June 2021 Moms
Options

Black Friday Deals Lookout

Use this space to post any good deals for maternity or baby gear (or anything else the group might be interested in) that you find.  Try and use a hyperlink to avoid enormous url links.  
History and blog link in spoiler
2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
May 2020 FET; BFN
July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

Re: Black Friday Deals Lookout

• Options
    The Motherhood Maternity website says that their sale will be announced soon.  Apparently last year it was 50% off site-wide.  

What To Expect has this page of all current and upcoming maternity related deals: Clicky
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    Last year, we bought the Snoo on Black Friday for 40%. I recommend keeping a look out. 

We LOVED it. It was a lifesaver. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mc0303 I loved my Snoo! We had two, I just sold one. Now I am debating selling the second and buying a new one on sale for the warranty or if we should just hold onto the one we have and sell it when we are done with it. I need to get it down and clean it up though.

Disclaimer for all you that side-eye me after looking at the price on those things, we didn't buy either. The company I worked for when we had DD gifted them to expecting moms. But seriously worth every penny. 

I think they aren't doing discounts above 30% any more, just FYI. But you can order whenever and schedule delivery for up to 6 months out if you go through their website vs Amazon. Their 30 day warranty starts when Snoo is delivered, so you can buy at any time. 
  • Options
    @ramzlau Right?! The Snoo is amazing. We were hesitant about the price but literally never thought about it again. And their resale value is fire! We were debating selling ours for the same reason as you but I think we’ll just hang onto it because I’m too lazy. 
  • Options
    @mc0303 haha these days, lazy is a true consideration before every commitment and activity. I forgot how exhausting growing a human is. 
  • Options
    @mc0303 @ramzlau - totally off topic, but how did you find the transition from the Snoo to regular crib to go? We used a Halo with our first, then into the crib at 4 months, then sleep trained at 7 months - and he's slept through the night in his crib ever since (he's 2.5). I keep hearing people rave about the Snoo but my biggest hangup is the worry they will get dependent on being in a moving contraption to sleep.
  • Options
    I looked up cordless pumps and am waiting on the Black Friday deals for the Willow. 
  • Options
    How long do you use the Snoo? Now I want one lol

but I cannot justify that much. 

I JUST missed out on a local one for $500 😭 so will be stalking BST but also they have the rentals.... so if you only use for a few months... the rental might be the way to go for me 
  • Options
    @toesinthesand-2 The Snoo has a weaning mode that basically means it doesn’t rock and just plays white noise. Its app will advise you when it may be time to start weaning mode and all that. It’s very customizable! I had it on the lowest setting possible the whole time bc IMO the max rocking was too much. But I had a teeny 4 lb newborn so I don’t know. Our transition was totally fine! We went to the crib at 6 months. I was weirded out that he was so mobile while sleeping but it was totally fine! 

@angelz429 You can use till like 6 months-ish. Like 27 inches or something? Totally check out used ones bc then you can resell it too!! I think I priced out renting for 6 months and it was more worth it to buy and then resell. I don’t remember how I got to that conclusion though 🙈
  • Options
    @toesinthesand-2 Also I sleep trained around the same time as you in the crib and it was smooth sailing since then minus a regression here and there. 
  • Options
    @angelz429 It varies from babe to babe. Some wean by 4 months from the Snoo, and I have had friends with twins that waited until 9 months. We did it around 5-6 months because she was getting strong enough to sit up in it. 
    @toesinthesand-2 The transition for us wasn't as smooth as I hoped, but not because of her dependency on motion, by the time she was 5 months, she didn't need any motion to sleep or self soothe.  If you buy new, they have sleep consultants that can help you with the transition if you hit bumps along the way (as well as beta sleep sacks for colicky babies- they are weighted and prop their legs up to 90 degrees).  
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Question: we sold our crib prior to our last move. We still have a pack and play. Is it okay to have baby sleep in that for a few months or the first year? I am unsure if it is supportive enough for their bodies for that long period of time. I don't want to buy another crib. But if I need to, I will try to find a deal with the upcoming sales. 
  • Options
    @tilournextadventure Yeah, the pack n play is safe for sleeping.  We used it with DS for about the first year because he hated his crib and it was easier to keep him in our room.  We used the bassinet attachment at first then moved him to the floor of the pack n play the rest of the time.  
  • Options
    @artsiefartsie awesome! Thank you. We will plan to use that for awhile. Did you switch over to a toddler bed or twin/full bed when he was 1?
  • Options
    @tilournextadventure yeah, once he figured out how to climb out of the pack n play, we used his crib mattress directly on the floor for a while until he got used to it. Then just turned the crib to a toddler bed and he loved it again lol

• Options
    @tilournextadventure we did the pack n play In our room for the first few months. Even now my 2 yo sleeps in it when we are at my parents house for a weekend. 
  • Options
    @artsiefartsie and @klj0228 thank you both! Certainly a relief I will not be purchasing another crib for such a short period of time of use. 
  • Options
    The Elvie pump is 15% off.  I think it already started too!
  • Options
    @sgrn18 yes. I keep putting in my cart and not pulling the trigger 😂
  • Options
    @angelz429 same girl.  I know I’m going to end up buying it.  But then came along this sale, I’m back and forth on do I buy it now? Wait a bit? Lol 
  • Options
    @sgrn18 Do you know how it works with insurance? I saw I can get the double one for $330 through my insurance if I go through one of those breast pump medical device websites and that is how I got my spectra 2 for free last time, but if I buy the Elvie direct do I just get a reimbursement from my insurance? 
  • Options
    I don’t think you’d get reimbursement from insurance but it’s worth a call!! But he’ll 330$ compared to 500 is awesome.  I’d do that!! 
  • Options
    @ramzlau call insurance this week and ask. I am guessing the deal on the pump will still be available through black Friday so you should have a couple days to figure out which way is best.
  • Options
    Has anyone used the tubeless pumps before? I have old school giant medela pumps and am curious how they compare. I don't respond well to the pump and have to change adjustments usually do wondering how easy that is. 
  • Options
    @_orchid_ I’ve heard they’re not great for those who don’t respond well to a pump. 

Unfortunately my previous 2 never latched so i was 100% pumping and respond well to pumps. 

I heard the Snoo is going on sale for the whole site (not code needed) for 30% off. That will bring the total to like $1000. With resale being $700-900 in my area, it makes the most sense for me to buy and then resell when I’m done so based on the recommendations here, I’m going to pull that trigger. 
  • Options
    Happiest Baby (makers of the Snoo, and author of The Happiest Baby) has a sale for buy 1 get 2 swaddles (Sleepeas and Snoo Sacks). They sold out earlier today, but I heard they restocked tonight. Normally $30 each, so they are 3/$30. 
  • Options
    Is anyone familiar with the clothing brand blanqi?  Looks like a good option for leggings and some other basics, some extra support built into the belly.  They have 50% off on some of the basics right now, might pick some up (dang targeted advertising on instagram!).  

I also saw old navy has everything 50% off, looks like they already started their black friday sales.  
  • Options
    @ellieemc26 I was lurking in another BMB and ladies were raving about Blanqi! I might have to take a look myself.
  • Options
    @ellieemc26 I have two pair of blanqi that I bought last black friday. I like them but don't love them. My black ones have pilled already. They are thicker (very warm for winter), and stay up for the most part, but they are super long and I am 5'6" and they are about 4" too long for me. For 50% I thought it was worth trying and I have worn them all year, especially since we have been home since March. 

Albeebaby has doorbuster sales today on 30% Clek, 30% Chicco, 60% Britax, $100 off of Doona. If you are looking for strollers or car seats it is a website to check out. Usually it has some of the best sales. 
  • Options
    I got some blanqi with my second pregnancy and I returned them. They were too constricting. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ramzlau that is where I got my Doona. That and the Snoo were my splurge this Black Friday for the beebs. I did also sign up for the 1/2 off honest diaper bundle & 40% off hello bello diaper bundle which I will cancel when my order arrives. And next year I will be able to partake in those sales again. 
  • Options
    Gap has maternity sales right now  :)
  • Options
    Bamboobies has 50% off right now. They have great nursing bras and I LOVE their reusable nursing pads. 
  • Options
    Has anyone found a good winter maternity coat on sale? try not to break the bank on something I will only wear one season, but the old Navy one I had my eye on has already sold out in black, and I don't think I want a lighter colored coat drawing attention to my huge-ness.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    @DoubleUp8 I'm also on the lookout for a coat.  I remember when I was pregnant with DS I couldn't fit in my coat in early spring (when it's still freezing in Boston) and I'm 7 weeks ahead this time around.  I didn't want to buy one until I had a little more reassurance that I would still be pregnant in the spring and now I've missed out.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 Yes! We are the Northeast as well, and I can't not have a coat that zips up, especially with an active 6 year old who loves to play in the snow! We spend a lot of time outside in the winter. I hate that the end of November it is hard to find a maternity coat without spending at least $150 or even $200!

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    Elvie has an additional 5% off their 15% off price. Best I’ve seen. If you haven’t gotten one yet.