong, so no incentive to take it down just yet 
  • Options
    @Omie_Wise I understand! My parents are across the country, so we really only have my husband's parents (and my SILs) to ask to watch our daughter. I feel badly asking my in laws more than every few months. My mom would take her anytime...but we live too far away :(.

@kristah2 For sure, there is no way a 2 week isolation is doable for us (for a vacation I mean). I am thinking maybe driving a couple of hours away to a cabin. If the Atlantic Bubble opens back up I think Cape Breton would be amazing...but probably not in the winter lol!

@_orchid_ we were supposed to drive to Florida and do a day at Disney last March. I am hoping maybe 2022! We drove with DD when she was 13 months (it's a 25 hour drive) and she did amazing. I think we would do it again when she is 4 and new baby is 8-9 months. They are so easy to travel with when they nap multiple times a day lol!

@mindyb2019 My husband took down our real tree yesterday while I was at work. It was crispy too :(, but now the living room feels huge :)

@AKuzReve The Netherlands or Germany sound amazing! My dad was born in Germany (army brat) and is always talking about going again one day. 
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha @mindyb2019 mine is real too and dropping needles like crazy so down it comes! I think I like it bc I won the annual argument and got to pick a smaller, thinner tree vs. the super fat ones my kids/DH like to pick 😆
  • Options
    Ugh DS's daycare announced two positive covid cases in school in different classrooms (not his). He can still attend but I'm so nervous sending him. I am also upset that people traveled for the holiday and these kids are in this situation. Two weeks out and the parents have to figure out childcare while working and still paying the daycare bill. Gosh it is just a lot during these times and I wish people respected not to travel or have family/friends travel to them. 

Venting over here in my own bubble.  
  • Options
    @tilournextadventure oh no! I hope DS’s class stays safe and healthy, and I’m sorry you have the added stress. I wish people would just respect the social distancing, too! People in our area are wondering if they’ll lighten restrictions because “they haven’t seen another surge” - but started saying that 2 days after Xmas 🙄 come on, people. 

We have a small living tree that we bring in every year. Ornaments will come down early January, but the lights stay up as long as I want 😊 the upside to a smaller tree! 
  • Options
    @sugarcoateddonut we were going to drive down too! We've never done it before, but my dad is in southern FL so we were planning to go there for a week and then Disney for a week. I think it's about 24 hours for us to get to my dad's. If we did November baby would be be 4/5 months so that's something I'm not sure about. 
    We did Disney for 2 days right before ds1 turned 4 and ds2 was 8 months and it was great! It was August so super hot and humid, but we're used to that where we live in the summer. My dad and stepmom came with us and took ds2 back to the hotel around 4 so we could stay with DS1. I baby wore most of the day, but we also brought a stroller with a fan. It was awesome! 
  • Options
    We got our real tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The tree and all the decorations came down on the Saturday and Sunday after christmas. Before I go back to work from the holiday break, I really like to have everything away and the house pulled together and clean. I just like to start the new year off on a clean slate. Especially this year of all years! (Also, I have a December birthday after christmas, and it's kind of nice to have Christmas gone for my birthday. My mom always took Christmas down before my birthday, and it's a tradition I have kept going.)
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    @_orchid_
    That sounds like so much fun! I did a solo trip to Alberta (7 hour plane - probably a 12 hour travel day total) and she did great. I think you would probably have to stop more frequently since you can't just throw snacks back at them like you can with a toddler lol!
  • Options
    bleh! So gross 🤢 I think I'm the first one that had to do this?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ruemcclanahan wow, already?! Hope it comes back negative. Is it bad that I don’t mind the taste 😬😬😬
  • Options
    @ruemcclanahan I feel like you are ahead of the game! So early. Hope all goes well. 

@mc0303 I actually didn't mind it last time. Though I chugged mine, the nurse was confused when I was done 30 seconds later with the bottle to start the clock. 🤣
  • Options
    @mc0303 @tilournextadventure I had GD with my first so just a precaution!
    I went home and checked my blood sugar and I think it was normal so I think I'm in the clear!
    The orange was better than the red I had last time.
    I have to do it again at the normal time (def don't remember when that is lol) if I pass
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ruemcclanahan gotcha! Hope it comes back negative. I had the lime version...it was like drinking a sprite. 
  • Options
    We were up all night with DS throwing up. The poor kid looked so pitiful and was clinging to me every time he would throw up so I was covered in vomit 🤮.   Here’s to hoping he ate something bad and it isn’t a stomach bug. I don’t want a stomach bug right now!   He’s acting mostly normal except not really wanting food and the vomiting only lasted about 6 hours total.  Im forcing fluids myself so hopefully if I do get sick I won’t be horribly dehydrated.  

As for our Christmas stuff, I had planned to take it all down this coming weekend but who knows lol I’m enjoying the tree (plus it’s fake so no mess).  

I don’t remember which one I got last time for the glucose test.  I think it was orange?  It wasn't good but it wasn’t super hard to get down either.  
  • Options
    Christmas tree and all the decorations came down today except for my Christmas card display since some people are still sending them out.  I needed to clean up the house!  

@sgrn18 Oh no!  Poor guy.  I hope he feels better quickly.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @ruemcclanahan makes sense! My office didn't give me an option last time, only orange, so I'm envious of the lime one @mc0303 had. 

@sgrn18 my DS had a stomach bug two weeks ago. He threw up for four hours but then nothing afterward. By the afternoon he was playing like a crazy 4 year old. Thankfully I did not get it either as I caught several bouts of vomit on myself too. I hope you stay well!!! 
  • Options
    @ruemcclanahan wow already? I thought the glucose test wasn’t till way further along? I’ve never had one before so I can’t comment on the taste lol I hope it won’t be too bad when it comes time for me to drink it. 

@sgrn18 oh no! Poor little man. I’m so sorry he was up sick and throwing up. That’s no fun. I hope he feels better. 
  • Options
    @DoubleUp8 happy birthday! I like that tradition of keeping Christmas separate from your day, very difficult for December babies (I am one as well).
    @sgrn18 poor guy, we all know vomiting is no fun. fingers crossed that you didn't catch anything! 

• Options
    @disgruntled_pelican yay for snoogle! I love mine. I hope you get some great sleep this weekend! 

@ruemcclanahan yuck! Sorry you have to do it early and again at the normal time. 

@wendy838 you obviously have to keep them up until the end of January! 

@tilournextadventure I’m sorry you’re going through that with daycare. That’s one of my biggest worries with one in dc now.

@sgrn18 I hope he has been feeling better today and that it was something he ate. A stomach bug right now is not something I would want to deal with either.
  • Options
    @ruemcclanahan I did my first glucose challenge today too. Just under 15 weeks. I get an early one because I'm overweight. Like you, if I pass this one I'll get another at the normal time (28w). I hate the glucola and it makes me feel off the rest of the day. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options
    @ruemcclanahan I did my first one at 10 weeks because I’m AMA 🤷🏻‍♀️ (Turned 35 yesterday 😂) Never had GD before and tested normal still.