June 2021 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-in - 12/17

This check in is for the ladies who actively participated in the Trying to Get Pregnant Board for any length of time.

How far along are you?
Upcoming Appointments?
Cravings/Symptoms?
How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?
Questions? 

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in - 12/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 12w2d
    Upcoming Appointments? Jan 15th for early anatomy scan, then February 9th for another scan at the the MFM
    Cravings/Symptoms? Nothing too bad, mostly once someone gives me an idea I'll latch on it and crave that. That said, I'm always in the mood for some form of noodles. Symptoms also aren't too bad, just the occasional headache, stretching pains, and some lingering fatigue (but it's getting better)
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Mostly good, getting past the NIPT/NT was a massive relief. We've progressed to being cautiously happy/excited, but are still scared to be too hopeful (we learned last time that there really isn't a "safe" point). My husband is still waffling on when to tell his parents. 
    Questions? None right now
  • Options
    @akoros Glad the NIPT hurdle is past and you are able to feel cautiously happy now! 

How far along are you? 12+6 today
    Upcoming Appointments? Ultrasound on 1/8 and then anatomy scan sometime in Feb
    Cravings/Symptoms? My nausea is gone but has been replaced with killer tension headaches, not sure which is worse! My cravings have mostly subsided too and I am able to eat most things again, including veggies, which makes me happy.
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Rant: I actually had a really terrible day yesterday, within half an hour I learned that *TW - death/cancer* a colleague who I really love working with and is the sweetest lady had died suddenly and my cousin who isn't much older than me and has two young kids was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Rave: the one piece of good news I got was that baby passed the NIPT with flying colors and is indeed a boy (now confirmed by embryo genetic testing, ultrasound, and NIPT, so feeling pretty confident in it lol). I also had a really good review at work on Tuesday so feeling good about that and happy to be a little slow right now to enjoy the holidays. 
    Questions? NATM
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @akoros yay for starting to feel excited!! I told my dad last week (from previous posts I think our relationships/supports from parents are flipped, and my dad/stepmom are like your H's parents). Gave him the WHOLE story and he was pretty overwhelmed. He's been reaching out a lot since which has been pleasantly surprising. GL to your H when he tells! 
    @legallykate I'm so sorry to hear about your colleague and your cousin. That is one of my biggest fears as a parent to young children. Fx for a good prognosis and easy access to the care needed. Glad your NIPT came back and all is good!

How far along are you? 12+2 (!!!!)
    Upcoming Appointments? NT at MFM on 12/23. I also see the rheumatologist Saturday to go over the results from last week's testing.
    Cravings/Symptoms? #1 craving = cheese hoagies from Wawa. Completely skeeved by meat. Nights are still tough with naseua and exhaustion, but the exhaustion is starting to push back later (5 to 7) so I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to bedtime soon. 
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? We got a foot of snow overnight so everything looks pretty with the fresh snow today. I usually am the shoveler in our house (I love it) but obviously am not doing it this time. DH is so grumpy about it. Rant: I have a full day of virtual school today and my principal sent out a notice this morning that we have a 30 minute staff meeting after school! Wtf. So I probably won't get outside with my kids until it starts to get dark tonight.
    Questions? Natm
  • Options
    @akoros glad you’ve made it past those hurdles and are starting to feel cautiously excited! We still haven’t told our parents, yet. Not sure when we’re planning to, honestly. 

@legallykate glad your NIPT came back clear and congrats on a boy! So sorry about your colleague and cousin. 

@_orchid_ good luck with a long day today! Hope your staff meeting gets out early and you can enjoy some snow time :)

How far along are you? 15+6
    Upcoming Appointments? Had one this morning - next won’t be until January

Cravings/Symptoms? Less nauseous and getting some energy back, yay! Craving white grape juice - makes a huge difference in the morning. 

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?
    Last work day before winter break and I’m excited! Also having a hard time focusing, lol. My next appointment is the anatomy scan and a virtual visit with the midwives. They have me on the list for a Doppler and blood pressure cuff to bring home so I can do more virtual appointments going forward. Cool! 

Questions? NATM
  • Options
    How far along are you? 14+3 
    Upcoming Appointments? Monday coming up(21st) I have my 15 week ultrasound to check the length of my cervix. Im hoping for a long cervix otherwise i will need to be stitched shut 😟 
    Cravings/Symptoms? My cravings have been hit and miss. Its not really one thing  its all over the map. Lately its been perogies and sour cream or cottage cheese with salsa. I've been having alot of growing/stretching pains in my abdomen, bloat, back pain, gas, tender boobs and some slight nausea at night. 
    How are you doing? Im doing alright, plugging along. Trying to exercise more with the extra bit of energy I feel and drink lots of water. 
    Rants/Raves/Randoms? I just had my nails done tonight all cute and Christmasy 😁 Im also happy and looking forward to a week off work during Christmas time. I need the break to just lay around and be lazy on the couch lol 
    Were finally telling DH parents/family and mine too. We got a present and surprise all planned out for Christmas. Im so exited to finally tell them but also equally nervous as its permanent and I cant take it back is something bad goes wrong. I have a long way to go yet and so many things can go wrong along the way but trying to stay hopeful and positive this pregnancy will work out. 
    Questions? None

@legallykate im so sorry for your loss of your good colleague and your cousins cancer. Thats so sad and scary :( I hope she will kick ass and fight it.

@halfanewt enjoy your time off over winter break. yay! 

@akoros I'm so glad that both of us got past our NIPT milestone. Yay for us. So far so good girl. I know the feeling about being cautiously excited/happy. I try to take one day at a time.

@_orchid_ GL on the 23rd for your NT. Hope all is well. 
  • Options
    @akoros I'm so glad you've been able to move forward with a little less anxiety post-NIPT results. Take your time telling people! Sending you lots of love.
    @legallykate I hope the headaches let up soon!!! So glad you've made it past the NIPT hurdle as well!
    @_orchid_ I'm so thankful we don't have snow yet but MH is looking for a snow thrower so neither of us have to shovel this year. Hopefully you got some good snow time in over the weekend! Keep us posted on Wednesday with your NT scan!
    @halfanewt I'm glad your nausea is settling down some! I hope you enjoy your winter break!!
    @mindyb2019 Keep us posted today with your ultrasound! Fingers crossed HARD for good news! I hope you have a lovely Christmas week!

How far along are you? 13+2
    Upcoming Appointments? Ob appointment 12/30, MFM 1/7
    Cravings/Symptoms? My nausea SEEMS to maybe be getting better but I'm not holding my breath. My pelvis pain is not fabulous at this point though.
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? I spent the weekend doing a LOT of self-care because my therapist was borderline angry with my lack of regular self-care routine. I took a social media break and spent time with my quarantine bubble which was MUCH needed. After hitting second tri and getting my NIPT results back things are finally calming down and I'm looking forward to future milestones more.
    Questions? NATM

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes