June 2021 Moms

High-risk check-in 12/3

This thread is for anyone who is high-risk.

How far along are you?
Why are you high risk?
Any additional monitoring or testing this week?
Any concerns/news currently?
How are you coping being high risk?
Any questions?

Also, should we make this a monthly thread instead of a weekly one as it's listed in the board organization? 

Re: High-risk check-in 12/3

• How far along are you? 11 weeks today
    Why are you high risk? AMA, RPL, Factor V Leiden
    Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Not this week, but last week had my blood taken for the NIPT and am going to the MFM next week for my NT scan. After the scan I also have a telemed follow-up with my normal OB to go over all the results
    Any concerns/news currently? Not really. I asked if my cervix will be a concern since I've had two D&Cs in the past year, but she said it shouldn't be a problem (will also ask the MFM for a second opinion). She also mentioned that I'll have some extra screening later on due to my age (a geriatric 35!) but didn't get into details.
    How are you coping being high risk? Ok? I've been AMA from the get-go, since I was 34 with my first pregnancy, so I don't really know any different
    Any questions? None right now

I'm fine with this being monthly, rather than weekly
  • _orchid__orchid_ member
    edited December 2020
    @akoros fx you get your NIPT results back and they are all low risk, and that your cervix is fine. Will the MFM go over the results with you as well or do you have to wait until you have your telehealth with your ob?

How far along are you? 11+1
    Why are you high risk? Ama, RPL, hypothyroidism, blood clotting disorder, possibly an autoimmune issue? Also a leep 12 years ago but I had no cervix issues in my 2 full term pregnancies so unlikely this time. 
    Any additional monitoring or testing this month? I see my ob tomorrow for nipt draw, and meet with the rheumatologist tomorrow for an autoimmune consult? No idea what to expect. Also see the hematologist next week so she can check if the bloid thinner is doing what it needs to do. 
    Any concerns/news currently? I did lovenox shot #20 last night and feel like I'm getting the hang of them! My stomach has bruises all over it but no other issues thankfully!!
    How are you coping being high risk? I've also always been bc my thyroid and leep, but the new issues this time are throwing me for a loop. Struggling a bit about when to tell my other kids bc idk if I could handle un-telling if the worst happened. 
    Any questions?

I'm going to edit this to make it the month of December... Sike I don't think I can edit the original post now. Oh well!
  • Loading the player...
  • @_orchid_ I'm not sure, it'll probably depend on whether the NIPT results are back in time and I or the MFM have access to them. My OB seemed to think that they won't have it, which is why she wanted to schedule a telehealth appointment so that she could review the blood results and the scan together. Last time they pushed the NIPT results to me on the patient portal, so if they do that I could probably bring them to the MFM with me.
  • @akoros gotcha. I hope you'll get some feedback from the MFM even if you don't have the NIPT results. It's anxiety inducing enough to be there, let alone with having no idea how they're interpreting what they're seeing. Have you been to that MFM before and know how they operate? At mine, the whole scan is done by a tech who doesn't really say anything. Then they leave the room, tell the Dr what they saw, and the Dr comes in to confirm and discuss the results. I always feel like my heart is galloping in the time between the tech leaves and the Dr comes in, so I'm hoping you don't have too long of a wait before hearing the GREAT news you're going to get ❤️
  • Hi! Haven’t checked in here yet...

How far along are you? 12+3
    Why are you high risk? AMA, previous preterm birth
    Any additional monitoring or testing this week? NT looked good yesterday, back at clinic today for by NIPT blood draw. 
    Any concerns/news currently? No
    How are you coping being high risk? Anxious before each scan/test. Huge relief when things come back normal thus far. Not looking forward to regular cervix length checks and progesterone injections weekly starting at 16 weeks 😭
    Any questions? Natm

Also, should we make this a monthly thread instead of a weekly one as it's listed in the board organization? Fine by me. 
  • @_orchid_ I have, I went to them during my first pregnancy when my OB found an abnormal NT measurement for genetic counseling and a CVS. I also spoke to them when I lost my second pregnancy to go over the results of the karyotype and RPL testing. The genetic counselor will be different this time, as their normal counselor is on maternity leave herself, but the doctor will be the same. I remember it being a good experience (well, as good as such a horrifying experience can be), but unsure if the doctor will come in during the scan or wait until after the tech finishes. After the scan there will be a virtual meeting with the genetic counselor, I think they set up an iPad somewhere.
  • @akoros ok good, so just knowing their procedure and what to expect will hopefully help. I'm glad you're going to be with a Dr you felt good about in the past ❤️ I really hope after next week you're able to relax and enjoy a bit, although I know how that is with PGAL. 

@angelz429 welcome! Glad your NT went well and fx your NIPT goes well and you don't have to wait too long for results!!
  • How far along are you? 13+5

Why are you high risk?
    History of miscarriage, hypothyroid.

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?
    Just had my appointment with the MfM about my NIPT showing high risk of T21 (downsyndrome)
    Thankfully the doctor isn't worried and said I'm 1:274 so I'm feeling much better

Any concerns/news currently?
    I'm excited to find out the gender! 7-10 days!

How are you coping being high risk?
    I'm always anxious that I'm going to lose the pregnancy or something will go wrong but I have faith in my team of doctors that we will both make it through

Any questions?
    Natm

a monthly thread Is fine with me!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @_orchid_ I'm sorry to hear you have that condition and going through a complicated pregnancy. Praying for your and baby's health!

How far along are you? 15w4d

Why are you high risk? AMA (38, 39 when it's born and it will be my first), hypothyroidism, had twins in this pregnancy but lost one

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?  I did my labs yesterday for MSAFP. This tests for spinal abnormalities. Waiting for results. Also still monitoring thyroid regularly and tweaking dosage.

Any concerns/news currently? I feel very blessed that even with the miscarriage, I haven't had any bleeding so far.

How are you coping being high risk? Im emotionally numb. My mind has disconnected itself from this. I was so sure both twins would be fine and now I dont know what to believe. Trying to stay positive.

Any questions? NATM

Monthly thread fine with me.