May 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/30

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/30

• Options
    I know I haven't been that active recently, I've been dealing with a cold from hell, I keep thinking I'm getting better, and then wham, I'm out of commission again. (We're 99% sure it's just a cold because the mother we nanny share with also caught it, and she had to get covid tested for work and was negative.)
    My nanny is amazing, and came in on Thanksgiving, so I spent Thursday and Friday in bed. Starting to feel like a human again, even though the weekend was tough. Now I need to figure out how I'm going to catch up at work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrosek91 oof. That stinks. Glad you are feeling better! My family always makes a strong herbal tea with honey and lemon for colds.... actually for everything. 

@texas_t this was the first weekend that I really missed having a drink! But it’ll plague me for the rest of pregnancy. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @mrosek91 Oh no, I'm so sorry! My husband got a cold a few weeks ago and still has a residual cough.  Somehow, none of us caught it from him, thank God.  Be pregnant and sick is the worst :(  Feel better soon!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mrosek91 gah hope you feel better soon! but sounds like you got to rest a little which is nice.
    i really missed having a glass of wine this weekend, for the first time this whole pregnancy! new new thing has been virgin bloody mary's though, even though i never liked the liquored version---go figure!

• Options
    my MIL and mother have just started coordinating a baby shower for me, and while i am so so grateful, i feel like it's really early to start thinking about this not knowing what will be allowed/feasible/comfortable a few months from now.  anyone else been approached about this topic yet?
  • Options
    @asf0613 What do you do to make your virgin bloody mary? I love spicy v8 juices.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @asf0613 I've been thinking about a Bloody Mary for a few weeks now, I might just give in to the virgin version
  • Options
    i've been having them out at restaurants so no clue what they put in their mixes...however, both places i have indulged were very generous with the horseradish so they def had a kick!!!
  • Options
    We got my SIL a Christmas gift, also one for her son (we are godfather and godmother). I get everybody a gift if I will see you during the holidays! Now she asked my fiancé if we were going to do a gift exchange, so he told her I had already gotten them something. Today she called me to ask me what we want for Christmas, and that she is going to IKEA this week so I should let her know what she should get for us. I'm super bothered because I don't like to do gifts like that. Also, I don't even really like IKEA, I just buy there when I don't find a better option elsewhere. I just spent 15 minutes browsing the website and couldn't find anything I want. Now it's stressing me out that I have to find something. I don't think getting a Christmas gift should feel like that. At this point I almost want to return what I got them so we don't have to do this. 

Ok rant is over. 
  • Options
    @mimser They have some cute tea kettles, wine glasses, dishware, and if all else fails, ask for chocolate hazelnut bars!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t you are so sweet thank you! 🤗😭🤗
  • Options
    @littlelibelula I do!! And then I read their intro thread and get excited for them. 
  • Options
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t ahh! Those are cute and they have them in Long! But it’s not maternity fit right?! (I waited for Black Friday on the H&M ones and of course they sold out 😬)
  • Options
    @ckmb_1250 no, but it looks like it has a fold down panel, so I'm thinking they might work!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    I ordered them, thanks @texas_t! I just ordered a size up since they have a tighter fit through the leg, so hoping that leaves room for belly. If not, I'll shrink them in the dryer for post-preg...they look super cute.
  • Options
    @ec1212 which color did you get? The tie dye are so impractical but I love them so.

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t I got them in tie dye, pink and grey 😬. I'm home 24/7 and my fave Gap lounge pants are on the verge of not being comfy over the bump anymore, so that's how I justified it to myself. They look so cozy.

• Options
    My SO just got Lays regular and oreos from the corner store 😬 I live him/hate him for it 
  • Options
    @ec1212 I'm anxiously awaiting your review!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mrosek91 Aw man, I'm sorry you have to reschedule your OB appt.

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mrosek91 that is a long time for results. We’ve been getting ours within 1-3 days. Usually about 24 hours! Maybe you should call? And I really hope you just have a regular cold and not covid19. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I have had such an awful week at work and being pregnant and tired is not helping. I feel bad not being here at all lately😭 

• Options
    @nbcarlson I feel the same way 😫 I pop in and read updates but by the time I can respond I'm either busy again or fall asleep!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @spartan4life So have you realized that the bump saves what you type? Once i think I took three days to finish one, I kept getting distracted and would write a little each time I came back. I think it was one of the long ones like cribs, where it ends up looking like a novel in the end. 
  • Options
    @littlelibelula I have noticed that! It's funny because I often start the check in threads and then get distracted but thankfully most of the time they are still there 😆
  • Options
    @yellingbanana Wow!  They turned out great. 
  • Options
  • Options
    @yellingbanana those look amazing!! My son and daughter are OBSESSED with Miles Morales!

• Options
    @yellingbanana wow those look great!! 

@nbcarlson so exciting! I have felt the baby here and there but nothing consistent yet. Can't wait for that point, it really is the best part!
  • Options
    @yellingbanana those are some pretty awesome decorating skills!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021