March 2021 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Rocking Chairs/Gliders

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions about, S+TMs to share their prior experience with, and everyone to share what they're eyeing in the world of maternity, baby and postpartum products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week we're discussing rocking chairs/gliders!

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to navigate and respond to.

For S+TMs: 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favorite brands/stores/styles:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like and don't like about it:
  • Are there brands/stores/styles you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Are there brands/stores/styles you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts on rocking chairs/gliders?:

For FTMs:

• Brands/stores/styles you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions for S+TMs?:

To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrF0iah5XaJFdFTHzNVcIEq4ujZTwq_j1bG9W-bovNs/edit#gid=0 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight: Rocking Chairs/Gliders

• Options
    I never purchased a rocking chair/glider for DS. STMs - is it worth it? I used a yoga ball and at one point DS couldn’t fall asleep without the bouncing motion. I want to avoid that this time around! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't have a rocker but we have an oversized one and a half seater couch (from Crate & Barrel I think, it was a hand me down. We never would've spent that much on a couch).  It's the most comfortable couch ever.  I used it mostly in the middle of the night to settle him down and for bottle and story time before bed.  We used it until we got DS a twin bed and now we do story time there.  Having a comfortable place to sit and read or feed is a definitely nice to have but I don't think it specifically needs to rock, glide or recline. 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have an antique rocking chair in our nursery, but I didn’t use it until my son was much older. I prefer to spend time in my living room!! We have a huge comfy sectional which combined with a good nursing pillow is heaven. We keep the yoga ball upstairs in the living room for those really fussy nights if needed. 
  • Options
    I've asked my parents for a Canadian glider because I really want one and for my sister at least they bought her crib and we were gifted one already. I know mom is upset that she couldn't do the same so I asked for that. I know they'll do a good job tracking one down. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020

We got one of these Poang chairs from Ikea and I LOVE it. I go in his room just to hang out and relax lol. It's not a rocker, but has a nice bounce.
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Options
    We had a glider for our first, which we used but not a ton. For our second, we had a hand-me-down rocking recliner. It takes up a lot of space in the nursery and doesn't look as nice, but has been AMAZING. I rocked and nursed him in it as an infant, slept in it some nights that we was up frequently, and now read bedtime stories in it. 
  • Options
    We're getting a hand-me-down glider from my SiL that I originally bought her when her first baby was born, so it's all coming full circle. We're waiting for the dresser to arrive to see how much room we have to see if we can get a second comfy chair in the room for MH. (#twinparentproblems :D ) Otherwise he has a really comfy armchair in our bedroom that he could always use separately, and I assume we'll use it during the early days a ton. The arms are nice and high and supportive. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    I got a Best Chair rocker/recliner from BabiesRus before they went out of business and I absolutely love it. I still rock my daughter before bed every night. I was on the fence about spending so much money on a rocker but I’m really glad we did because it’s gotten so much use already. 
  • Options
    We had a glider but literally never used it for DS. I just used our bed to nurse. When we moved him to his own room we had a couch in there that was our story time /bedtime routine couch. 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • Options
    kloe818kloe818 member
    edited November 2020
    So my parents delivered my glider yesterday as a surprise. It's from Best Manufacturing and is built to fit a viking lol. My 6'4" large husband fits comfortably as well as I do at 5'6".