June 2021 Moms

FTM Check-in 12/7

How far along are you?

How are you feeling symptoms-wise?

Rants/Raves:

Questions for STMs?:

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkill. 

Re: FTM Check-in 12/7

• It's so quiet in here today! I'm not a consistent poster, but I'll start :smile:

How far along are you? 14w today

How are you feeling symptoms-wise? I'm actually feeling okay! The nausea/puking has been terrible since 5 and a half weeks, so I'm totally over it! I did throw up this morning (typical) but have been feeling pretty normal since then!

Rants/Raves: I bought Sea Bandz from Amazon. I started wearing them on Friday and I think they may actually be working.....? Loving it so far!

Questions for STMs?: None today

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkill. I'd rather stay home. I love being in my own home on Christmas morning. We live in a different state from the rest of our family so we travel every other year.

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • How far along are you? 10+6

How are you feeling symptoms-wise? Mostly good, last week was a little rough but doing better so far 

Rants/Raves: Got our Christmas tree and it's next to my desk, which makes me happy

Questions for STMs?: None right now

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Stay home, since usually we travel to either my parents' or my in-laws' house. Neither live particularly far, but it's kind of nice the few times we've stayed local. In normal times the city empties out on holidays so it's a great time to check out all the restaurants or bars that are usually too crowded for our liking. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 14+1  

How are you feeling symptoms-wise?  Good for the most part, still getting tired easy

Rants/Raves: My hips are getting really sore while I sleep, going to start using  pregnancy pillow and see if that helps.

Questions for STMs?:  NATM

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkill. Oh, stay home!  So much less stress.  My family is mostly local so I always end up driving all over the state since my parents are divorced to get to both their houses.  Its sort of kills the fun of it when you spend more time driving than celebrating.
  • How far along are you? 13w6d

How are you feeling symptoms-wise? Mostly good. Nauseas actually been a little worse lately but hoping it ends soon. 

Rants/Raves: New symptom - leg cramps! I was laying on my left side w a pile of pillows between my knees, and the top leg just started contorting! I tried to relax my muscles, I tried to rub my leg, but it was very painful! I had to get up and try to walk around. I hope this is not what I have to look forward to for the next 6 months.

Questions for STMs?: natm

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel?
    I grew up in NYS and now live in Florida,  so I miss snow. Mom and dad are both still there, and we're currently childless, so travelling is doable and I really can't wait to go "home" for Christmas. 
  • @ellieemc26 My cousin has that same problem, and then she got married and had to deal with adding her in-laws on top of it. There were a couple of years where they did 2 stops on Christmas Eve (his family and my parents' house since my grandmother lived there and we hosted) and then 2 on Christmas Day (her mother and then her father). Adding to the fun, his family would periodically have their events at a cousin's house almost two hours away. It was exhausting. After that my mom had a talk with her and said that we wouldn't be offended if they started skipping our house to give them a break.
  • @akoros now that's bad!  We haven't combined visiting families yet, his just live too far away fortunately but I do think this year could get tricky as I suspect he will want to invite his mom to visit us but she also refuses to go to anyone else's house.  Its beyond me as to why, but she certainly won't agree to go to my mom's with us which will undoubtedly just start drama!  Ah well, its half of what the holidays is about right?  lol
  • How far along are you? 14+2

How are you feeling symptoms-wise? Bloated and my body is sore, but I feel good otherwise.

Rants/Raves: I'm very picky with pants and I'm finding it hard to find maternity pants in-store especially since Thyme Maternity closed down and Walmart/Old Navy have pushed all their mat stock to online. I can't live in sweatpants all the time  :D

Questions for STMs?: None at the moment.

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? I'm a homebody so I love to stay home, especially when it's cold outside. The only travelling we do during the holidays is going to someone else's home haha
  • How far along are you? 12+5

How are you feeling symptoms-wise? Surprisingly okay recently. nice change from the constant nausea and vomiting I had since week 8 (:

Rants/Raves: I’m trying not to be jealous of all the people who know what they are having but reading the here for the sex page makes me wanna know mine ASAP haha 

Questions for STMs?: not at the moment

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkill. I grew up in Iowa and currently living in North Carolina but I would definitely rather travel home (which we are) I miss my family so much (: