September 2020 Moms
Options

Baby not sleeping at night time

Not sure if anyone's still on here, but hoping someone has tips to help!  My baby boy is almost 4 months now, and struggles to sleep thru the night especially.  At about 2 months he was doing 7-9 hour blocks at night which was amazing, but since 2.5 mos he's at about 4-5 hours on a good night.  He's not hungry when he wakes, just wants to be held, and will go back to sleep and stay asleep as long as I'm holding him, but as soon as I put him down he wakes and cries again.  This means I usually end up sleeping with him in the recliner- I'm a SAHM and my husband works so I do all the nights.  Baby will have long naps (2-3 hrs) in the day only if he's being held, otherwise they're about 20 minutes long.  I'm exhausted now, and everything seems so overwhelming.  I've tried  gentle-ease formula and dairy-free formula to see if he's maybe allergic to something but nothing's changed.  Overall he's a pretty happy baby, it's just sleeping that's an issue.  If anyone has tips on how to cope that would be such a help.  TIA!

Re: Baby not sleeping at night time

• Options
    @readytobemama are you swaddling still? I use the halo sleep sack and Ryan really likes that. 
    You could also check out the peaceful sleeper on Instagram she has some great tips on sleep training. Since the babies are about 4 months that’s when she suggests starting. 
    Maybe have hubby take a turn trying too. I know it sucks because he has to work but maybe just a change of what is becoming a routine for him will help
  • Options
    I found out at his 4 month check up that he's dropped 2 percentiles because he wasn't getting enough breastmilk, I guess my supply dropped too much.  So now he's exclusively getting bottles and sleeps 12 hour nights with a bottle in the middle and super long naps- like a different kid!  Amazing the transformation, poor baby was so hungry and I didn't realize which makes me guilty but I'm so glad he's getting enough now.  And I feel so much better too now that we're all able to sleep- amazing how sleep or lack of sleep can transform your life!