1st Trimester
Options

Just found out I’m pregnant after I thought it wouldn’t happen and wasn’t trying

So I had my iud out about 5 weeks ago. I was in the hospital for an infection from it. I bled for weeks during the infection and 2 weeks after I got it out. Obgyn said it’s probably because my body was getting used to making its own progesterone. I stopped bleeding for a couple days and then it started again nov 13, so I’m guessing maybe that was my period? I don’t know. My SO and I used withdrawal but had a lot of sex with that. I started having symptoms last Monday and took a test Friday with a really faint positive. Symptoms are stronger, but my test is still really faint and just a little darker. It worries me because my sons’ tests were dark immediately. I had undiagnosed GD with those pregnancies and I eat much healthier now, so I don’t know if I would have it this time around. Plus I’m with someone else new so maybe it being a new father affects it? Should I be worried? I have an appointment tomorrow with my obgyn to confirm it. Anyone been through something similar? No spotting and symptoms are still strong. 

Re: Just found out I’m pregnant after I thought it wouldn’t happen and wasn’t trying

• Options
    harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited December 2020
    Rach43084 said:
    So I had my iud out about 5 weeks ago. I was in the hospital for an infection from it. I bled for weeks during the infection and 2 weeks after I got it out. Obgyn said it’s probably because my body was getting used to making its own progesterone. I stopped bleeding for a couple days and then it started again nov 13, so I’m guessing maybe that was my period? I don’t know. My SO and I used withdrawal but had a lot of sex with that. I started having symptoms last Monday and took a test Friday with a really faint positive. Symptoms are stronger, but my test is still really faint and just a little darker. It worries me because my sons’ tests were dark immediately. I had undiagnosed GD with those pregnancies and I eat much healthier now, so I don’t know if I would have it this time around. Plus I’m with someone else new so maybe it being a new father affects it? Should I be worried? I have an appointment tomorrow with my obgyn to confirm it. Anyone been through something similar? No spotting and symptoms are still strong. 
    Withdrawing is not protection.  You had sex after your IUD was taken out.  Withdrawal is not protection - so yes, its possible to be pregnant.  

See what your doc says at your appointment.  

• Options
    It may be the type of tests you are using if they are not getting a lot darker. But any type of darker is a good sign! Congratulations! I would say call the doc and make an appointment. But try not to worry yourself. I can relate about the worry though!