May 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/23

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gusgus14 I send this to all a majority of our remote workers.  It's super easy to use and creates a hard wired network using your electrical circuit.  I used one at home when I was working remotely, too.  (I work in I.T.)  We use I.P. phones as well.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-AV600-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B00AWRUICG/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=powerline+adapter&qid=1606141473&sr=8-3

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t I got a similar one when I went to working from home back in march.  Best decision ever!  I work in my office/climate controlled storage/outdoor kitchen.  It's maybe 20-30 feet from my house and I get a great signal with it and have the option to plug in. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @mkc3888 ugh! So sorry to hear about the possible exposure. I hope everyone is negative and you're all in the clear.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @texas_t we actually tried that when I first started working from home but unfortunately for whatever reason it doesn't work. 
  • Options
    @gusgus14 Lame! Do you have an older home? 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t I guess depends on what you mean by older! Our house was built in the 70s and has a lot of um....interesting quirks lol.
  • Options
    @gusgus14 I am loving my heater! Its amazing what a different it makes. Glad you're cozy.
    @mkc3888 that's so frustrating. FX everyone's tests come back negative.

My nanny volunteered to coming in on Thanksgiving, and I took her up on the offer. I told my bosses I would work to make up for taking a sick day on Friday, but we'll see what the status on my projects really is, I may just sleep. You would think that would be good motivation to be working now, but I guess it isn't....
  • Options
    @mkc3888 wow. That sucks. It seems like a lot of people are being exposed right now, right before Thanksgiving. And numbers are going up everywhere except in Hawaii. We were planning a vacation to HI in August, and have delayed it several times due to covid numbers going up. We live in WA and have direct flights, plus you aren’t allowed to go unless you have a negative covid test in hand. But it’s delayed again until January. But I have a feeling that we won’t be able to go until after the baby is here ☹️. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Does anyone else feel like their ads are on drugs? I guess I'm used to FB, and Google who know me too well, but I play a lot of (too many) phone games, and the ads there are so bizarre, like not just off-base for me, but contradictory. Since getting pregnant I have had ads for conceive+, the morning after-pill, and trojan condoms.
  • Options
    I have a million ads for State Farm Insurance, lol

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @yellingbanana hopefully you'll be able to go in January.  I personally don't think we'll see numbers go down until January.  It's also looking like there will soon be a vaccine, so hopefully that helps slow the spread.

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @mkc3888 I really hope that vaccine is available in the next month or two like they are saying it will be.

Update on us from yesterday's randoms: we have all been swabbed and are waiting for test results. I'm hoping that we are all negative because I'm going to be pissed if we exposed anyone else to this. None of us have symptoms other than being stuffed up but we have a 2 year old in daycare so I honestly never think anything of a runny nose...until today when I'm pretty much counting every sniffle 🤦🏼‍♀️. 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @spartan4life I hope your tests come back negative.  Hopefully y'all get results soon!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    I had the best 15 minute nap on my lunch and was 5 minutes late coming back to work.  It was worth it

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    My dog thinks my pregnancy pillow is a new dog bed that we put on the couch or bed🤦‍♀️ I basically have to fight him for it 😅
  • Options
    @mimser my dogs looooove my pregnancy pillow! Last time they slept on the bed with us but after my first was born we had them start sleeping in their crates (or what is now like half of our room gated off lol) and never let them back up. Sometimes they get to snuggle with me before DH comes up and at least one of them will snuggle up with my pillow.
  • Options
    Just sent DH to Costco for about 6 items, but one of them is pumpkin pie. I know it’s going to be a madhouse over there, especially with stores at 25% capacity. He probably had to wait in line outside. But I want my pumpkin pie, and theirs is really good. 

• Options
    @yellingbanana They do have good pumpkin pie!  I made a Walmart pickup order for between 4 and 5.  If they are out of something on my list and don't substitute it, I'm going to melt down.  I have stuff to make a tomato macaroni bake and oreo fudge. This is important.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @yellingbanana I was thinking of that today as I did my Costco(Pricesmart) run today. But I bought cream cheese instead. I'm really intrigued by the gingersnap pumpkin cheesecake. 
  • Options
    @ec1212 a girl after my own heart, I'm carrying DH's fourth child, and I still make him run out and get me stuff. For example tonight he's going to get me orange juice, to help me battle this cold my beloved sons gave me.
  • Options
    The best part is, he offered. I mentioned that I need to go to Costco and he said ‘no way! Just give me the list and I’ll go’. 

@texas_t that Oreo fudge sounds really important to me!

@littlelibelula we got a pumpkin cheesecake from Costco last year, and it was good! But I couldn’t eat as much because it was so filling! Lol 

• Options
    @yellingbanana that's right! I feel like that's the right attitude :)
  • Options
    @yellingbanana My husband tried but he knew there was no point trying. I only get to go shopping every 3 weeks because of covid. I love grocery shopping, so he asked but he knew I wouldn't give up my shopping trip even if it was to go to Costco for 1/2 hr and spend ghastly amounts on essentials. 
  • Options
    I got DH to agree to take out for dinner. I very rare occurrence. But now I'm torn between pizza or Chinese.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 Hard choice. For us Pizza is fast food (Little Ceasers hot and ready) and Chinese is good quality. I'm debating making dumplings for supper, so much work, but Chinese food is so good. 
  • Options
    I almost broke into tears today.  I had a client's physician request a psyc clearance for bariatric surgery.  I asked for info from a local SW group I'm in and got the info I needed.  One reply was from someone I worked with as an intern.  she said she had the surgery and later today I was thinking about it.  My dr recommended me to get bariatric surgery a while back and I told her we were planning on more kids, so she advised me to wait until our family was complete.  So the thought of a friend having a successful surgery and me possibly getting the surgery and my kids not seeing me the way I see me almost made me cry.  Damned hormones.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    I'm in my 2nd pair of pants today  They both feel too tight on the tummy. They are sweat pants/leggings. I thought I could go longer in these 😬
  • Options
    @asf0613 I was wondering about you 😊 Glad you are "just" swamped at work!

@spartan4life that's great news about COVID! I'm sure it's a relief
  • Options
    @spartan4life yay for negative COVID tests! what a relief!

@mimser yes all good here! actually had an appointment today that went well, so i'm not going anywhere  :D
  • Options
    @spartan4life  I'm glad your tests came back negative! Yay!  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    edited November 2020
    @mrosek91 So which did you go with, pizza or Chinese. 

I ended up wasting 3&1/2 hours making dumplings which were awesome and there are some for tomorrow. All while on a zoom call, while a toddler wouldn't sleep and trashed the kitchen, so it probably could've taken less time.