April 2021 Moms
Options

Symptoms w/o 11/16

How far along are you?

How are you feeling this week?

Re: Symptoms w/o 11/16

• Options
    Exhaustion has been my primary symptom this entire pregnancy. I'm starting to have heartburn a couple of times a week, and now that I weaned my 10mo fully, my chest is hurting. But other than that, I feel great! 
  • Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited November 2020
    17 weeks and some days!

Some days I’m still queasy and other days I’m not. I posted in last week’s check in thread last night about my adventures with constipation this week, which I believe is largely due to the zofran I’ve been taking. So I think I’m done with that now 😬 I might go back to Unisom and B6. I’ll talk to the nurse Thursday at my appointment about preventative measures for the constipation. Luckily I’ve started sleeping decently again, and haven’t had long MOTN wakeups for several days now!

ETA corrected where I posted. Pregnancy braaain
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Still having so. much. acid reflux! Doctor today told me to take pepcid as a long term solution and tums as a short term, I need relief right now, solution. Also experiencing some acne on my back and shoulders this week which is grossing me out! But I've felt energized and pretty good in general, so that's good! 
  • Options
    @theblondebump, it's been my experience that the Old Wives Tale about heartburn is accurate.

Three previous babies... 2 with heartburn, one with out. Two with a ton of har, one nearly bald. My last pregnancy had HORRIBLE heartburn from 8w on... Here is his newborn shot.

it stuck off his head in a mowhawk until he was three months old! 

• Options
    haha omg so much hair! @aisukurimsarang
  • Options
    18 weeks 
    Feeling mostly okay, I’ve had a little bit more
    energy, but also have been really busy so exhausted from non pregnancy related reasons. Some heartburn, but not like with my first pregnancy. Hemorrhoids have been a (not so) fun surprise this time around though!
  • Options
    I’m still having issues. I am taking the Miralax and go from feeling constipated in the morning to then having diarrhea at night. 🤦🏻‍♀️ The nurse I spoke to today (when I was still feeling backed up this morning) said I could add in Colace. But then I end up going too much and wonder if I need it?

And then I suddenly remembered what happens when I take medicine to help with digestion, thanks to my IBS. Or at least when I’m not pregnant anyways. I don’t even know the last time I took Imodium, because whenever it was it was probably like a week before I could poop again. My family passed around a short-lived stomach bug a couple years ago - the girls each had diarrhea for a day and I had it for 6 or 7 days. It’s like anything digestion related is just super elevated with me. I so took for granted how my IBS went away in previous pregnancies. It seems almost like this one has made it worse. I don’t even know what to do anymore. 

Sorry for the long rant about poop. I am just sick of feeling bad and I’m exhausted and getting depressed about it. 
  • Options
    ugh I'm sorry @bblair24 - that sounds awful! :( 
  • Options
    @bblair24 ugh that definitely sounds like IBS rearing it's ugly head! I hope things even out for you soon!
  • Options
    @bblair24 I’m sorry you’re having such a rough time. I remember that was such a (terrible) shocker for my with my 1st pregnancy. You expect your boobs and stomach to have collateral damage with pregnancy but I didn’t expect my digestive system and butt to also be included on that list. It was particularly terrible post c-section to the point that I made sure via tons of Dulcolax and fiber were staples last time around and it was (mostly) better. 
  • Options
    I hear y’all on the constipation and hemorrhoids 😫 I’ve been trying to drink a cup of prune juice every morning and every evening and it seems to be helping somewhat. I’m on restricted activity for short cervix/bleeding and I’m so afraid that straining on the toilet is going to make it worse. Having flash backs to the nightmare postpartum poops!
  • Options
    @theletlers oh gosh, hemorrhoids are the worst! I actually was put on bed rest with my third because I had a thrombose hemorrhoid and any amount of sitting or standing was painful. Luckily it didn't happen until 36 weeks or so, but it was awful!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thank you for all the support everyone ❤️ I skipped the Miralax today - I was still having diarrhea today and I’m crampy from it. I have my appointment tomorrow (hallelujah) and am going to discuss this with them. I looked up some Miralax reviews and every 5th or 6th person said they took just a few doses of it and had diarrhea and cramps for weeks. I’m reallllyyy hoping it doesn’t last that long for me. I can’t take Imodium or anything, or I don’t want to, because then I’ll just be extremely stopped up again. I’m being careful with what I eat and praying that I can get through my anatomy scan and appointment without needing to run out tomorrow. 
  • Options
    good luck tomorrow! @bblair24

• Options
    @bblair24 I'm sorry! It's lose/lose for you right now. I hope you doctor has some suggestions!! 

I'm 19 + 3 today and feeling pretty good. My constipation came back so i'm taking miralax, but for the most part my heart burn went away (i'm sure temporarily). Baby is definitely getting stronger, i'm feeling actual kicks instead of flutters now. This little girl is like her mama, she loves sweets and goes crazy after I eat ice cream  :D

@theblondebump i started getting acne on my back last week and was pretty disappointed haha. My last pregnancy I got it on the back of my neck, and it was the most painful acne I've ever had! So now i'm just praying it stays tame. 

• Options
    @theblondebump I don’t really have the back acne, but I’ve grown some lovely belly hair this time around; it’s even a nice noticeable shade of dark brown like my head! 
    @cagncoo12 we are complete opposites on cravings! I don’t really care very much about desserts and eat them far less often than I did before baby. But I want basically everything else, especially salty and savory foods!
  • Options
    @theblondebump The heartburn is so intense for me too.  I need to get some of those yummier Tums, the smoothie kind.  Then it kinda feels like you get to eat candy when it's bad instead of those chalky things.

@bblair24 Hope you feel better soon :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We sure get to put up with some lovely things from our bodies during pregnancy, huh ladies?! 
  • Options
    Heartburn has now fully kicked in for me. I csnt say I'm surprised, but I'm definitely not happy about it. Oh, well. Last pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I’m not at the point now where I get my plate set for dinner and I get incredibly full half way through. I feel like this usually hits me way later than where I am now but I can’t get over how uncomfortable I am.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited November 2020
    @pelorunningmama oh man, me too! Not every meal yet, just every now and then. Last night I was stuuuuffed after eating just a little bit. It took me all night to recover and to feel like I could breathe again. 😂
  • Options
    @pelorunningmama, me three. Sucks. 
  • Options
    Anyone else getting Braxton Hicks yet? I feel like it’s too early for this! I mostly get them at night or in the morning when I’m laying in bed. Thinking maybe a full bladder triggers it? Always seems to be when I have to pee!
  • Options
    @jenn622-2, they started a couple of days ago, usually when she's turning...and a full bladder. So intense, put HUGE pressure on said full bladder. I guess because it's the 4th go round? 
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang that sounds just like how it happens for me. I’m never quite sure if she is moving and pushing against my belly or a contraction. I would think at this point they still have lots of room to move so it must be a contraction. Not painful just a lot of pressure and my belly feels hard as a rock for a couple minutes. I usually just get up and pee and they seem to stop.
  • Options
    @jenn622-2 yes, and at the same time - when I have to pee! I’ve been feeling it for a couple weeks now and thought I was crazy haha. I felt it early with DD2, so I suppose it makes sense to feel them even earlier this time around! 
  • Options
    @jenn622-2 I’m glad you asked! I wanted to but was like, nah that can’t be it. I felt my first kick this morning but have had what seemed like Braxton Hicks for a few weeks. I was also considering it could be her doing somersaults because it’s just like pressure and kind of takes my breath away. But if I couldn’t feel kicks I wouldn’t think I’d feel somersaults either. 
  • Options
    @jenn622-2 @aisukurimsarang @bblair24 @forevertired +5 for the Braxton Hicks already!  This is my second pregnancy and I swear they started around 16 weeks - I don't remember having them until much, much later with DD1 and even then, I wasn't entirely sure what they were. They feel stronger this time around.  Also, mine usually happen after a workout or after sex. I know they are normal and harmless, but still a bit nerve wracking! I can see my stomach balling up from the outside even.  Glad to hear many others are also feeling them this soon!

• Options
    @pelorunningmama @bblair24 +1 for the early satiety crew! I have drastically cut my portions because I get full so fast, and if I keep eating I will be very, very sorry.