February 2021 Moms
Options

The Transition Thread

As we get closer to Thanksgiving, how does everyone want to transition outta here? Let’s discuss things like when, where, who, how. 

Re: The Transition Thread

• Options
    I’m fine with whatever. My last group moved to fb quickly. It’s easier for me to keep up with cuz it’s more user friendly for my technology haha but whatever works 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with what has been said. This is my first time around, so interested to hear what others have done, but FB does seem a bit easier to navigate and keep up with. 
  • Options
    Fourthing the FB idea - much more user friendly! :)
  • Options
    My last BMB waited until about the month we were due to switch. Not saying that’s right or wrong that just the only experience I have. I know a lot of ppl (me included) don’t feel comfortable putting birth announcements/pictures on this since it’s a public forum and on the internet forever. Last time I only posted first name, length, weight and did not include a picture. On Facebook we’re a lot more open bc we have a “secret group” (I don’t even think it’s searchable unless you’re in it?). But also runs the risk of letting in someone who is a creeper. Lots of things to consider. 

I think last time a few people offered to admin it and you sent your Facebook name/link to them and they added you. 
  • Options
    Since this is my first time I'll go along with whatever/whenever we decide to move but Facebook does seem a bit easier. Definitely am hesitant to post too much personal info on this public forum. I would still be a little hesitant in the Facebook setting but if we are very selective in who is allowed in the group I think it would be much better! 
  • Options
    So my experience as a past February mom was we moved over the week of Thanksgiving. At the time, it felt right. The group was significantly more active than this one so maybe that’s why it felt like the clear choice at the moment? Not sure. But yeah I dislike this app. Everything takes forever to load and also keep in mind we’ll have to relearn who everyone is once we can see each others names and faces 😂. That took me awhile. Although maybe with the smaller group here it’ll be easier! 

One thing I LOVE about my fb group is that about 85% of the group joined a group chat and it just goes constantly. There is always someone to talk to and something to talk about. This would be nice to have as we near the end of our pregnancies with all the aches and pains, motn wake ups, just all around general complaining and excitement etc. 
  • Options
    @birdiejo I love the chat idea - very useful and people can mute it if they don't want constant notifications!

There is a great mix of FTM / STM+ in this group so there is a lot of experience to be shared! :)
  • Options
    My Aug 17 BMB was huge and had a ton of drama on the board, so we moved to FB pretty quickly to weed everyone out. I know that I don’t have a personal FB account and made one just for that purpose bc it was so much easier than the bump app and since it’s a private group, I felt more comfortable sharing information. I like the idea of maybe starting after Thanksgiving? It is only two weeks away. @birdiejo would you be okay with maybe starting the group on FB since you started the thread? I’d be willing to be an admin if you needed some help  :)
  • Options
    aaimeeaaimee member
    edited November 2020
    My first BMB from 2012 went to fb group and it was nice for a while. We had connected well there for almost 2 yrs. Our first Christmas after our babies were born we did a gift exchange as well as first birthdays via a website (Elfster). We had 30+ active ladies from all over the states and when they decided on meeting in person, those that couldn't go felt pretty distanced from the ones who did. It got a little high school clichy-dramatic so I ended up leaving but did add a few friends before I parted. I still have several of them as friends to this day. 

For my 2015 baby, I never had a group. I tried on here with that BMB and they weren't very active so I just stayed away from TB. I'm glad I'm here now though and can't wait to see where we end up and get to know you all more!
  • Options
    FB is easier and much more applicable for threads and convos. I loved my first BMB group (June 2014) and still have some close friends. I’m game for whenever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 - It was all important information for people to consider, though. Length doesn't matter if it's all substance :)  

I'd say no later than mid-December is a good goal. It'll give us time to transition and get used to the "new normal" before Christmas/New Years'.

Looking at our spreadsheet there's less than 40 listed, less than 20 who did the "follow-up" exercise posted a month or so ago, and I know there's some of those names that I'm not 100% familiar with. Needless to say, I expect it to be a fairly small group in the end.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    I can't even believe you guys can use the bump app! I have to go through my laptop to see anything if I want it to load in under 20 minutes. 
  • Options
    @hanfam2021 - I've never been able to use the app - I don't find it user-friendly at all. I am either on my PC or logged in through the browser on my phone. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @hanfam2021 it really is incredible how bad this app is. You’d think it wouldn’t be too difficult to create a functioning forum space. But I’m not a programmer so maybe it’s really a difficult thing. 🤷‍♀️ But yes, it’s super annoying. I almost didn’t do The Bump this time around because I hated the app’s interface so much with DS. But that Facebook group is now my best mom friends, and I value that so highly that I didn’t want to miss that with this kid. So here I am in spite of the crappy app. 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 and @WildMagelet I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling. I'm even more excited to move now lol
  • Options
    I’m super excited to move. I have to log in to the app every single day. It’s annoying
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I always thought it was just me that had to wait ten years for pages to load. 😂
  • Options
    somehow I’m lucky and my app works ok?  I mean it’s not great but I definitely don’t have to wait super long for things to load. That seems super annoying!  I do have to log in a lot though and it’s definitely not set up very user friendly. 
  • Options
    The past two days the group page on here wouldn’t load on the app and I didn’t have time to go to the website and login that way so agree with the app being super glitchy and annoying. 

Both of my previous groups moved to Facebook and I’m fine with that. I ended up leaving my M18 group because there’s only about 12 people left in the group and no one was really interacting. I have cut way back on my social media time since May. But my A15 group is still going strong over 5 years later and I have met several of them in person. They are probably the main reason I am still on Facebook at this point. 

I hope that I make the cut off. I am finding longer spaces between me checking in here than the previous two times between the app screwing up and having two toddlers this time around. 😌 No hard feelings either way, but it will be easier for me to interact on Facebook for sure. 
  • Options
    I am going to create a Facebook just for this group rather than reactivating my old account because I really don’t want people to know “I’m back” to Facebook. Sooo I might look like a fake account with no friends but it’s just because I’m only making it to still talk to you girls!

okay dumb question, but how do we private message people on here?

I like the idea of having to send a pic of yourself with a sign or something. Weed out the weirdo catfishers. 
  • Options
    Hey! Sounds like Facebook is the consensus and I'm on board. My last BMB did a private bump group first then eventually moved to Proboards. I'm not sure I'm searchable on Facebook but can certainly figure out contacting admins. I think the first half of December would be a good time to move
  • Options
    @babymamadimo you can click on the person's name and there should be an option to send a message. For some reason I don't get notifications when I get a message so I'll randomly click on my "inbox" to check
  • Options
    adorebeladorebel member
    edited November 2020
    My 2016 BMB moved to FB about a month before the first due dates. It was pretty active there for awhile, but now it's more like monthly updates. That said, I actually friended 2 or 3 of the girls from the group, so I see updates on their kids on their pages and keep in touch with them even though the group page has really died down, which is nice.
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Options
    I am not as active on here being it is a pain in the neck to get on, Facebook would be much easier. I still am apart of the group for my DD 2012 and DS 2015, and we are still going strong over on Facebook. The group has gone down to a few people that have actually stuck to it for the long haul, but it’s nice to have a tighter/closer group of mom, Internet friends for support. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @dlbello23 check your PMs
  • Options
    I'm also interested in joining the Facebook group if possible! It's a lot easier for me to keep up on FB - I'm on there like 24/7 lol
  • Options
    I would love to be added to the FB group! I haven’t been super active on here because it’s so dang hard to get on the app from my phone. I’d love to join though :)
  • Options
    Pm sent 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I just got my app working again. I would love to be added to a Facebook group. It would be so much easier to keep up with. 
  • Options
    I would love to be added to the fb group if possible. It has been impossible to keep up on this app! 6 more weeks till baby boy 3 arrives!!!