July 2021 Moms

PGAL 11/19

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone filled craziness that is pregnancy!

Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)?

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)?

4. When is your next appointment? 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  

6. GTKY: Have you had any unanticipated specific cravings for comfort foods during quarantine/COVID (and if so, what)? Have you rediscovered any old passions?

Re: PGAL 11/19

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 7 weeks tomorrow  

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Absolutely exhausted with some nausea in the evenings and always cold

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? I was doing fine until today when I realized my due date is close to the anniversary of my d&c and that I’ll be exactly 8 weeks at my ultrasound on Friday and last time I found out exactly at 8 weeks that my babies had no heartbeat 

4. When is your next appointment? Formal ultrasound next Friday, ob appt on 12/8

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  husband is wanting to have sex and I’m on pelvic rest due to a potential sub chorionic hematoma 

6. GTKY: Have you had any unanticipated specific cravings for comfort foods during quarantine/COVID (and if so, what)? Have you rediscovered any old passions? Caesar salads and breakfast burritos

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones? Roughly 4w4d - my app says baby is now considered an embryo today. 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? The exhaustion. It is unreal. Like I have never been this tired in my life. Nausea is coming in waves, and the waves are getting longer and stronger. Thankfully I have some non nauseous moments in between them. Rather this than 24/7 nausea like I normally have. But nausea set it really quick this time, like right at 4 weeks, vs 6 like all the rest of my pregnancies.

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? So anxious. I’ve never had to wait this long to be seen by a dr because of my loss history. But this is also the first pregnancy that I’m seeing military doctors for and I found out at my confirmation appt that my medical history never transferred. I’m gonna call them on Monday and see if they will see me sooner rather than making me wait until 8 weeks.

4. When is your next appointment? To be determined. They haven’t even scheduled my 8 week appt for intake or my 10-12 week first baby appt 😭

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  I really just want to be seen to confirm everything is ok. I also have this crazy inkling I could possibly have twins this time and I lost the last set of twins I conceived (my 5th pregnancy, and this is my 11th). I did secure a fetal Doppler from a neighbor though, and in the past that’s brought me comfort between appts. Won’t start trying to find baby though until after my dr has found heartbeats.

6. GTKY: Have you had any unanticipated specific cravings for comfort foods during quarantine/COVID (and if so, what)? Have you rediscovered any old passions? We’ve been eating a ton of Mexican and slowly perfecting our recipes. Also rediscovered my love for pancit and lumpia 🤤 

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 6 weeks  

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? So tired, having trouble functioning, v nauseous

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? A lot of anxiety, I am hoping I feel a bit better after my ultrasound today. 

4. When is your next appointment? Today!

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I need to stop with my retail therapy 🤑 

6. GTKY: Have you had any unanticipated specific cravings for comfort foods during quarantine/COVID (and if so, what)? Have you rediscovered any old passions? My mother died at the beginning of the COVID pandemic so I’ve been really missing and thinking about the things she cooked (she was an excellent cook!) As far as rediscovering old passions, I’ve (unfortunately?) been unemployed since March so I have had a lot of time to rediscover old hobbies that I haven’t had time for: knitting, embroidery, beadwork, baking. 

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  4w2d, my milestones are 9wk (Baby's heartbeat stopped based on embryo growth) and then 12wks (MMC was discovered) so I have a LONG way to go.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? None so far which is nerve wracking in itself, I just keep POAS to see if the line is darker

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)?  WELL I haven't called my doctor yet to tell them I'm pregnant, because I feel like that's going to make it too real. :( I know I have to especially since I normally start progesterone just for comfort, not because I need it.  (long story)

4. When is your next appointment?  I didn't call yet so I don't have one.

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  This is my third and last child and I feel like with COVID I have to calm my anxiety because I don't want the extra dr visits and bloodwork, because that just puts me and the baby more at risk being out in the community.  My OBs office is in an actual hospital so that's not great either.  And I'm already panicking about all the ultrasounds my husband will be missing because our place doesn't allow ANYONE else in.  Bah

6. GTKY: Have you had any unanticipated specific cravings for comfort foods during quarantine/COVID (and if so, what)? Have you rediscovered any old passions?   I binged way too much at the beginning of covid so now I'm trying to calm it down so I don't give birth to a sumo wrestler.  I am attempting to finish a crocheted blanket I started probably 15 years ago.

BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  8w1d... It's weird because I feel like I just found and time is flying but also feels like time is dragging. 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? nausea is here in full force, which sucks because I don't really remember too much nausea with my previous pregnancies (unless I've completely forgotten and blocked it out) 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Feel somewhat at ease after the viability ultrasound Tuesday since she said I was measuring ahead and now the nausea. 

4. When is your next appointment? Not sure yet, waiting on my RE to send my records to my OB. I'll give them a call today to see. RE recommended they give me another ultrasound around 10 weeks (that's when we suspected the MMC occurred but wasn't discovered until the NT scan at 11.5 weeks)

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I am really torn about when to tell family. Part of me wants to really shock them and wait until Christmas but I think I will cave and tell on Thanksgiving. I do want to wait until Christmastime to tell my kiddos. 

6. GTKY: Have you had any unanticipated specific cravings for comfort foods during quarantine/COVID (and if so, what)? Have you rediscovered any old passions? nothing crazy yet. I am all about buffalo chicken lately though. Any passions/Hobbies I've had have been gone since I've had kids lol.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was told I could spot or have some bleeding because of the sub chorionic hematoma. There was some pink on the tp when I wiped this morning and now I’m panicking even though I was warned it might happen. 
  • @marikkita12 That can definitely happen with a SCH.  I'm sorry you are going through that this is nerve-wracking enough without added bleeding.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  

6+1 weeks by my calc, but doc has me at 7+2 weeks.  I’m okay with this. 🤣 We’ll see what happens at my first appt.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)?  Lots of mild cramping, sore nips, not much of an appetite, tired

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

Pretty anxious, but trying to stay calm.  By this time with my other pregnancies I had known for weeks and definitely way more nauseous.  My “mild” symptoms are throwing me off.  However, if I can just make it through next Thursday before I start throwing up, that would be great.  Haha.  I have anxiety anyway and see a therapist.  This is going to be a big convo!

4. When is your next appointment? I’m going to base next Friday for my confirmation test and my first appt is 12/1.  

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  

Not much for now.  Just anxious to get to my first appt/ultrasound 

6. GTKY: Have you had any unanticipated specific cravings for comfort foods during quarantine/COVID (and if so, what)? Have you rediscovered any old passions?

I work as a K12 food service director so I didn’t get much time off during quarantine.  The world shut down 3/13 and I was at work feeding kids on 3/16 with my team.  My husband was stationed out of state for 26 months.  when he moved home in June we did a bunch of home projects.  Turns out I don’t mind painting walls.....except I’m old af and gave myself bilateral tennis elbow. 🙄😂

BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • I’m spiraling out of control. Luckily the spotting stopped but what little symptoms I had (exhaustion and tender nipples) are basically gone. I know that it is normal to not have symptoms but now I’m super worried. I have my ultrasound scheduled for Friday but I don’t know that my mental health can wait that long. Should I ask for more blood work to make sure my numbers are still doubling? I’m not sure they would bring me into the office just for a quick ultrasound. I’m trying so hard to think positive but today I’m losing this battle. Also, it is 3am and I’m wide awake trying to not go into full panic mode 
  • @marikkita12, I find myself spiraling as well.  I’m usually very nauseous and/or throwing up by this point, but not the case right now.  How stupid that I’m flipping out because I’m not throwing up?!  Anyway, I’m keeping you in my thoughts, mama.  These first few weeks of unknown are so hard. ❤️
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • @marikkita12 I swear I am checking every five minutes if I still have achying and sensitive breasts! Awaiting my first appt for December 9th is just so long away!