February 2021 Moms
Options

FFFC 11/20

What hot on your mind today that might fire someone else up? 🔥 🔥 🔥 

Re: FFFC 11/20

• Options
    This is sort of a combo UO/FFFC

I like wearing bras and feel that if people hate them they probably just don't fit right 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    FFFC: I hate my job. I've been fantasizing about finding a new one during my maternity leave. A girl can dream right? 🤦‍♀️

@jumpy57 I can understand and agree with that - I'm very heavy chested so I've always been more comfortable in a (correctly fitted) bra than without one! Especially when they're extra tender.. like before/during period, when it rains, when I sleep wrong, on days that end in Y... etc haha.

That being said, if I had perky/smaller ones I might have a different opinion 😜
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jumpy57 that is probably right because as my chest gets bigger during pregnancy (just like last time) and my bras fit worse, i end up being like UGH bras, but I would NEVER not wear one. and when the fit is right, i much prefer the support over being braless. I used to even wear a sports bra to bed in highschool cuz I was weird!

@rubyroux_89 that sucks! hating your job is like the worst cuz it's a constant. I'm a big believer in my personal life that I work to live but dont live to work so I Dont want to do something that consumes all my time or drives me crazy but i don't have to be like "in love it's my passion forever" kinda thing either. Just make that money, have decent days at work, come home and live my life LOL what kinda work do you do? I say job hunt anyway! worse than can happen is you dont find a new one, best case you do and love it! How long are you taking off for maternity leave? 

FFFC people i work with today are annoying. I have to make our christmas slideshow for the year and asked the teachers to send me their pictures and everyone is like "how many/when do you want them?" I"m like.. send me whatever you have asap. Like it takes time to put everything together, etc. Please don't make me ask 100x and then have to be up late working on it last minute. OYYE. we make a slideshow every year, this aint new news people. 
  • Options
    BACK AGAIN FOR A SECOND COMPLAINT
    someone came in the office (where I work all day) and sprayed their perfume all over themselves (the office is like the staff purse cupboard and cubbies) and then left. NOW IT SMELLS SO STRONG IN HERE MY EYES ARE BURNING
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited November 2020
    Confession: I really need to -
    1. Stop making excuses to myself and others for toxic immediate family members just because they're blood related. I am doing better about this, I already got past the "family is family" BS in regards to extended family a long time ago; and
    2. Call them out and hold them accountable for their BS. 

My current complaint is my mother. I was talking to my best friend last night about the lack of boundaries, the inevitable gaslighting when I end up confronting her, and all around entitled rudeness and the response was "Sorry your mom is being your mom." Sadly, that pretty much sums up how I'm feeling about it. Mad at the situation but overall disappointed that her behavior isn't all that unexpected. But hey, actions have consequences, and DH and I are on the same page of my mother is never attending an ultrasound of ours ever again. I'm also feeling overly cautious about anything baby now, in case current behavior is going to be indicative of future behavior (which is generally is). I'm glad I've got a good support system of cheerleaders that won't let me back down on standing up for myself, especially with baby involved. I'm also super bummed that I even have to consider limiting unsupervised baby time with one of my parents for the kiddo that isn't even here yet, but I can also see her pulling the same stuff if she disagrees with or otherwise wants something different in terms of child supervision. I'm high-risk, PGAL, working in-person in a very large short-staffed residential facility in the middle of a pandemic, I don't need this extra stress in my life right now  :'(
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @jumpy57 - I'm larger chested and also prefer a well-fitted bra over no bra.

@rubyroux_89 - What kind of new job are you dreaming of?

@PinkKathryn12 - I feel that in my soul. I feel like my entire job is 5% assigning work (with deadlines) to other people, 5% follow-up, and 90% nagging them to turn them in (which they usually do late.) - Also, that's a lot of perfume! =( I hate it when it just lingers. When I worked at a bank we used to have customers that wore too much cologne or perfume and some of the tellers had to switch spots because it was too much for their allergies/sinuses even 20-30 minutes later.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @rubyroux_89 my part time job started up again a month or two ago after a big hiatus due to Covid. We completely changed what we do to fit the new environment we’re living in and my role has been pretty much diminished to bitchwork and random mindless tasks that are both boring and stressful. Im just telling myself to be grateful for the money and that it’s wfh because before this year I was a sahm and I love being able to buy the things I want with my own money 🤪. Doesn’t make it any less crappy though. 

My confession is that I oscillate between stressing about weight gain and idgaf give me some chocolate stat! Says me who’s currently planning five desserts for a thanksgiving for two adults and two small children. 
  • Options
    @rubyroux_89 job hunt! It never hurts. What do you think you are looking for?
  • Options
    @jumpy57 I’m indifferent on bras. I always wear one when I go out but when I’m home it doesn’t matter to me. 

@rubyroux_89 definitely doesn’t hurt to look! It’s good to keep your resume up to date and your interview skills sharp anyway!

@WildMagelet it’s probably good to establish (and enforce) boundaries now so it’s not a surprise when the baby is actually here. It’s not going to be easy or enjoyable but hopefully it will work in the long run. 

@birdiejo same with the trying to be good about eating or just saying “eff it, I want chocolate”. I don’t really like pie and my mom was like “I’m going to order an apple and a pumpkin for thanksgiving”. So that was perfect since I’m not supposed to be eating it.... but then she asked me if I wanted to make chocolate caramel pie and it has like 8260137 calories but it’s sooo good. So I bought all the ingredients and i will be regretting eating it next Thursday. 
  • Options
    @jumpy57 Haha, that's probably true - I just need to find better bras! I always found my underwire bras uncomfortable and pre-pregnancy I definitely was the type to peel my bra off the second I got home from work  :D  And pretty much the second I got pregnant I hated wearing clothing in general so I'd usually just wear underwear and a tank top folded up over my chest any time I was home. I can't stand the feel of fabric on my bump at all, I have no idea why!!! As the weather is getting colder and my boobs keep growing I'm not sure I can get away with that much longer though unfortunately! 

@moguippy No regrets! It's a holiday - you have to have a bit of a splurge I think!
  • Options
    @PinkKathryn12 I thought I was cute the other day and sprayed some of my own perfume on my pillow (I don't know why) and immediately had to evac. I'm so sorry you were dealing with that :/ 

@WildMagelet I'm sorry about all the mom stress! 

@birdiejo Please let me come to your thanksgiving :D 

@sprilly tell me about it! I was winnie-the-pooh-ing it all over my house for 90% of the first and second trimester. Just undies and reaaally loose shirts. If we hopefully get pregnant again in a few years I don't know how I'm going to be decent. Or, knowing MH and our relationship, our daughter will think farts are funny and have no problem with a 'Mommy the Pooh'
  • Options
    @moguippy I am not a big pie person either unless it’s like the one you described and now I need the recipeeeeee please. 
  • Options
    moguippymoguippy member
    edited November 2020
    @birdiejo

Chocolate caramel pie
    Ingredients:
    8oz sweetened condensed milk
    17 caramels
    1 cup heavy cream
    12oz semisweet chocolate chips
    3 tablespoons butter
    1 9” cookie crust (premade either Oreo or graham)

Directions:
    -Melt caramels and sweetened condensed milk. Pour into crust. 
    -Melt choc. chips, butter, cream. Pour into crust. 
    -Refrigerate 4 hours

Notes: we use a bag of Kraft individually wrapped caramels, it’s the only kind we can find. I think it comes out to like 140g of caramel. I can only ever find 8” pie crusts so I always have extra filling.

ETA: I haven’t made this in a few years so I’ll let you know if it turns out to be a catastrophe  
  • Options
    wow, this is one of my favorites, I swear. Chocolate plus caramel, perfect!
  • Options
    You are all right - it's important to be happy. And even if I don't find something I love, keeping my interview skills sharp is always a good idea!

I currently am an administrative assistant at an accounting firm... I hate sitting at a desk. I would love to do something helping people or something with kids, but at almost 32, with no degree and just starting a family, I have no idea where to start haha!

@WildMagelet that's so tough about your mom. She is supposed to be one of your rocks right now! My mom can be insanely opinionated and overbearing too so I understand - but luckily she is behaving so far for this.

@moguippy that sounds amaaaaaazing 😍
  • Options
    @rubyroux_89 yes people and kids are so fun! Here are some random ideas to look for:
    Admin assistant for a school
    Veterinary receptionist
    Park district or community programming jobs
    Admin positions in more people related businesses (daycare center, gym, medical/dental office, state/county services)
  • Options
    @jumpy57 these are all great ideas - I would love to work in a school!

Thank you :)
  • Options
    @hanfam2021 Oh my goodness, Winnie-The-Pooh-ing is the best, most accurate description. That is exactly pregnant me!!!! My tummy just loves to be free, and doesn't care what the weather is like...
  • Options
    @moguippy that looks delicious!
  • Options
    @jumpy57 it was so good. I accidentally didn’t melt all of the chocolate chips when I made it but I think I like it better that way 😂