Weekly Check In 11/9

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days):

FTM/STM/STM+:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: How tall are you? Would you change your height? 

Re: Weekly Check In 11/9

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hanfam2021hanfam2021 member
    edited November 2020

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 28+1

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: clear landline phones from the 90s! I had one of those!

Upcoming appointments: 3hr OGTT tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Pretty great - had a regular OB appt today and fundal height/baby's heart rate/my vitals all seemed good so it allayed some of my fears about failing the 1hr test and something being wrong in there. I love my midwife. I have government health care, so I can't at all guarantee that she'll be on call when I actually go into labor, which makes me sad. All you ladies using private practices or one doctor should know how lucky you are!

Rants/Raves: Rant - I'm done with facebook for at least a month. Everyone is being obnoxious. Rave: I took a "Baby Basics" class and loved it! We changed a little doll's diaper and gave it a bath and talked a lot about newborns. I have a 4-day childbirth class, MH has a 3-day "Dads 101", and then I have a 1-day breastfeeding class. It's a lot of extra commitments but it gives me such peace of mind as a FTM to get some info not off dubious parenting articles.

Questions: Does anyone else ever get pain right around the belly button? I was worried it was the start of diastasis recti, but when I mentioned it to the OB they said it was more likely just the baby pressing on my nerves. She said diastasis recti would be painful more in a tall column above my belly button then right next to it.

GTKY: How tall are you? Would you change your height? I'm barely tall for the women's average, but not very noticeably. As a kid I wished I was super short or super tall - I must've wanted to be more noticeable lol :D 

@kkfishy9 welcome back! I'm sure she's going to be a kickass volleyball player.

@birdiejo congrats to your whole fam! Those cousins are going to be close!

• Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 28 weeks 

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: i can’t keep up lol

Upcoming appointments: had a tummy check today, follow up on 2 weeks and US in 4

How are you feeling?: good! Heart burn is creeping in but it isn’t bad 

Rants/Raves: nothing crazy! Finally getting lu life organized and slowly moving stuff to My sons room out of the nursery and making it more personalized for her!

Questions: this is not a preg question per say but DS was a big baby (11 lbs 1 oz) so he basically wore 3 months clothes from the get go. Small/regular sized babies — how long did your babies wear newborn? Should i just stick with the 0-3 month stuff i have or should i get more newborn stuff??

GTKY: How tall are you? Would you change your height?  I’m 5’5 and like it. I consider myself average, not short or tall and it works for me!

• Options
    aaimeeaaimee member
    edited November 2020
    @PinkKathryn12 I think mine could wear newborn for a week or two, maybe? They were 8lb 3oz and 8lb 10oz though. I stuck to mostly 0-3. I was given a few newborn things this time but if I'm buying anything it's all bigger than newborn. 
  • Options
    birdiejobirdiejo member
    edited November 2020
    @hanfam2021 I feel like most practices with multiple doctors , you just get what you get in terms of delivery. Whoever is on call for that practice will deliver. That’s been my past experiences at least and from what I’ve heard from most friends! However this time my doc is obsessed with her job apparently and tries to be there every night like a crazy person so I might get her this time. 

@PinkKathryn12 mine were both 8 lbs even and I think it was only a week or two in newborn then moved to 0-3 month! 
  • Options
    28+1, 💚 #3
    Appointment Friday for 1 hr glucose and regular check-up

This baby loves stabbing me with pointy feet when I'm twisting or bending

Last night I ended up sleeping on the couch because my husband was snoring. I seriously felt so refreshed this morning. I think DH and the dogs wake me up a bunch at night

I'm 5'11" and have always been tall. I love it for sports. Most of my friends are above average height so it's weird meeting short people 😂 
  • Options
    @aaimee @birdiejo thanks! I’ll stick with 0-3 months stuff for sure then
  • Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 27+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: foot is 1 inch wide

Upcoming appointments: Friday for 28 week check and glucose test

How are you feeling?: still anxious about the high amniotic fluid diagnosis. I’m ready for some answers. Heart burn is awful and sleeping is soo hard with this giant belly.

Rants/Raves: I took Friday and Monday off and still sent ds to daycare so I can get some stuff done before I pull him from daycare next month. I got all of his old newborn and 0-3 month clothes ready for baby. It felt good to get stuff done without a 2 year old needing attention!

Questions: anyone have experience with high amniotic fluid?

GTKY: How tall are you? Would you change your height? I am 5’4 and could add a few inches since my husband is a whole foot taller.

@PinkKathryn12 my son was 7lbs 11oz and he wore newborn for a few weeks but I only had a few newborn outfits so he also wore 0-3 right from the start. He was in that until 1.5-2 months then we went into 3 month clothes. I remember this really cute newborn sleeper with dinosaur feet that I squeezed him into longer than I should have because it was too cute hahah

• Options
    @PinkKathryn12 I read “tummy check” as “tummy tuck” and had to re-read it before I chuckled to myself
    @jumpy57 same! The “shortest” member of my family is 5’8” and half my co-workers are tall so I am rarely around anyone shorter than me, making it seem more obvious when I am. 

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 27+0

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Coach mini satchel 

Upcoming appointments: Weds for my 1 hr glucose test

How are you feeling?: pretty good, just a ton of hip pain. Trying to stretch as much as possible to help!

Rants/Raves: Rant- my 3 year old is still having a tough time sleeping. Just all around tough days for him and sleep-deprived me bc of it 😞

Questions: none!

GTKY: How tall are you? Would you change your height? I’m 5’10” and have never minded being tall. I just remember it being hard when I was younger bc tall length clothing wasn’t a thing yet, so I constantly looked like I was wearing pants and shirts that were too short for me 😆

• Options
    @szwill86 I hear that! As a kid I think I often looked pretty goofy because pants were always too short. When you got a bigger size they didn't get longer, they only got wider! 
  • Options
    @PinkKathryn12 my DS wore newborn for awhile. Maybe like a month? He was 6lb6oz so it took him a little while to chunk up. 

I was a freakishly tall child. Taller than my mom by the time I was in 4th grade. The tallest kid in my elementary school (including the big kid who was held back a grade). I would change that if I could. Children are not nice people. My dad’s family is sooo tall. I have a cousin who is 6’9”. My other cousin and all 3 of her kids (in HS and college) are over 6 feet 😲. 
  • Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days):

28 weeks 

FTM/STM/STM+:

STM+

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Tagine full of delicious Moroccan food 

Upcoming appointments:

I need to make some of those.

How are you feeling?:

I’m doing okay but the heartburn is real this time and the acid reflux sucks a lot.

Rants/Raves:

Rant: My BIL was a total tool all weekend. He was parenting overtop of me which was rude and infuriating because he has three kids of his own that he should be concerned with. Also his parenting style is to yell, intimidate and ridicule which is pretty much the opposite of my parenting style so it just makes my kids upset and scared.

Rave: The view this morning from the campsite before we left was gorgeous:

Questions: NA

GTKY: How tall are you? Would you change your height? 

5’7”. Nope.

@pinkkathryn12 I think my oldest (7.5 lbs exactly) wore newborn for a little less than a month. He was just under 7 lbs when we left the hospital. My second was 6 lbs and 13 ounces and was in preemie clothes for two-ish weeks and then newborn for another 3-4 weeks. He was 3 weeks early though. And left the hospital at 6.5 lbs. 

• Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 25+4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Just guessing based on what's currently visible from my seat in the living room: probably my son's Duplo truck. :lol:

Upcoming appointments: next Tuesday for the glucose screening

How are you feeling?: pretty good! I've slowed down my previously out of control weight gain by cutting out sugary snacks, so rather than a muffin and a candy bar each day, I'm snacking on carrots and apples. It's made me feel a lot less bloated, too!

Rants/Raves: Rave: I just ordered a Christmas tree (though I am sad to be leaving the real tree tradition behind) along with some fun Christmas decorations from Pottery Barn! I'm so excited to decorate this year, especially since my H is taking the entire week after Thanksgiving off!

GTKY: How tall are you? Would you change your height? I'm 5' 7", and I like that height. Sometimes pants aren't long enough on me, but otherwise I think it's a great height. 

• Options
    +1 to the lifelong pants struggle 🤣🤣🤣 tall sizes were life changing. 

Anyone else tired of the "do you play basketball?" question? Anyone actually good at basketball? I only played in middle school and unless it was rebounding I was terrible at it. I stuck to volleyball and track
  • Options
    @jumpy57 I am terrible at alllll competitive sports. I was a choir gal all through high school.
  • Options
    @jumpy57 Yes!! I played basketball in the 4th grade only and then played competitive volleyball really from 7th grade on. I never really understood why basketball got all the tall girl love. Although, in my adulthood people do ask about volleyball from time to time, so maybe it's gotten more popular as the years have gone on?
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 yes to the pants struggle. I’ve always had “long legs” so tall sizes are a must. I’m now having the same problem with my DS. 

@jumpy57 I got asked that all the time in school since I was so tall so early. I never played competitive sports other than a few years of softball, several years of soccer (both of which I was terrible at) and then moved on to rock climbing (the only thing I was ever good at, and being tall is only slightly helpful). 

@hannahbananas11  it was band for me, no one wants to hear me sing 😂
  • Options
    @aaimee I cannot believe those paint choices. A neon green ceiling?? Is nowhere safe? To be fair, my mom let me pick my own paint colors as a kid and I picked pepto-bismol pink walls. Sounds like the previous owners must've done something similar. 

@mdfarmchick Your campsite looks awesome! And I hate dads like that - we went boating with one once who kept yelling at his 6yo son and calling him a girl for not wanting to get in the water ... I spent like two hours getting him to stop crying.

@hannahbananas11 I just opened up a tab for Pottery Barn and I feel like I'm gonna be here a while now ...
  • Options
    @hanfam2021 oooooo I would have gotten in the water just to spite the dad and tell him girls swim too. Not that it would have helped his son much.

@mdfarmchick working with other parents can be such a pain. My BIL makes a huge deal when his 8 yr old daughter talks to any boy. I want to tell him dude chill out or she will just stop telling you who she talks to. Also, she's 8 they are talking about fishing.

That being said, it's sooooooo fun and refreshing to hang out with families that have similar parenting styles. It's like I can relax with them because I don't have to worry about overseeing those interactions
  • Options
    @WildMagelet that was in Pigeon Forge TN... also, with kids and carpet I would get a full up Bissell carpet cleaner. My friends swear by the green machine. 
  • Options
    @wildmagelet @mdfarmchick I’ve heard great things about the green machine!
  • Options
    @roadspeckle I'm sorrry you had to go through that! I'm glad it was good news though, and your lil armadillo girlie is probably just a big snuggler. Maybe it means she'll be a super chill baby <3 I think you handled it really well - I think I would have been crying by the time you ate a poptart.
  • Options
    @hanfam2021 I might have been crying but my kids were still up and I didn’t want to make them worry. Pregnancy is such a mind eff. I work in an OBGYN office and see terrible things happen to woman with typically normal pregnancies so it doesn’t help catastrophizing. Thanks for the sweet words.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @roadspeckle so glad everything was okay. Good job keeping your cool. 
  • Options
    @roadspeckle I'm sorry you had a hard day and I'm glad everything turned out ok!
  • Options
    @roadspeckle I'm sorry you went through that, but I'm glad your OB took the initiative for the BPP and was able to give you good news and ease your mind!
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    babyturtle22babyturtle22 member
    edited November 2020
    @roadspeckle so glad everything was okay! It seems impossible not to worry, I'm glad your OB listened to your concerns.
    I work in the medical field too (neonatal intensive care) and it's really hard to not think the worst constantly after all of the things I have seen at work 
  • Options
    @roadspeckle I definitely would have lost it. Glad everything was ok!
  • Options
    @roadspeckle that would be so scary! Good thing you are aware of the decreased movement and that everything turned out okay!!