Adoption
Options

November 2020 - Adoptive and Hopeful Adoptive Parents

I figured I would attempt to resurrect this board and see if anyone else wanted to join.

What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)? 

Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.)? 

Anything new and exciting happening this month in your process? 

Any questions? 

Any tips for the steps you’ve passed? 

GTKY (Get to know you): What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition and/or dish? 

Re: November 2020 - Adoptive and Hopeful Adoptive Parents

• Options

What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)? Domestic Infant Adoption

Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.)? We have pretty well finished all the application paperwork and have our first home study visit scheduled!

Anything new and exciting happening this month in your process? We are just excited to be starting this process! After nearly 2.5 years of trying and our fair share of ups and downs, we are excited to have some hope and optimism again! I’m excited and a little nervous about the home study visits! I don’t know if we’ll be able to start our profile book soon or if we’ll need to wait for the final approval of the home study before we get going with that, I’ll ask that at our first visit! Hopefully the home study process goes smoothly and gets us one step closer to our baby! 

Any questions? None right now, I’m sure I will once we get further into the process!

Any tips for the steps you’ve passed? Try not to let the paperwork overwhelm you too much...just divide it up into smaller sections and take it one step at a time! 

GTKY (Get to know you): What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition and/or dish? Favorite tradition is just getting together with family...not sure if we will be able to do that this year due to Covid, which is very sad! Favorite dish is probably dressing/stuffing, I feel like it’s the ultimate comfort food!

• Options
    @bluetickgal how did your homestudy go? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bluetickgal hope you had nice holidays!  How is everything going?