May 2021 Moms

Symptoms Thread 12/26

mimsermimser member
edited December 2020 in May 2021 Moms
What's up this week?

Re: Symptoms Thread 12/26

• yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited December 2020
    Swelling 😩 it starts with my feet and pelvis. It’s not bad yet, but pretty early for me to start swelling. 
    Pregnancy brain is in full effect.
    My lower back is killing me if I don’t take enough breaks. But I tend to be on my feet most of the day. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

mimser
  • I have a bad allergic skin reaction to Palmer’s cocoa butter (the cream version that comes in a tub). 🙄 I usually use all natural/organic toiletries but was going through so much belly rub that I figured I should just get a big tub of it. I used their “stretch mark” lotion in first tri and have used their lotion in the past with no problems. 

But whatever chemicals they’ve added to the cream is no bueno. I googled it and it seems a lot of pregnant women have had reactions to it. I stopped using it 3 days ago now and the rash has mostly gone away on my belly, but is still really unpleasant on my hips. 😭

Once it’s gone, I’ll try the pure cocoa butter blocks I have. It’s solid so it is more annoying to use, but I want to make sure I’m allergic/sensitive to the additives and not the actual cocoa butter. 

Anyone else experience this?
    mimser
  • Loading the player...
  • @ec1212 wow! I’ve also been using the stretch mark lotion just because I couldn’t find the little tubs, maybe I’ll stick with this 😬 If you have a colloidal oatmeal lotion that may help clear up the rash! 
    ec1212yellingbanana
  • @ckmb_1250 I just compared the ingredients and the stretch mark lotion version is free of sulfates, phthalates and mineral oil, whereas the cream in the tub lists mineral oil as ingredient #2 (and has all the other baddies). I’m usually a stickler for checking ingredients for what I put on/in my body but I’d never had a problem with their other products. So disappointing.

TBH, I don’t have super sensitive skin - I use “clean” products because I think fewer chemicals is healthier when it comes to stuff I use daily. But pregnant me is a little softie, I guess!
    ckmb_1250yellingbanana
  • I'm overreacting to everything. I hate this feeling.
    mimserec1212yellingbanana
  • So so tired. Where’s that 2nd tri energy?!
    mimserccmrc143yellingbanana
  • @gusgus14 for me it was a very short window that closed at 17 weeks it seems 🤷‍♀️
  • The heartburns are hitting. I had them Friday night before dinner, and then it hurt pretty badly after dinner. I seem to be getting them again tonight...
    yellingbanana
  • @mimser I get awful heartburn and reflux while pregnant and the chiropractor actually helps! 
    mimseryellingbanana
  • Anyone else’s leg hair stop growing?? This happened in my last pregnancy but I think it was later. One of my favorite pregnancy symptoms!😂 🙌🏻
    brynn_mamaof4
  • @ec1212 I've been using this body butter, as well as the elasticity serum https://littleseedfarm.com/collections/body/products/healing-body-butter-botanical-shea-butter. It's a bit spendy (I got the "expecting mama" gift set when it was on sale) but I've been using their deodorant and moisturizer for awhile now and love them!

I've been having really bad heartburn for a few weeks now, usually starting after lunchtime and continuing all night 😖 I've been avoiding tums but it's starting to get unbearable
    ec1212
  • @gusgus14 I feel like I had two weeks of energy and now nada

my back is killing me. Particularly lower left. I didn’t even have a challenging day today ugh
    Me: 29 | DH: 40 
    Married: June 2014 
    TW*
    TTC #1 Since: August 2019
    BFP#1: November 1, 2019 | EDD: July 11, 2020 | MMC: December 26, 2019
    BFP#2: September 15, 2020 | EDD: May 23, 2021
    yellingbanana
  • The bio oil has been really great for me and my skin I think! Supposed to be great for existing stretch marks and prevention. Luckily with my last pregnancies I never got stretch marks (just an X scar over my belly button where I had it pierced) but idk if that’s just me or using preventative oils every day 🤷🏼‍♀️ However just putting that recommendation out there - Bio Oil! 
    ec1212mimseryellingbanana
  • ok..is anyone having a CRAZY amount of discharge???
    19+2 here
    TW*
    mimserspartan4life
  • @asf0613 I had a ton the other morning and of course got worried that my water had broken 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @asf0613 yes I’ve been wearing panty liners every day for the past 6 weeks. My OB says it’s totally normal but it’s definitely a nuisance. 
  • @ccmrc143 yes I have been also! One for day one for night
    @ckmb_1250 omg! Did you ask doc about their opinion on how much would be concerning in regard to that?
    TW*
    yellingbanana
  • @asf0613 yes! So much! 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
    asf0613yellingbanana
  • @asf0613 no, my mind always goes to the worst possible scenario and it takes me a minute to realize that 🤷🏻‍♀️ If it were amniotic fluid it would continue leaking. 
    asf0613yellingbanana