July 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms - 12/26

I think we skipped a week for the randoms so I hope no one minds me randomly starting one. 

Is everyone feeling as wiped out from Christmas as I am? And ours was about as low key as it could possibly be! 

I hope everyone who celebrates had a lovely one! 

My MIL has been here for a week now. Super helpful to have the extra set of hands around but now I’m over it, time to go. I need my routine and structure. 

Re: Weekly randoms - 12/26

• Options
    Not sure if this is the right place for this, it seemed pretty random to me lol. 

I got to spend Christmas evening in the Emergency Room because of some pretty scary and very painful cramping. I was on the verge of passing out most of the day until I finally made myself vomit and that snapped me out of it some.  The cramps felt SO much like labor pains, like someone was twisting and ripping me from the inside, but after multiple tests and medications, they narrowed it down to a stomach bug 🙄. I felt kind of embarrassed that we spent hours in there for a stomach bug, but I was also pretty severely dehydrated so the IV fluids were excellent 

I got some rest and the cramping is still there (not as much) but they checked on baby and said everything looks good. 

We didn’t have a scan scheduled for another 3 weeks so I feel good that they checked and reassured that everything was fine! We didn’t get to see it, though 😢. But she said it was measuring right on track at 9+2 with a HR of 144 so I’ll take the good news!
  • Options
    @jessd0117 that sounds horrible!! Sorry you spent Xmas in the emergency room - glad baby is doing well though!
    @becks_726 yes I am wiped!!  I have a week off work now and am so grateful - just going to veg right out.

anybody have any tips for potty training regression? Our little guy was doing so well but all of the sudden he does not want to go on the toilet in the bathroom - he seems to be fine wanting to go on his little potty so we’ve dragged that out into the living room but that can’t last forever lol!  He’s also never pooped on the potty - any tips for getting that going?? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jessd0117 sounds like an eventful Christmas! Glad baby is doing ok, and hope you are feeling better. 

@becks_726 add me to the wiped out club. I was so tired yesterday! Hoping I am a bit more motivated today to get some things done.

@canucklehead123 no good tips over here (my four year old is still in pull-ups at night lol). I just take the approach of not letting myself stress about it. Both of my kids didn’t day potty train until 3-3.5.

At my appointment the other day, my OB asked if I was feeling any symptoms of a UTI as I had a small amount of bacteria in my urine. I wasn’t, but the my ran the culture regardless. Turns out I have a mild UTI caused by group B strep, so I need to take ABX now and have an IV of ABX when I go into labor.
  • Options
    What an awful way to spend Christmas Day @jessd0117. I’m glad you got that scan though. Reassurance is always nice. 
  • Options
    @jessd0117 ugh I’m so sorry! But relieved  all is good with baby 

@daisy528 I HATED those IV abx, they burned!! Sorry about the UTI :(

H is off this week so we have been doing a lot of stuff around the house. It’s still fairly new to us and I randomly decided I HAD to get rid of the wallpaper in our half bath and our bedroom. So that took a ton of work to remove and while I was at it, decided to paint the spackled patches previous owners left in DS’s room and paint DD’s room the color I wanted it to be! We are finally done painting and I am sooo happy to be finished. And really love the end result. We’re getting a new vanity for the half bath tomorrow. I’m hoping to get a lot of cleaning and organizing done while H is off work and I want to finalize our decor. I haven’t felt totally settled here yet so I’m hoping this will help! We’ll also do a fun day trip with the kids this week. 

Anyway, I have been spending literal hours removing wallpaper, priming, and painting so I haven’t been around 😂 I’m going to try to be better about this. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge where on earth have you found the energy?! You’re superhuman. 
  • Options
    I’m so lost on the days since Christmas was a Friday and I was off yesterday. 

Alsoooo my mom shipped me all my maternity clothes and they are currently stuck at the airport since they’re overwhelmed with packages. She sent this package since December 8. Usually I get packages in like 6-7 days. 🤦🏽‍♀️ It also has Christmas stuff. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @AKuzReve that’s so annoying about the packages!! I hope they can get it sorted and back on track quickly now that the bulk of holiday madness is over 
  • Options
    @becks_726 I have no idea and am thoroughly exhausted. All I did today was tidy around the house and clean my bathroom and I’m totally wiped. At least I don’t have to paint anymore 😂 before/after in spoilers if you’d like to see. Though I think it sorted as after/before

@AKuzReve I sent out orders from my shop over a week ago. Handed them to post office worker myself. They haven’t even been scanned in so it looks like they’re still sitting in my house!

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge the grey is def much easier on the eye. Though, I like that wallpaper. It would be pretty in a bigger space for sure!
  • Options
    Happy New Years from Amsterdam! 

• Options
    Happy New Years from Michigan, US!  Will most certainly not be making it until midnight lol 

anyone doing anything fun for NYE? We had pizza and watched Moana for the 1 millionth time lol 
  • Options
    Happy New Years! Kids are in bed, we had subs and are watching Death to 2020

@daisy528 I liked the wallpaper itself but it stressed me out in such a tiny room. An assault on my eyes 😂

• Options
    Happy new year’s!! 

I got M to bed nice and early because we had a rough afternoon. Then I used my last drops of energy to tidy up a bit and crashed at 9. Sums up 2020. 
  • Options
    Happy New Year!!  DH and I watched The Ripper on Netflix lol... very festive of us.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We also watched death to 2020 and had a nice spread. I made a nice dinner of pork belly, baked potatoes, and carrots for dinner. My DS (16 months tomorrow) ate 5 baked potatoes. 😳😳 We celebrated Bangkok NYE with him and then he went to bed at 7:10. I stayed up until 2 AM. 

DS definitely overate last night because he vomited at some point during the night (he didn’t wake us up or cry for us at all so who knows when). So today consisted of washing his sheets, sleepsack, and bunny. Plus he got a morning shower. 

Alsoooo today is the 1st night I’ve officially dropped his bedtime feed. He’s been self weaning over the past month but still latching because comfort maybe. So I took the plunge and I’m just dropping feeds. He didn’t notice or care at all. 😭😭 

• Options
    Happy New Year everyone!🎉

Spending the day today relaxing, and not doing much else. DH had to work today so it’s just me and the kids.

TMI but trying out soaking in a lukewarm apple cider vinegar bath to help ease my yeast infection symptoms. Pregnancy is so glamorous....🙄 
  • Options
    @daisy528 I’m so sorry you have a yeast infection. That’s truly terrible luck. I hope the ACV offers some relief. 
  • Options
    @daisy528 can you take anything for yeast infections during pregnancy? I’ve only had one in my life so I don’t know a lot about them! If I remember correctly I was given some kind of oral tablet that I took 2 days in a row? Not sure if that’s safe during pregnancy tho. 

I hear ya on the “glamorous” lol I’ve been discussing my digestive health at length with DH lately and basically sharing my reviews of the many different kinds of stool softeners I’ve been trying out. Last time around the backups ended in the 2nd tri, hoping for the same this time!
  • Options
    @jessd0117 unfortunately, you can’t take the oral meds while pregnant, so I am stuck with just Monistat topical cream for internal and external use😩 the worst! I hope your backups end soon. I’ve definitely dealt with a few of them this time around. 

For anyone who has to deal with a yeast infection, know that if you are dealing with discomfort externally, Lotrimin actually works wonders. ACV only gave me temporary relief. 
  • Options
    i called someone an idiot on Facebook and got banned for 3 days. It sucks
  • Options
    @marikkita12 sorry but this made me laugh in disbelief!!  You can get banned for calling somebody an idiot?!! What about all the crap so many idiots spew on Facebook 24/7?! Don’t see them getting banned!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @marikkita12 FB has gotten so ridiculous. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Nothing in my life has prepared me for online learning.  What happened to paper and pencils?  
  • Options
    @AKuzReve How’s the weaning going?? I took the plunge and weaned my son completely starting on the 27th. I realized that we had inadvertently gone a full day without nursing so I just kept it up. He did surprisingly well, but I think it’s because my husband was on vacation so we had a nice change to our routine, and went for walks/hikes everyday. Now that my husband is back at work, he’s been acting very clingy and vulnerable and I keep feeling guilty for taking away his favored source of comfort 😢.
  • Options
    @navete, really well! Actually his morning feed is our last one and this morning was only 1.5 minutes. So I think he’s ready to drop it. We’re gonna do it tomorrow. 😭😭😭 it’s so bittersweet. But I’ve been dairy free, nut free, and soy free for 1 year so I’m also pretty excited to introduce that back into my diet. Can you still offer snuggles or does he search for the boob? 

• Options
    @AKuzReve It’s bittersweet indeed, but woo, how exciting to reintroduce all those yummy things back into your diet. What are you most looking forward to? And are you going to do anything to remember the last session? Good luck/happy last feeding!

Fortunately I can still offer snuggles; he’s very affectionate and asks for a hug many times a day. He does still ask to breastfeed before his nap, which tugs at my heartstrings. I tell him there’s no more milk and so far he’s been content to give my chest a quick pat and then go to sleep lol.
  • Options
    @navete I weaned my son on his 4th birthday and he asks to hold the milk so he just holds on to my boob. He still gets comfort from it but obviously there is most definitely no more milk in there. He keeps saying that when the baby is born his sister is going to share the milk with him again but he is most definitely mistaken lol
  • Options
    @navete, paneer in Indian food. Haha it’s the one thing I’ve missed so much. I did one last session on Sunday and just enjoyed every moment about it. So many times I got caught up using the phone while nursing but this time I didn’t. It’s been 2 days now without any nursing and he hasn’t noticed/asked for it at all. So that’s reassuring that this was his choice and he was ready for it. I genuinely thought we’d go much longer but my supply has tanked with this pregnancy/morning sickness and dehydration.