Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving?

Re: All Due Date Checkin w/o 11/16

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18w3d, April 16, but will have an eviction date around April 9.

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Tribble from Star Trek, or a Tall Frap with Whipped Cream

Upcoming appointments: Nov 16, Anatomy Scan. Dec 2, 20w OB

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. The end. 

Rants/Raves: I'm OK for now. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving? GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE!!!! 

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 29; 16+4

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado

Upcoming appointments: Friday for 16-week appt

How are you feeling?: I feel pretty good! Just worried about weight gain, but trying to be kind to myself; I'm exercising regularly and eating well so I guess it's just meant to happen. But I'm not looking forward to this appt because I'm sure they're going to lecture me.

Rants/Raves: Just fearful about not feeling as much movement! I feel like there was a ton last week and now I hardly feel anything. Trying not to freak out, but it's scary.

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving? Stuffing drowned in gravy!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17w0d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate, as tall as a box of tissues

Upcoming appointments: OB next Tuesday

How are you feeling?: Mostly ok. Still tired, having some increasing heartburn. Still some intermittent nausea/vomiting. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I'm not feeling a lot of convincing movement. I think I remember the tech saying my placenta was anterior at my NT scan, and it's my first so maybe that is why? I have PGAL brain though, so I go between being excited to hear the HB again and being afraid they wont find one. Rave: I'm on vacation next week!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving? This is hard, because I love all Thanksgiving food, but it's probably between cornbread dressing and cranberry sauce. Or green bean casserole. Gah I can't choose!

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/1 due date, will be out no later than 4/23 with rcs; 16 +2 today

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan 12/1

How are you feeling?: I’m in rough shape  my lower back (spine) hurts already from an injury that I had years ago, and my pelvis is already starting to get sore.  I’m in so much trouble, it’s only week 16.

Rants/Raves: Rave: I got to meet our new puppy yesterday!  She is 4 weeks old and so, so cute.  We can bring her home the weekend of 12/12. Rave: I have three communications to get out to the sales team at work this week and I hate, hate, hate doing those so much.

Questions: Anyone else’s pelvis sore already??

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving? ALLLL the stuffing. 

@bbrahmbhatt I took next week off, too!  I can’t wait. 

@riff323 I don’t feel much of anything either, and it’s hard to know if it’s really the baby with my terrible diet. 

@aisukurimsarang green bean casserole is at the bottom of my list - we have it sitting in our fridge as leftovers and I am not touching it. 

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/22, I’m 17 weeks and some change 

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd baby! 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: today the baby is the height of a Hershey bar, which would taste really good right now

Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan on Thursday! 🥳

How are you feeling?: still queasy some days, other days are fine. Otherwise just tired! 

Rants/Raves: Like others, I’m anxious to feel the baby move. I feel crazy because I should know by now what movement feels like, but it’s just been hard to discern this time. It makes me a bit anxious, and Thursday feels like a year away right now!

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving? Hmm this one’s tough! Probably either the stuffing or my aunt’s green bean casserole. We won’t have that this year due to our limited gathering. I also love cranberry sauce too! My kids pretty much devour that, so I don’t usually eat much of it 😂

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: #3

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: mango 

Upcoming appointments: genetics call on Wednesday to get NIPT

How are you feeling?: good!

Rants/Raves: kind of annoyed.... they found two soft markers, one for DS and one for Tri18. A CPC and EIF. Because I didn’t get genetics testing in the first trimester they may not let me get a NIPT, but the dr is pushing it at the same time... just confused, not worried. My first had a CPC found and no concern. This babe has two soft markers so they want a blood test to show nothing wrong, but at the same time not cover the $500 cost...

Questions: anyone eles had a CPC and EIF found?

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving? Turkey and gravy 

• Options
    @BuckeyeNut05, Yes on the pelvis. I figure it's because I'd so recently started given birth. So, my body is like sure! Let me separate again. 
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 I have pelvis pain too, and I don't remember this from my last pregnancy so it really sucks! Sitting down is what hurts the most for me. I just keep stretching and moving - it at least helps mentally! I'm wondering if this baby is sitting lower.
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I had an anterior placenta with DS (my first) and I didn't feel ANY movement until around 22wk and that was sporadic at best. At every check up my ob kept losing his HB on the doppler because he was so active. She was surprised how long it took for me to feel him. It's hard not to worry, but you're not odd for not feeling movement yet.

@BuckeyeNut05 +1 for the sore/achey pelvis, but I also have a history of significant hip problems so I knew this was coming earlier than I would like. Although, this is much earlier than I started hurting with DS.. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/6; 20wk today

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: I think I've finally committed to team green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A banana

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy Scan tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Tired AF.. achey back and pelvis, but otherwise pretty decent. Finally noticing a big difference with my meds, too.

Rants/Raves: Rant: If my MIL gives me crap one more time about being team green again I am going to flip. All she cares about is if it's another boy. She doesn't like girls, didn't want any daughters, doesn't want any granddaughters.. Like, why can't you just be happy you get to be a grandmother at all?     Rave: I finally feel like myself again. I think my meds have leveled out and I no longer feel like I am completely drowning. Whatever anxiety, worry, anger, etc. I feel is completely manageable now instead of debilitating. I feel like I can breathe again and its SO nice. 

Questions: Any other STM+ moms deal with fear of a new baby negatively impacting your bond with your other child(ren) or worried you may not love another as much? My son and I are SO bonded and attached to one another and I love him more than I ever thought possible. It almost makes me sad to think about sacrificing (for lack of a better term at the moment..) time with him to bond with the new baby or that I may not want to bond with the new baby or love it as much as him. I feel like thats kind of an odd hormone-induced ramble, but hopefully someone else at least gets what I am trying to say even if no one else feels the same.

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving? My mom's homemade apple crisp, yummmmm

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 your MIL sounds terrible. I can't stand women who hate other women. I'm glad your meds are working well for you! When I first got pregnant, I cried a lot thinking about how I would be "neglecting" DD when the new baby came, or that I was somehow betraying her by having another (and she and I are not even closely bonded!), but then I came up with a very zen mantra that made me feel better: My love is limitless.
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17 + 4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate

Upcoming appointments: none until anatomy scan 12/7

How are you feeling?: not bad!

Rants/Raves: I'm so excited about the vaccine developments.  If all goes well, by the time our babies are born vaccines will be available to the general population.  It's been a long year and I'm ready to stop being so isolated.

Questions: I wouldn't call it pelvic pain, but I've been really sore down there.  *TMI* It's kinda like after having sex for too long you get all sore?  Except all the time.  And when we do have sex I am intensely sore.  I don't remember this happening last time... anyone else?

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving?  I can't believe how many of you chose green bean casserole!  That is my least favorite Thanksgiving dish.  My favorite is probably cranberry sauce or stuffing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 I definitely had those concerns when I was pregnant with DD2. I was worried that DD1 would feel neglected and that I’d miss out on time with her. There were definitely some rough moments in the beginning. But as they started getting older and closer together, I realized how much THEY love each other and I felt like we really did DD1 a favor by having DD2! As far as loving the new baby as much as your son, it will happen. I remember feeling the same way, like what if the new baby just felt like a burden instead of a little person that I’d love as much as our original little person? But that all changed when she was born. I felt like my capacity to love got even bigger. Hopefully that makes sense. I’m also hormonally rambling. 😂
  • Options
    @riff323 MIL really is a nice person and she does a lot to help up, but dear god, her preference for boys over girls..... I seriously think if I have a girl she will show favoritism to the two grandsons over her. *eyeroll*

@bblair24 I think we're on the same rambling hormonal train lol Its comforting to know I'm not alone feeling this way though. And that it will likely pass and having another will be a good thing for all of us.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18 weeks today

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd time mom

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: artichoke

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on 11/27

How are you feeling?: grumpy. fat. otherwise okay though.

Rants/Raves: sorry, only rants today I guess. I have been having such a hard time lately. I never get any time to myself and DD is driving me insane. The weekends are so challenging because we can't really go anywhere/do anything so we are just stuck at home, making each other crazy. She is so emotional and every little thing sets off a temper tantrum and I just have zero patience for it. She'll be 4 in January...someone tell me some kind of switch is going to flip and the tantrums will stop! 3 has been such a tough year for her, and covid has made dealing with it as a parent extremely rough. All of the things I would normally do to let off steam are either very difficult or straight up impossible because of covid. Bottom line though I guess is that I need to get back on some kind of anxiety/anti depressants. I've been off them for 3 months now but I am really having a hard time with the irritability and anger.

Questions: Anyone else currently taking antidepressants? I have so many mixed feelings about it. My psychiatrist and OB have told me several times that some of them are considered safe but I just feel like such a failure for having to go back on it. I know I shouldn't, but here we are.

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving? All the carbs. I hate turkey and gravy but I love everything else at Thanksgiving! Potatoes (all kinds!!), bread and butter, pies, stuffing, green bean casserole, squash, ALL the foods. 

@mamabee1113 I remember worrying about that when DS was born but it really is such a natural thing that just happens somehow. There's plenty of love to go around. And also SO special when your kiddo bonds with the new baby. You'll be fine!

• Options
    @juliebird6 I am on an antidepressant, and have been since 2018.There are some that are considered "first line" in pregnancy, which have a lot of data and are considered safe. However, there are also "second line" drugs that are safe/no known adverse effects in pregnancy, but do not have as much data as the first line. Your psychiatrist and OB can help get one that works for you and is also safe. You are definitely not a failure for taking medication, and personally I think it makes you brave. You don't have to try to power through it or "tough it out". You have to do what is best for you and your health, because we all know we are better people, and parents, when we are feeling our best. <3 
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 that would be all the more reason for me to stay team green. She can hold her horses, she’ll find out eventually. 

I also had (and have them again!) the same concerns. When we had our last, all we’d ever known was our two girls for the last 6 years. It was scary to know our whole family dynamic would change. It was also rough on the girls once the baby was here since he now had all of the attention, but we adjusted and have a new normal. 

@kadeephd that is pretty much the exact pelvic pain that I have. Usually it doesn’t come until much later, but I think it’s here early since it’s only been 1.5 years since the last one instead of 6 years. 
  • Options
    @juliebird6 I started Zoloft 4 weeks ago. I was in a very dark place, so for me (after talking with my OB of course) it was a no-brainer to start. Zoloft is a first line med like @bbrahmbhatt mentioned, where there is quite a bit of research and the risks are extremely low for any adverse affects to the pregnancy or the baby. It took time, but it has made such a huge difference for me. I think it is definitely worth the conversation with your doctors. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @juliebird6 Here to commiserate about 3 year olds. My son is also turning 4 in January. This is by far my toughest year with him. He was a dream of a baby and young toddler. While he still has his sweet personality, wow is he testing the limits. Throwing, climbing, and just being smart and big enough to get into all kinds of trouble. He just went back to school so we'll see what impact it will have.
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt @mamabee1113 @Lexibizzel Thank you ladies so much. I have been feeling so low about all of it so it's really comforting to know I'm not alone - regarding meds, dealing with my 3 year old, etc.  <3
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:4/20, 18 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: 4t’M

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I think I read onion.,.

Upcoming appointments: 12/2 anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: so tired. And still getting headaches. I’m so thankful my ob said I can take ibuprofen in second tri because it is the only thing that helps me.

Rants/Raves: I think I may have an anterior placenta again because I’m not feeling baby much. An occasional wiggle but nothing definitive. Since it is my fourth I thought I would be feeling him all the time by now.

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving? All the sides. I am actually pretty pumped about our meal next week.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  17 weeks and change

FTM/STM/STM+:  STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Pomegranate

Upcoming appointments:  anatomy scan early December

How are you feeling?:  TIRED and fat, but that's more related to work being insanely busy and working late/not having time to exercise than being pregnant...

Rants/Raves:  Rant: COVID on the rise. Goes without saying why that's a rant, especially around the holidays. We've followed the rules since March and have been really careful, despite push back and awkwardness with family (read: in-laws). Our plan was to spend Thanksgiving with my immediate family (just parents and siblings who live together and quarantining together) but the rising numbers and pressure to cancel plans has my stomach in knots

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving?  As my handle name would suggest, mashed potatoes!!  Scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes...give me all the spuds! 

@kadeephd @BuckeyeNut05 I never knew it was called 'pelvic pain' or even pregnancy related, but what you described is exactly what I experienced over the weekend. It was a couple hours after sex so I just thought it was sex related; it felt 'sore', and exactly how I felt with my first period 4 months postpartum with DD. (I'm not sure why my first period postpartum was so sore, but that's again how I felt this weekend).  Any idea why this would be period postpartum and/or pregnancy related??  I definitely don't remember it with DD during pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @juliebird6 @Lexibizzel the age of three definitely sucks. Four is much better, but the tantrums and trying behavior is still lingering. I just feel like they make up for it at four because they do so many funny things and are easier to take out in public!
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang I thought people were being dramatic when they called kids "threenagers." Then DD turned 3 and I was like, "Ohhhh..."
  • Options
    @rexnie omg that sounds so stressful. I am glad everything turned out ok! 
  • Options
    @babygirl7892002 no experience, but I'm sorry you're going through the stress and potential high cost. I hope you have clarity soon.
  • Options
    Going in for a NIPT this week and praying for a negative results! 
  • Options
    @Rexnie oh my goodness, so scary. I'm glad to hear everything is ok!

@babygirl20210410 thinking positive thoughts for negative results!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @pelorunningmama @bbrahmbhatt thank you! I'm so glad it's behind us.
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 4/16+2

FTM/STM/STM+: 4tm

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: grande coffee

Upcoming appointments: had one last week... waiting for mfm to call to schedule my as

How are you feeling?: pregnancy-wise I am good. In a major mental funk right now and having trouble shaking it. 

Rants/Raves: I started feeling baby move this week which is the best feeling. I had an anterior placenta with my 1st and 3rd and didn't feel those guys til 21-22 weeks, so its so nice to feel this one a little earlier.

Questions: none

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving? Honestly Thanksgiving food is not my fav... prob the desserts 😂

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19 + 3

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: As tall as a peanut butter jar! 

Upcoming appointments: Monday anatomy scan and last appointment with my current OB  :'(

How are you feeling?: Fine. All I want to do is eat ice cream and chocolate. 

Rants/Raves: I'm starting to make up the weight I lost in my first trimester which is good I supposed. Hard to watch the numbers go up, but I keep reminding myself I'm growing a human being! 

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving? Stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy. Basically all the sides! 

It's nice to read everyone's comments about 2nd time mom guilt and dealing. There are days I look at DD1 and it makes me so sad that things are going to change. But then I think about the future and how I can't wait to see my girls play together and love each other (hopefully)! 

• Options
    @cagncoo12 I've definitely shed some tears thinking about how short this time with my son as our only kid has been.  I know it will be good to have another baby but it's hard to face time passing anyway.  As cliche as it sounds, they really do grow so fast :'(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 @emeraldisle17 I didn't realize this was called pelvic pain either!  Well I guess it's nice to know we aren't alone.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ok so admittedly I have no idea what it’s supposed be called, that’s just the words I used to describe it. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @eahayes how did I miss that you don’t like Thanksgiving food?!  Omg, an eating holiday, it is my favorite!
  • Options
    @rexnie omg that must have been so stressful! I am so glad it is all ok!
  • Options
    @kadeephd @cagncoo12 totally feeling you on the sadness of losing time with my first child and sad for the change that is coming, but also excited for the future when they play together and baby's presence adds to our family. I'm lucky this group has so many STMs in it!
  • Options

@BuckeyeNut05 bleeeeehhhhh I'm all about 4th of July for eating-- give me all the hot dogs and potato salad and watermelon! This turkey and stuffing is so blah. Also hate that we have to wait all day to eat. I'm a total Thanksgiving grinch!