June 2021 Moms
Options

STM Check-in 12/7

How far along are you?

How many kids do you already have? Ages?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkill. 

Re: STM Check-in 12/7

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 14+5 (anyone else have to check this every time? My first I always knew, my second I had a pretty good idea, this one I have no idea ever)

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2. My oldest is 4 abs my youngest turned 2 last week! 

Rants/Raves: we had DD birthday party on Sunday and it went so well! We’re extremely lucky to be in an area not overly effected by covid so we had 3 of our closest friends and their kids over plus my mom. She had the best time!! 

My rant is we had a second viewing on our house tonight. I get it could take months to sell but what a pain having to keep the house staged with 2 toddlers. I hope it goes soon  

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkill. Home. With young kids I love being in our home for Christmas. When they’re older we want to do a year or two where we spend Christmas on a cruise or resort or Disney or something. I love warm weather. 
  • Options
    @angelz429 I’m with you on not being into the cold. It’s like 60 degrees here in SoCal and I’m decked out in cold weather clothes lol. 

@AKuzReve it’s so hard to see other people enjoying the holidays elsewhere 😭

@hollyk224 Hope your NIPT is quick! Mine took 5 business days. 

@kristah2 happy birthday to your DD! So glad you all were able to celebrate!

How far along are you?

11 weeks 

How many kids do you already have? Ages?

15 month old DS

Rants/Raves:

I had a killer migraine all weekend and finally took an excedrin this morning and feel 100 million times better. Wish I had done it sooner!!

I feel like I’m already showing this time and it took me until like 20 weeks to show last pregnancy 

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkill. 

I love going back to my hometown on the East Coast. I’ve traveled before over the end of the year and it just never feels right unless I’m back in my hometown. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 13+3

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One son who is 4!

Rants/Raves: My son is so so sick. It's awful. Ugh I'm a ball of nerves about it right now.

Rave. None lol I'm struggling hard this week

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkil
    Stay home!!!! Our entire families are here and I love it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ruemcclanahan Aw! I’m sorry your little one is still sick! Hope he turns a corner soon. 
  • Options
    @ruemcclanahan sorry your little guy is still sick! I hope he starts feeling better soon. 

How far along are you? 14+6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 - 2yo

Rants/Raves: I hate how covid has changed so much, but I love that it has slowed our life down a little and the holiday chaos is slightly less chaotic. 

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkill.  We have a rule that we always wake up in our own home on Christmas morning. Now that we have a child we also do not leave our house on Christmas morning. If anyone wants to come to us and see what DD got for Christmas they are welcome, but we will not pack her up and make her leave her new things to go sit with adults on Christmas. In years past we traveled to see my family in TX two weeks before Christmas and would see everyone out there. That didn’t happen the first two Christmas with DD for various reasons and this was supposed to be our first year doing it again so I am sad about that. 

• Options

How far along are you? 14+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 yo

Rants/Raves: feeling like I missed my window to do things like get a haircut or a massage with how much cases are rising. My neck/shoulder would really like a massage right now! 

I’m in the 2 week countdown to winter break! 

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkill. Stay home! DH and I both worked in the service industry for many years before switching careers, so traveling for holidays wasn’t really a thing. Now it’s just become the norm where we host Thanksgiving (but not this year) and have a quiet Christmas. I love it! 
  • Options
    @AKuzReve I'm feeling jealous of people doing holiday stuff too. It's hard seeing other people celebrating with family on social media when my area is blowing up again with covid and we're not seeing anyone. Do you get snowy winters where you are? 
    @kristah2 I never know how far I am. GL with the showing. We listed our house last year but had 3 offers fall through and I just couldn't do any more showings with 2 little boys in the house. Literally one day we were leaving before a showing and ds2, with shoes and jacket on, went over and flipped the toy box upside down. Instant heart attack lol. 
    @mc0303 yay that your headache is gone! 
    @ruemcclanahan I'm sorry this week has been so tough. I really hope DS is feeling better soon!!
  • Options
    _orchid__orchid_ member
    edited December 2020
    How far along are you? 11w
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2ds - 7 and almost 4
    Rants/Raves: struggling a bit with DS1 right now. He's been doing school from home since March and really struggles with not getting a ton of personal time with his teachers. He is very, very bright and it's difficult to keep up with his mental and emotional needs between just DH and I- usually he gets a lot from the other adults in his life at school and family. 1st trimester exhaustion and crankiness hasn't helped, and it's been very cold in our area for outside playdates. I've been trying to set up video calls every day for him after school with his friends and family members which has helped, but just means he's in front of the screen more. I have him doing a virtual lego club, boy scouts, he goes online and on skype to play games with his grandfathers, and he was on a video call with his bff for 3 hours yesterday just hanging out. I really cannot wait until we are back to a safe normal. Any other parents of bigger kids that can commiserate?
    GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkill. We always wake up at our house, and then go to DHs parents for lunch/dinner. Their house is only a few blocks away and two of my BIL's families go too so it's fun cousin time. My ILs have been at their winter home across the country since January so that's out this year. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 12 or 13 weeks somewhere in there 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2; almost 2 and 3.5/// almost 2 is the same age that 3.5 was when he had 2 and it’s blowing my mind!! 

Rant: I am so tired and lazy. I have 2 small kids being lazy is not really an option but here we are sitting on the couch on The Bump not cleaning the kitchen 

Rave: My husband is so sweet to me when I’m pregnant. He really picks up my slack and never complains. 

GTKY: Stay home! I am not interested in traveling for Christmas. I would maybe take a vacation to a snowy destination but I’d rather do it right after Christmas and only when the kids are older. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I took him to the doctor they wanted to test him for covid yesterday but I declined 😭 the doctor was like we are testing every kid that walks through the door basically.
    We talked and he was like if he has a fever past Wednesday bring him back but it could just be a cold.
    but probably more than likely taking him in today or tomorrow bc his fever is still like 102-103.
    It was 98 this morning and I was so happy but then it spiked back up to 103.
    I gave him motrin and now it's 101 but like ugh I hate this so so much.

I declined bc like half of my family was just tested and everyone is negative and he literally hasn't been outside of our house since November 18th. I just didn't want to put him through that for nothing bc it was so so hard for him over the summer (and me if I'm being honest)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 12+1

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is 1.5

Rants/Raves: Rants- DD has been so cranky lately. I’m pretty sure all 4 canines are coming in right now (definitely the top 2). Raves- we have to move some rooms around to make the office a nursery for the new baby (or maybe move DD to the new room) so we have been organizing and throwing so much stuff out, it’s been great. 

Stay home. Both our parents live in the same town as us. We do Christmas Eve at my mom’s and Christmas Day (late morning/early afternoon) at the IL’s. We do our presents to each other and DD either Christmas Eve day or Christmas morning or whenever we can fit it in (DH and I are both in health care so schedules vary). This year we will not be doing anything because of covid, except zoom.

@kristah2 I hope your house sells quickly!

@mc0303 I already feel like I’m showing too, my tops are getting a little tight.

@klj0228 I also love the holidays will be way less chaotic this year. Thanksgiving was so nice to just stay home in our pajamas, watch tv, and cook a small thanksgiving dinner. Christmas will be just the same. We will zoom with family but that’s about it.

@Omie_Wise I feel so tired and lazy too, it’s so hard with a toddler.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    @_orchid_, no, it is just rainy. But it's been SUPER cold this winter and it's never usually this cold, especially this early. Doesn't bode well. Today was freezing fog. What in the world is freezing fog?! 

@ruemcclanahan, I hope your DS feels better. Sick babies are so tough! 

@MelissaMay82, my DS is also getting his canines and they suck. So tons of sympathy to you! 

@Omie_Wise, I feel the same but like you said, with a toddler, being lazy isn't an option. I try hard though! 

@_orchid_, that sounds so tough. I really commend any parent doing virtual schooling. It must be so challenging for everyone involved. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @ruemcclanahan Poor kid.  I hope he's feeling better soon.  I hate when DS has a fever.  It breaks my heart.  
    @hollyk224 My NIPT took exactly 1 week to come back so hopefully yours is quick too.  They told me it would take 10-20 days!
    @kristah2 Happy Birthday DD!  I'm glad you were able to celebrate.
    @_orchid_ I feel for you and DS.  This is so hard on all the kids and the home learning is just not enough.  

How far along are you? 11+4 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS is 2

Rants/Raves: Rave 1: It's a girl!  I'm in shock.  Rave 2: We moved out to Nantucket (it's a tiny island off of Cape Cod) for a couple of weeks for a change of scenery.  It's very quiet out here the house is big so we can spread out a little.  

Rant: (very minimal rant) I had this idea to take a picture of DS with a It's a Girl balloon to share with family but helium balloons are illegal on the island so now I have to get crafty.  

Our families are in CT which is just a short drive from Boston so we go every year.  We usually also see friends and extended family but this year we will just see my parents and then hopefully do an outdoor activity with my in-laws and DS's cousins.  It might be nice to stay home and once baby girl is here maybe I will argue for that but I just love being with family.  

History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 I love Nantucket so much! We go there a couple times a year. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could afford it lol. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 14+3

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS, 4 today 😭

Rants/Raves: so excited to celebrate DS' birthday. I can't because he is 4. 

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? Obvs if Covid weren’t such a buzzkill. Since we moved to NC in 2013, we have not attended any holidays back in our home state. We used to go to my sister's, aunt's, other aunt's, in laws, Christmas Eve party at a cousin's. Basically we spent two to three days in the car and hated the holidays. So happy to be home and not go anywhere. 
  • Options
    @tilournextadventure happy birthday to DS! Today is my birthday too! I always liked having it at this time of year, I hope he enjoys it too!
    @laurad75 that is great that you guys are able to get out there for a few weeks!
    @AKuzReve freezing fog?! Sounds like stay inside weather lol. @MelissaMay82 good luck to you both with teeth!! 
  • Options
    @_orchid_ happy birthday!

• Options
    @MelissaMay82 thank you!! Hoping I can handle eating cake later lol
  • Options
    @_orchid_ happy birthday to you!! 🎉🎉 
  • Options
    @_orchid_ happy birthday!!!!🎂🎈🎉 
  • Options
    @_orchid_ happy birthday!!!!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @_orchid_ happy birthday!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @_orchid_!
    @ruemcclanahan So glad he is feeling better!
    @MelissaMay82 I love it here too.  We are co-owners of a rental property right by Cisco Brewery so we stay here in the off-season when we can.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 that is amazing! I miss the island so much! We try to go in may and October. Usually in may we stay in town, we love the union street inn but they don’t allow children under 12 so we will have to find a new place. In October we rent a house over by Wauwinet off of Squam rd. 

• Options

How far along are you? 13+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is 2.5

Raves: DD has hit an age she can be trusted to put ornaments on the Christmas tree! She was very helpful in putting the tree up this year  

Rant: first time around I was able to do a group pre-natal care for weeks 16-37 called Centering. I really miss seeing other pregnant couples in person this time around. It felt so reassuring to hear similar concerns coming from other people (and selfishly, I really wanted to swagger around with my hard-earned “STM chill-ness”)

GTKY: Would you rather stay near home for the holidays or travel? We host DH’s family and go visit my parents nearby. I know I appreciated a peaceful Thanksgiving this year. But I’ll be sad to not see people in person this year. 

@ti@tilournextadventure my brother is around 4 years older and I definitely appreciate that age gap now as an adult. It’s been a good last 10 years of siblingdom :)
  • Options
    @llamamamawearspajamapants yay! Thank you. I was a bit concerned about the age gap. I'm glad you enjoy it, now at least.