January 2021 Moms
Options

NST question

Some backstory: I ended up switching doctors mid pregnancy due to moving. I found a group that seemed really good and ended up having no problems up until my 36 week appointment. During my last few appointments I brought up a few concerns about my weight and was pretty much told that since all of my ultrasounds and tests have been fine, it's not much to worry about. I was told despite my weight I could gain 30lbs. Then all of a sudden I find out through reception and not a doctor that I am considered high risk due to my weight and require weekly NSTs. I found out very last minute and was very thrown. I went home thinking there was something more wrong with my pregnancy. I eventually found out through a nurse that there is nothing wrong with my pregnancy, they just do NSTs depending on BMI. I don't have GD, no high blood pressure, nothing wrong with fluids, good ultrasounds, I'm just overweight. I was wondering if anyone declined NSTs or have gotten them for bmi alone?

Answers

• Options
    I've had 3 NST due to my age and previous losses. And I'm going for weekly ones now (37 weeks). They are easy peasy, fairly common and it's nice to hear baby's heartbeat for 20 min. 
    (I've been a lurker this entire time so sorry if I haven't introduced myself but thought I'd jump in to add my info for you)