May 2021 Moms

STM+ Check In 11/25

How far along are you?

How many kids do you already have? Ages?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: What is the last TV show you binge-watched? (I can't remember if we've done this one so sorry if we have!)

Re: STM+ Check In 11/25

• @gusgus14 I love this meme!

How far along are you? 14+6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 boys, 4, 3 and 1

Rants/Raves: I thought that I had managed to kick this cold by spending all day in bed Friday, but nope, it hibernated for a few days, and is now back worse than before. I am really lucky though, my nanny isn't American, so she offered to come in tomorrow. Looks like another day in bed is in sight. Today is a half day, and I have a ridiculous amount of meetings, so just have to survive pretending to listen for a few hours. (Also, someone else in our pod has this cold too, and had to be tested for work, so we're fairly certain it's not COVID.)

GTKY: What is the last TV show you binge-watched? (I can't remember if we've done this one so sorry if we have!) Can it be called binging if you on average watch three episodes a week? I'm currently in the middle of re-watching Scrubs, I'm doing it along with the podcast, and really enjoying both.
  • How far along are you? 16w3d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 boys - 5 and 2 (tomorrow! what!?)

Rants/Raves: I'm so ready for Thanksgiving food!

GTKY: What is the last TV show you binge-watched? Dawson's Creek  :D 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 16+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 daughter who will be 3 in January.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I got another headache yesterday and it won't go away. I've noticed this time around they last a minimum of 36-48 hours no matter what I try. Just hoping it clears up today so I don't have to deal with it on Thanksgiving. Rave: Just have to make it through today and then I have a much needed day off! I am working Friday but hoping I can make a half day work. I think I can as long as I don't end up having to take off any time today for this headache. 

GTKY: What is the last TV show you binge-watched? 

• @gusgus14 I had headaches for 3 weeks in a row.  I finally found a concoction that helps: 2 extra strength tylenol, a big hit of caffeine all at once (like down an iced coffee or red bull), a zyrtec, and wear my hair down.  Headaches are horrible. I'm so sorry.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• How far along are you? 17+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 kids: 14DD, 9DD, almost 4DS 

Rants/Raves:

Rant alert: I’ve also been getting headaches regularly, thinking about increasing my coffee intake. Also, f*uck covid. My main uncle, only one on my mom’s side, is dying. Two weeks ago he found out he had cancer, started chemo, and the chemo started killing him. He just got out of the ICU and is at home with hospice care. I can’t see him because of covid. He is more of a dad to me than my own dad. It hurts. 

My rave is that I have 4 days off and we are going to put up Christmas lights. 

GTKY: Parks and Rec, like @mrosek91 I didn’t really binge watch because that’s pretty impossible with 3 kids. But it was the last show DH and I would sit down together and pretend like we were on a date. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @yellingbanana I'm so so sorry about your uncle, that's so devastating. I can't even imagine.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t thanks. I’m trying to enjoy the holiday but I’m pretty devastated. Trying to not cry around the kids. 

• @texas_t I need to try a Zyrtec or something similar because I think allergy/sinus is part of the issue! I don’t use Tylenol anymore but I do take Excedrin Tension which has helped before which is basically Tylenol with caffeine in it which I also typically wash down with more caffeine. I’m going to see if we have any allergy meds and if not send DH to the store though!
  • @yellingbanana I’m so so sorry 
  • @gusgus14 I emailed my doc about my headaches and the NP suggested that and I thought, duh!? Well, it's helped multiple days in a row, so I'm trying to share my knowledge because I was miserable!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t thanks for sharing! I'm prone to headaches/migraines anyway but last pregnancy I think I got one, maybe two the whole time and it was glorious. Apparently this time around is making up for it. An ice pack on my head helps while it lasts but that's hard to do while working!
  • edited November 2020
    How far along are you?
    12w 3d
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1, 14 months DS
    Rants/Raves
    I'm still upset at Saturdays US results. I wamted to wait until we knew the gender from the anatomy scan, before letting most people know. Which looked like it could be at Christmas, 18 weeks. But the US showed that the baby was only 12w so I lost a week and a half. SO, we might not know until mid-January. And since I live out of town my Mom is having a hard time keeping it a secret every time someone asks how I'm doing. So its putting a lot of stress on her. So we might announce it on Christmas, but my Mom doesn't think she can wait that long. 
    GTKY: What is the last TV show you binge-watched? Don't remember. I do binge on Hallmark movies a lot. It's hard to binge on youtube sometimes, but i try my best. 
  • How far along are you? 16 weeks 3 days

How many kids do you already have? Ages? Daughter is 2 yr 4 mos

Rants/Raves: I was awake for 2 hours from like 3-5 am this morning, but definitely felt baby moving during that time! I was hoping to feel more movement soon. 

I’ve legit had mild heartburn for 2 straight days, not bad enough that I can’t go to sleep, but it’s still there when I wake up 😩 just this sharp pain when I take a deep breath. Pretty sure it’s because I ate beef. I keep craving beef but we pretty much only eat chicken and turkey and last time I gave in to the beef it messed me up too 🤦🏻‍♀️

3rd rant is that I pulled my daughter out of gymnastics for the next couple of months while covid inevitably rages post thanksgiving. I’m glad we are safe(r) but I feel guilty keeping her home.

GTKY: What is the last TV show you binge-watched? Still working on The Good Place and we just started Waco.
  • @ckmb_1250 Gah! Waco is rough to watch but really good.  I've lived in Texas my whole life and remember it.  
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @yellingbanana have you tried talking to your uncles hospice nurse or social worker about visiting.  I wonder if it would be ok to visit if you got tested first and wore a mask during the visit.  Is it more family stopping you from visiting, or hospice recommendation? I haven't worked in hospice during a pandemic, but when I did we would let risky things happen for the patients happiness.  It's weighing the pros and cons.  risky things like letting a diabetic patient eat a piece of cake or something.  If nothing else, maybe you could facetime him.  I'm so sorry you're going through this.  Hugs to you <3

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• How far along are you?14+3

How many kids do you already have? Ages? a 4 your old daughter

Rants/Raves: see high risk check in for a long rant

GTKY: What is the last TV show you binge-watched? (I can't remember if we've done this one so sorry if we have!) Lucifer, but I didn't finish it because I lost interest

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• How far along are you?17+1

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS 7yo, DD 3yo

Rants/Raves: This break from school this week is the best!

GTKY: What is the last TV show you binge-watched? (I can't remember if we've done this one so sorry if we have!) Schitt's Creek, we watched it in like 1.5 weeks. I don't know how I missed out for so long. 

• @texas_t I honestly know nothing about the actual story so it’s all new to me! 
  • @yellingbanana I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. That is so tough, especially during the holidays and the pandemic. I was going to ask you something similar to @mkc3888...what/who is telling you that you can't visit? I feel like end-of-life care often understands the need for people to have time to say good-bye, even during COVID. Maybe they would allow you to visit for just a short time if you take all necessary precautions?

@gusgus14 headaches here too 😫. Thankfully they have only been about every other day and tylenol seems to help but I really try to avoid taking it. I'm also not sleeping well so I think that's most of it. 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • How far along are you? 15+3

How many kids do you already have? Ages? one DS who is 2

Rants/Raves: I'm so happy to have 5 whole days off in a row! I think I have taken a total of 5 days off all year so it feels nice to not have to get up for work.

GTKY: What is the last TV show you binge-watched? (I can't remember if we've done this one so sorry if we have!) Currently watching Dynasty which is surprisingly good. I don't really binge watch, but I usually get in an episode a few nights a week.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @mkc3888 and @spartan4life It is my aunt and uncle that say they won’t have any visitors due to covid. But I’m wondering if my uncle just doesn’t want family to see him in the state he is in. Because I wear masks and social distance with my mom and step dad, and I would do the same with my uncle and aunt. 
    Thanks for your help and kindness guys ❤️

• @yellingbanana im so sorry to hear about your uncle
    @texas_t @gusgus14 i hear you with the headaches i get them frequently and nothing helps, they actually hurt my eyes, they only last a few hours though..its the worst

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? 15w

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 girls (6, 5, and 1)

Rants/Raves: Many rants: 1st i got my NIPT test like over 2 weeks now, got a call last week saying they didnt take enough blood so had to go in last Friday to get it done again so still waiting on those results (definitely will be calling on Monday). I am always congested, i almost don't know what its like to breathe normally. tried allergey meds which has helped a little..maybe im allergic to being pregnant? lol i had the same with my others but just not this bad. ugh..

GTKY: What is the last TV show you binge-watched? Queens Gambit on Netflix, it was sooo good! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nbcarlsonnbcarlson member
    edited November 2020
    @lilnessi we just started Queena Gambit and so far totally enthralled!