February 2021 Moms
Options

FFFC 11/13

What’s your flame on this Friday the 13th?

Re: FFFC 11/13

• Options
    The old white dudes at work yesterday who looked at me like I was a psycho for wearing a mask near them and wanting to take separate vehicles. I get it that you think this is "just the flu" and "everyone's overreacting" but what part of "I'm gonna lose it if I can't meet my first baby after she's born because they're too busy carting me off to an isolation ward" do you not understand.
  • Options
    @hanfam2021 how annoying!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hanfam2021 THIS. If I or my H or DS gets Covid or even gets exposed right before birth, I won’t be able to give birth on the L&D floor. I’ll have to give birth in an isolation room with no support person, and none of the “amenities” of L&D.  Then who knows if I’ll even be able to see my baby. I’m glad I live in a state where masks are mandatory anywhere indoor plus outside if you can’t maintain 6 feet. Since they’ve been mandatory from the beginning, it seems people in my state have just gotten used to it and very few complain. 
  • Options
    I'm super judging my mother right now. We were planning to have a get together this weekend with my brother, but someone took it upon herself to go have lunch, in a restaurant that's open against the governor's executive order, without masks, with our relatives that flew in from a large city, via the airport in another in another large city earlier this week. I was considering not going anyways, but this seriously sealed the deal for me. I'm a HR PGAL and my brother and SIL are undergoing IF treatments and TTCAL and we all take it super seriously but apparently she doesn't. She asked me about coming to our MFM appt next week but I'm not interested in that either at this point.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited November 2020
    @hannahbananas11 - Sometimes an empty bed can be a guilty pleasure, that's totally okay! :)

Also adding to the COVID thing, we have a co-worker who came into work at least two days sick this week. I "strongly encouraged" her to get a test (something we offer at work for free) but it was a huge pain. She kept making excuses as to why her symptoms weren't COVID and that she didn't need to get tested or stay home. Uh...even if you are COVID-negative, you're still hacking up a lung. We get generous sick time and they'll pay you to stay home while you wait for your results, COVID or not. Stay home. Eventually she gave in, so hopefully she gets the results back over the weekend. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @birdiejo that sounds ideal. My H gets annoyed when I eat in bed because I’m messy and get crumbs everywhere. But I don’t care and do it anyway. 😆

@mdfarmchick yay on being home after your trek! Hopefully it’s a smooth bedtime soon and then you can really relax!
  • Options
    Not a FFC but I’m curious as to why different regulations in hospitals.
    ACOG recommendations are not to separate mom & baby if mom is positive for covid. They’re not enforcing that in my area and we have the most amount of positives than ever before.  
    We have had lots of moms test positive incidentally upon admission to L&D and they were still allowed to have one support person and delivery in a pressurized room. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going through a small container of nutella like every 3 days 😳🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    @rubyroux_89 I guess my FFFC is that I’ve never had Nutella. I had a nut allergy for a loooong time, so I always avoided it. Now that I’ve grown out of it, I just don’t have a desire to try it (yet).
  • Options
    @roadspeckle a friend who works in the hospital (and did several weeks on COVID floors) was the one who told me that Covid+ moms go to the Covid floor. I’m sure it depends on the hospital, but that seems to be the consensus around here. They don’t want to risk the Covid negative moms and babies by putting a positive case on the floor.
    I did hear about the ACOG recommendation NOT to separate moms and babies but that also doesn’t mean hospitals have to follow that. (Although they should)