July 2021 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/16

• Coffee is already losing its luster and I was only able to drink about half of it this morning. This is going to be another looong pregnancy without it. 😑
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat last night for whatever reason I just couldn’t even think about eating the dinosaur chicken nuggets I made for dinner. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @nopegoat @daisy528 Nothing sounds bad to me just yet, but I can't get enough Cheetos. 
  • @daisy528 it's always the good, easy stuff that goes isn't it?!

cammie0526 I'm currently on a cheese ravioli kick. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • For the first time in 2 weeks, I could eat today so I had like 5 mini bowls of corn chowder. Winning! 

(And then a part of me is like wait why am I not nauseous?!?) 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I gagged brushing my teeth this morning and it made me really mad. No real food issues yet but feel that they are coming after that episode. 
  • @nopegoat I’m with you on the coffee 😭. My morning latte is what gets me through the early mornings (my son wakes up before dawn), and this last week I’ve been barely able to stomach the thought of it. I’ve been able to have it if my husband makes it (so I don’t have to smell it while making it).
  • Sorry for all of you having aversions!
    @nopegoat ugh no coffee 😩
    @daisy528 ha I had chicken nuggets for lunch

My 1.5 yo had an evaluation for speech through Early Intervention this morning. She qualifies bc she doesn’t talk 😂 like zero words, and no initiating signs. She’ll do some imitating though. She was in speech starting just after she turned 1 but we moved out of state so starting all over. After the eval I took my kids to a nature center that had some animals, a really cute playground, and some huts they could play in. I finally got my act together and started cloth diapering my kids again! I have a migraine and my husband isn’t done working 👎

The tests I got my positives on we’re all expired so I bought new ones today just in case. I am quite pregnant 😂 I am also changing my due date bc I know when we DTD and when I ovulated, and it puts me at 7/20 vs 7/24.

• Forgot to ask in my last post - is anyone else on Zoloft this pregnancy? 

• Wowzers @DuchessOfCambridge! Quite the dye stealer you got there - maybe more than one in there?!
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I am. I’m on 50mg a day. Less than 250mg is safe during pregnancy. Especially with covid numbers rising and being pgal, I can’t imagine not being in it. My ob said that it would be unsafe to take me off of it because I need to be in a good place mental health wise to be able to care for myself, the unborn baby and my 4 year old. 
  • @daisy528 while twins are a blessing, I really freaking hope not 😂

@marikkita12 good to know about the 250! I’m currently on 100 and feeling good about it. I agree, this is not the time to get off and I definitely like the person I am better when I’m taking it

• @DuchessOfCambridge holy smokes! That dye stealer! 😍
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Currently drinking a decaf earl grey tea and it is divine, for all those who are turned off coffee!   I had ONE bag left as I drank this every evening during my last pregnancy - must go buy more! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @canucklehead123 ooohhh I didn’t even know decaf earl grey was a thing! I’m definitely going to have to look into that. 
  • @canucklehead123 earl grey with lavender honey and milk 😍 London Fogs are my favorite tea drink!

• Yesssss I’m on that earl grey tea train too 🚂 Just ordered decaf today!
  • @DuchessOfCambridge, I LOVE London Fogs. I can't get them here and I'm so sad. I miss drinking it so much. And obviously I haven't been motivated enough to make myself one lol.

Spicy Chai has also helped with nausea too for me. I love tea as I don't drink coffee. 

• @AKuzReve oooh you just gave me a spicy chai craving!! 
    So we can rename this thread to weekly tea appreciation 😂!?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @akuzreve tell me more about this spicy chai! My latest fave from Starbucks is the iced chai with pumpkin cold foam, so spicy chai sounds interesting!!
  • FFC: I don't like tea or coffee. Please don't kick me out! :) 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge oohh you’re making me want a London Fog now! I might have to stop on the way home from work for one, I have a 20% off a hot drink burning a hole in my pocket anyway!
  • @DuchessOfCambridge @pharmd93 I am intrigued about this London Fog? Is it a starbucks drink? I am trying to find good options for hot drinks at night (i get nervous about herbal teas because of all kinds of inconclusive info especially in first tri). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Phew! This morning was an emotional one for sure. Was up at 2:30 waiting to hear of my husband advanced or not. Finally found out at 7:20. He advanced, Huge deal. Called family to let them know, and when talking to my step MIL found out that a month ago they lost their house to a fire, and this morning my FIL (husbands dad) was rushed to the ER, intubated, and life flighted to another hospital. He thankfully is stable now, still intubated, and his rapid covid test came back positive. All those emotions on top of being newly pregnant and I’m ready to crawl back in bed and pretend today didn’t happen.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • @karacc18 it’s basically just earl grey tea and steamed milk. Some places add lavender to it which is delightful. I’ve gotten them from Starbucks before but they’re kind of hit and miss whether they’re good or not. The best ones I’ve had are from locally owned places. 
  • Also, @riansmommie that definitely sounds like a crazy day. Congrats on the advancement and I hope everything turns out well with your FIL. 
  • @karacc18 yup, Starbucks does have them. They might call them an earl grey latte if they don’t know what you mean when you say London Fog haha. I have had better ones other places but I certainly enjoy the Starbucks ones also!

• DP - does anyone else drink black tea with milk? I always need to have milk in it 

• @riansmommie I'm glad to hear your FIL is stable. I hope he recovers quickly and without too much lasting damage. Congrats to your hubby.

@DuchessOfCambridge there is no other way to drink tea! Nothing like a good English Breakfast tea with some milk (not cream) and a bit of sugar. I lived in London for a semester and bought a box of regular EB tea and one box of decaf EB tea so I could have a cup of tea before bed without filling my body with caffeine. Currently I have no desire for any hot drinks whatsoever even though I'm cold all the time

• @riansmommie Wow, what an emotional day indeed. Congratulations on your husband's advancement! What a scary situation with your FIL. Glad he's stable now and hope he has a quick recovery.
  • @daisy528, spicy chai is sooo good. I usually just make it myself at home but I also love chai lattes. 

@DuchessOfCambridge, oat milk in all my tea unless it’s specifically herbal and I’m drinking it for a specific reason. 

• @riansmommie, I’m so sorry! What a crazy day. I hope your FIL makes a speedy recovery. 

• @riansmommie that sounds like such a whirlwind of a day. Congrats to your DH, but I hope your ILs are doing ok. Between a fire and a Covid hospital stay that sounds awful!
  • @DuchessOfCambridge @AKuzReve yes oat milk in my black tea too! I’ll have it plain  once in awhile tho.
  • This won’t sound good to those who can’t handle coffee rn but my current favorite coffee drink is a spoonful of instant coffee and some sugar, put a little water in and mix to make it into a syrup, then fill the rest of the glass with oat milk. So good 😍

• @DuchessOfCambridge did you try the whipped coffee back during quarantine that went viral?? So good!
  • Told the in laws and my mom I’m pregnant. 

In laws: we’re thrilled and sooo excited!!! 

My mom: that’s terrible. I mean, congrats. 

🙃🙃 I expected no less but damn. Harsh. According to her DS should be an only child for 4-5 years. 🧐🙄

• @akuzreve sounds like my mom. We are waiting to tell them until Christmas, but she has always said I should be done at two.🙄🙄
  • @AKuzReve this sounds like my mom too! When I told her I was pregnant with my oldest son, she said "This is a terrible time for me to become a grandparent." With baby #2 it was, "this one better be a girl." This time she said it was exciting and then said that I have gained too much weight to be safely pregnant and that she can't wait for my brother to have a baby  :| I am glad that it sounds like you have supportive and excited in laws