May 2021 Moms

Symptoms Thread 11/14

How are you guys doing?

Re: Symptoms Thread 11/14

• I've been feeling good. I woke up early today like at 4 am and just couldn't go back to sleep, I hope this won't keep going.

Also my lips were super dry yesterday, they were cracking. I'm pretty sure I drink enough water so I'm assuming it's a pregnancy thing 🤷‍♀️

Today I had a hard time eating big meals, not nauseous, but just feel full fast.
  • Loading the player...
  • So, I feel like 2-3 time in the last week I saw some white spots on my nipples, like tiny bits of discharge, or I suppose colostrum? I also felt like my robe was a little damp in that area too once or twice. Anybody else? I'm 13w5d.
  • @mimser I never actually leaked in my first pregnancy but do remember the white spots, like thick white dots at each milk duct. I could never figure out what to do about it because they didn’t dissolve in a hot shower or anything, but eventually I rubbed coconut oil on my nipples in the shower and they dissolved away.
  • is anyone else suffering from intense acne?? funny because pre-pregnancy i never really did and now my face looks like a pepperoni pizza.  i know there are so many products to avoid using, so it makes me feel like there's nothing?

my face wash (i use Belli because its pregnancy safe) is clearly no match for this!
  • @asf0613 I had horrrrrible horrible acne and bacne last pregnancy and have somehow avoided it this time. I would say talk to your OB about what is safe to use because when I eventually did, I wished I had used something earlier because my OB seemed to think topical products are pretty low risk 🤷🏻‍♀️
    If you are dealing with cystic acne, using colloidal bandaids at night works wonders 👌🏻
  • @asf0613 not on my face so much but my bacne is out of control right now!
  • definitely going to ask OB when i go next week---i have a little on back and chest but NOTHING like my face, ugh!!!
  • @gusgus I’ve used Acnefree brand body spray and it’s sticky but works pretty well, I would just use it at night. It’s a mix of glycolic acid and salicylic acid. 
  • @mimser yup, usually about 12 weeks or so with my first two pregnancies. But after DD2, I never really stopped lactating. Weird, but true. Nothing crazy, but definitely lactating for the last 9 years 😬. I would’ve made a great wet nurse back in the day! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• For all of y'all suffering with acne, have you tried witch hazel toner?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @yellingbanana same! I can still squeeze a drop of milk to my nipple 😂😂🤷🏼‍♀️ I always said I could feed a village of children with how much I produce, knock on wood. 
  • @mimser I do remember leaking some with my daughter but it was usually a little later on. I am still nursing her now but thankfully haven't had any random letdowns. 

I feel like crap again. I can't tell if it's pregnancy related or if I am possibly sick. I am back to zero energy and I am getting horrendous headaches every day. 

• Today I've had the worst food aversions this pregnancy. Some weird carb issue. This mornings oatmeal, lunchs rice, tonight's pasta. Maybe they were a little soggy, but I could barely swallow them. Had to swallow with water for every bite. I shouldn't complain, I don't get morning sickness.