May 2021 Moms

Re: UO 11/19

• Options
    I don’t think fruit belongs anywhere near a salad. Or pizza. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ugh, I’m going to be sick! 🤣

• Options
    @yellingbanana I can go either way on pizza but salad? 

• Options
    I have had pigs in a blanket and jalepeno poppers/crab wontons (depending on my mood) for like 90% of my lunches and dinners for the past week. It's the only thing that has sounded good to me.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Sorry, tastes good not to. 
    Pineapple pizza ✔️
    Cranberry and mandarin chicken salad ✔️
    Strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed vinaigrette ✔️

Cranberries and/or slices of mandarin orange make salads taste AMAZING! 

• Options
    I also like pineapple on pizza and Panera has an amazing strawberry poppy seed chicken salad that they only have in the summer but I crave always 😂

With the holidays upon us my other UO this week is that I think real Christmas trees are gross 🤷🏻‍♀️ There have to be some bugs on it and that thing belongs outside! 
  • Options
    @ckmb_1250 oh God yes. Fake trees all the way!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @ckmb_1250 omg I don’t think I could ever do a fake tree! Granted I don’t need the whole chop my own down experience (did that once), I can’t envision ever getting a fake one!!
  • Options
    @ckmb_1250 fake tree all the way!! DH is allergic to just about everything so we don't bring the outside in...ever 🤣
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @spartan4life my DH is allergic to the real trees too! Which is almost funny as we live in WA state, in kind of a rural area.... full of Christmas tree farms 🤣 needless to say he has to take allergy medicine year round! 

• Options
    Oh noooooo. Real tree club here! To be fair, we have a fake one but we put it in our room every year and decorate it with all of our family/memory/travel ornaments. We used to do a real one there but it was getting expensive since we spend $120+ on a big real tree for our family room downstairs every year!
  • Options
    I love real trees! I got a cedar tree one year and it didn't last, so now we get carolina pine now.  I love the smell of a real tree!  

And pineapple goes on pizza

and sushi with fruit in it is a favorite!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @mkc3888 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Fruit in sushi? What is this blasphemy!?

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @ec1212 im trying to imagine convincing an Uber to let you bring it.  there MUST be a surcharge for that!!!
    we just vaulted the ceiling in our "tree room" so i can go for an 11ft tree this year and i am PUMPED!!!!  probably going to get it next weekend (but i cheat and go to home depot, and can easily throw it on my roof rack!)
  • Options
    Yay for hawaiian pizza! Some fruit in salads is okay (I had a wonderful chicken salad with grapes yesterday) but sometimes it gets too sweet/tangy for me. I'm not the biggest fruit fan anyway. 

Fake tree all the way because ours has fiber optics and it's beautiful and also easy and simple. BUT when I was a kid we chopped down a cedar tree from our property every year and that was pretty amazing, even though they were usually lopsided and funny looking. 

• Options
    ec1212ec1212 member
    edited November 2020
    @asf0613 it's a negotiation for sure 😂. I request an XL - a minivan or something and bring a couple sheets to throw down so I don't get needles or sap on their rug (they put the tree is in a net wrapper after you buy it, so it's skinny at least). The first driver might say no, but I have always gotten one to say yes and tip well. This year we live even closer to the corner where my guy sells trees - it used to be a 20 min. walk to roll it home on my own, but now I can see the corner from our window. So I think we'll walk it home this year, or we can just drive over now that we are car owners.
  • Options
    @ec1212 seems close enough that its walkable! but at least you were courteous and brought blankets!
  • Options
    @mimser oh my gosh that sounds so festive!!!
  • Options
    ec1212ec1212 member
    edited November 2020
    I guess my UO is that I hate the PharMeDoc pregnancy pillow. I got the cooling cover and everything. Even the little leg that zips off (which I've been using on its own between my knees) has kinda gone flat. So disappointed. I wanted to love it but ordered a wedge pillow instead. And if I don't like that, I'm just gonna build a fort around myself with regular pillows! 
  • Options
    @ec1212 yes very festive! 

• Options
    @mimser omg im obsessed with that whole concept!!! what a cute idea!
  • Options
    @ec1212 Do the pillow fort! 😃

So wonderful, but starts to drive my husband bonkers, so many things on the bed. 
  • Options
    Can I hire a nutcracker to come set up my fake tree? lol

@ec1212 I put away my pregnancy pillow a couple of days ago.  I can't like it, it's annoying me.  I like my wedge pillow, it's way less intrusive.  But I also like my 5 pillow fort, soooo..... 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t if you see a sushi roll with mango or strawberry in it, you must get it! I was skeptical at first, but it's amazing!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @mkc3888 Ok, I could *maybe* see mango
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t I uses to order a rainbow roll and it was topped with strawberry, mango, avocado and fish and it was great! My other favorite is a sunset roll and it has mango in the roll and it's delicious! 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @mkc3888 Maybe add fresh jalapeno...
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    OMG I feel so bad our old christmas tree guy just called me to tell me they were installed in the market. I I didn't have the heart to tell him we weren't buying from him this year 😥
  • Options
    I love pineapple on pizza and I never get Hawaiian I just add it to my normal toppings. Fruit 100% belongs in all the salads! And we cut down our own tree every year, we were going to fake this year and our 7yo started crying so we decided we'll keep up the tradition lol. 

• Options
    I'm also a fan of mango in sushi, or salad, but I've never tried, and have no interest in fruit on pizza.
    This restaurant I went to once had a sushi dessert. It was chocolate and banana wrapped in nori, and rice, and then deep fried. It was served with chocolate syrup instead of soy sauce. I was skeptical, but my sister and I decided why not try it, and ordered it to share. I still think about it, and wish I could have it again, but it was a specialty item, and not on the menu the next time we went back.
  • Options
    brynn_mamaof4brynn_mamaof4 member
    edited November 2020
    Im late to the party here but I love pineapple on my pizza and fruit in my salad 😂 and grilled pineapple with my chicken and on burgers... yum. Pineapple belongs with meat! 

I only get pineapple pizza now when I’m alone because my fiancé is a party pooper and is the worst to get pizza with. He was born and raised in Brooklyn so he is a total pizza snob lol. Every pizza is wrong, except when we go back where his family now lives in Long Island... to Joe’s Pizza lol. There is one acceptable place here in Indiana for him and it’s a by then slice type of pizza place. 

(Joe’s does have a “grandma style” pizza though which I really love!)

I on the other hand love a good deep dish Detroit or Chicago style pizza! Pretty much any pizza though. Thin is my least fav however... 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    BTW what does UO mean? I don’t know what most of the abbreviations here are 🙈
  • Options
    @brynn_mamaof4 it's for Unpopular Opinion!
  • Options
    @mimser ah I was thinking maybe it was Unhelpful Opinion Lol but that makes more sense ☺️