Bitchfest 12.2.2020

Drop your complaints here ๐Ÿ‘‡
BabyFetus Ticker
Married: 12-04-06ย 
Annabelle: 1-1-08
Patrick: 8-15-10
EDD: 4-20-17

Re: Bitchfest 12.2.2020

• my RE wanted me to get an ultrasound around 10 weeks (which I will be tomorrow) because of *tw* a missed miscarriage around 10 weeks earlier this year. Well, since I've "graduated" from the RE and my appointment to physically see my OB isn't until a week from tomorrow (exactly 11 weeks). The OB's office can't order an ultrasound until I've been seen as a patient. WTF. I am freaking out over here and don't know how much longer I can wait.. arggg
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @karacc18 Iโ€™m in a similar situation, I messaged my OB today seeing if I could have a physical appt instead of virtual at 8 weeks (Iโ€™m 6 weeks today) and without much of an explanation I got a big fat NO. So my first appt isnโ€™t until mid-January and Iโ€™ll be 12+ a couple days at that time. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„ Iโ€™m going to go crazy before then, itโ€™s over a month away. Iโ€™m 30 years old and still working on my patience skills. Add that to anxiety of thinking anything and everything will go wrong and well, itโ€™s going to be another LONG 6 weeks for meย 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jessd0117 Ugh it sucks. I have the same feelings of anxiety all the time too. I was debating getting a doppler to try and use this week but the rational part of my brain is telling me not to in case I am not experienced enough to find it on my own and then work myself into a panic. I'm hoping when I go in at 11 weeks he will find the heartbeat on doppler and/or give me an ultrasound at the office. I'm sorry you have to wait another 6 weeks. It's truly agonizing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate all of these late appointments. I still have 3.5 weeks until my first appointment, and generally my OB doesnโ€™t do US in their office. I highly doubt I will have any sort of US until the a/s at 20 weeks! Seems so so crazy to me! Both of my other pregnancies, I had scans at around 8 weeks for dating purposes.ย 
  • I'm amazed at these late appointments! My dating scan is tomorrow at 7+3. I can't imagine waiting another month+!

DH's birthday is in January so I ordered his present on Black Friday. It was delivered today, with a lovely name and giant picture right on the delivery boxย  :|
  • I had my first u/s at 8 weeks my last pregnancy, but tomorrow Iโ€™m 8 weeks and itโ€™s just my intake appt. ย I have no idea when my first scan will be and Iโ€™m anxious as all hell. ย Just know Iโ€™m thinking of you ladies!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Feeling for you ladies with late appointments! My last pregnancy I wasn't offered any scan at all until the NT scan...no bloodwork even....like my family doctor just took my word for it that I was pregnancy and didn't confirm it at all until I was referred to the maternity clinic at 12 weeks.ย  This pregnancy she booked me in for a dating scan right away (it is on Friday)... what a weird practice shift but definitely not complaining.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • to be fair, I am complaining about not being able to get my check in ultrasound at 10 weeks, but I did get a dating/viability scan at 7 weeks and saw the heartbeat.ย 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cammie0526 I HATE THAT! I have had multiple gifts come in for the kids with pictures on the box and I freak the eff out when I pull in the driveway and see it and pray the kids don't notice it.ย 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So my intake appt today was already rescheduled from Tuesday, right? ย I get to my appointment today, get checked in, and they immediately come to tell me the midwife got called upstairs to deliver again. ย Theyโ€™ll squeeze me in with one of the doctors, though. ย He and his nurse were nice, but he told me this should have been a phone appointment since Iโ€™ve delivered with them before so it felt a little rushed. ย He sends me to the lab for bloodwork, but the order didnโ€™t go through fast enough so I had to walk back down to the OB office to get a paper copy. ย He did say I *should* get a call this afternoon and if my HcG levels are where theyโ€™re supposed to be theyโ€™ll schedule my dating u/s. ย Weโ€™ll see if I get a call. ย I know a lot of first world problems here, but Iโ€™m annoyed and dearly miss the midwife I loved who left the practice. ย My appointments this week were at the office in the hospital (25 minutes from home) but they have an office in my town. ย I think Iโ€™ll ask to be seen there from now on.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sooo.. I mentioned that I had to remove our trash can from the house last week. I forgot to mention this earlier, but a few days ago I made my husband (okay, I didnโ€™t MAKE him) clean the can out and he said the smell was coming from TURKEY JUICE from thanksgiving. I swear we are not dirty people, but Iโ€™ve been avoiding trash cans and apparently he couldnโ€™t smell it until he stuck his head in there. Plus the inside of the can is black so you canโ€™t really see clear liquids easily. I could puke just thinking about it ๐Ÿคข but problem solvedย 
  • @jessd0117, ewwwwwww! ย Iโ€™m glad your husband took care of it so you didnโ€™t have to deal with it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @jessd0117 ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข thatโ€™s nasty!
    @Beckyf321 sorry you had such a bad experience!! Hope your next appointments are better!

afm: ย DS refused to eat chicken strips and French fries last night.... instead demanding one mandarin orange for dinner... dude!! Iโ€™m unsure how to process your displeasure for foods that I went gaga for as a kid!!!!ย 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, they actually did call me back yesterday afternoon and my HcG levels are right where they need to be. ย I feel so much less anxiety now. โค๏ธ
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • daisy528daisy528 member
    edited December 2020
    So DH works in grocery retail. Earlier this week, his company made a bunch of employee transfers including a few from his store. Currently, his boss and one of the managers below him are on vacation for the week. Well, in the transfers they moved his only other head manager who wasnโ€™t on vacation to another store, leaving JUST him at his store for the week. This has totally blown up his work schedule. He worked a full weekend last weekend, and was slated to have this weekend off. Youย guessed it - now he is working the whole weekend. Iโ€™ve been feeling at my absolute WORST this week with constant nausea/exhaustion/puking, and my two kids have been driving me crazy with the amount of energy they have. Add to all this we had a bunch of Christmas-y activities/plans we were going to do, and now those are all pushed off.ย So my BF is at DHโ€™s employer. Thanks for ruining my weekend.ย 
  • We went to my parentsโ€™ storage unit (aka their friendโ€™s garage) to collect our Christmas trees only to find out both of them had a rats nest in it. My 4 year old is now distraught because we had to throw it away. Iโ€™m so grossed out and also obviously very sad. One of the trees had fiber optics running through it so it changed color and Iโ€™ve had it for over 15 years. We bought another one from Amazon but it wonโ€™t be here until Fridayย 
  • @marikkita12 thatโ€™s such a bummer!! We got one of these things as a gift a couple years ago and our daughter is obsessed. It plugs into the wall and then your tree plugs into it and it flashes the tree lights while it plays Christmas tunes. Itโ€™s a little pricey but super cute/fun!

https://www.ornamentmall.com/2018-Musical-Tree-Lighting-Snowman_p_25288.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlpTi7ba37QIVb1XVCh2E_w3MEAQYAiABEgK4b_D_BwE

• So annoyed!!ย  I guess due to COVID all the labs in my area are booking far into late January - so I couldn't find an appointment anywhere in the city for between December 26 and January 3 for my First Trimester Combined Screen bloodwork!! Anyway, I figured I could call the booking number and they could get me an appointment somewhere, I mean SURELY they would be setting aside appointments for people who had to get bloods done during a certain time period right? WRONG!ย  Now, I have to go to the ONLY walk-in only lab in the city and sit and freaking wait for LIKELY HOURS with a BUNCH of people to get this done.... Like COVID restrictions right now are so strict you can't even get a walk-in haircut.... so don't really know how they think this is fine.ย  BLAH.ย ย 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • UGH. That's so wrong. Bring all the PPE!!!ย  :s