Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series???

Re: All Due Date Checkin w/o 11/9

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited November 2020
    @aisukurimsarang I listened to Christmas music yesterday too! I happened to be in the car by myself a few times so I played it. Definitely made me happy! 

@juliebird6 DH also watched ER with his mom when it first aired and he said the same thing - it was probably a bit too mature for him to be watching then, haha! It’s just so good. We are pretty far in to it (can’t remember which season now) and I still miss some of the original doctors that aren’t on it anymore!
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16 weeks today!

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado, a chipmunk

Upcoming appointments: next OB 11/22

How are you feeling?: Mostly ok. The nausea and vomiting is still happening, but its not as frequent. My energy is getting better. Now I'm just dealing with headaches and a lot of indigestion/bloating and gas. 

Rants/Raves: Nothing I can think of, feeling pretty mellow at the moment. 

Questions: 1. Has anyone gotten their teeth cleaned in the 2nd tri? I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about having someone in my mouth for an extended period of time. 2. How long does the anatomy scan usually take?

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series??? I am with @juliebird6 in that I love true crime and crime shows. We're making our way through Criminal Minds right now, but we also started West Wing (I didn't watch it when it was popular). 

• Options
    @bbrahmbhatt, I've had teeth extracted, fillings, cleanings, and root canals in the 2nd tri. You bleed a lot and you drool more than a 6 month old. But, even with DS1, when I was a step below having HG, I didn't get sick or nauseated beyond the normal. Eat before you go, brush your teeth and floss when you get there. They should double apron you, but if they don't, ask.

Also, my Ultrasounds always took about 30m.
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang You've got some early walkers!

@bbrahmbhatt I've been debating if I should go to the dentist.  It's been over a year since I last went but I'm nervous about covid.  I went during the second tri during my last pregnancy and it was no problem.

@juliebird6 This weather is insane!  I wish I could spend more time outside during work days.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16 + 3

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: eclair

Upcoming appointments: just had a 5 minute telehealth appointment this morning, and scheduled the anatomy scan for 12/7

How are you feeling?: pretty good!  sleeping better, no more nausea! (knocks on wood)

Rants/Raves: Not really a rant exactly, but I just got out all my maternity stuff this weekend and I'm kinda down about it.  Last time I didn't need maternity clothes until after 20 weeks.  I know this is temporary but I am mourning my pre-pregnancy body.  I was feeling good in my skin.

Questions:

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series???  Hmm probably Gilmore Girls?  Does that count as a guilty pleasure?  I did go through a period when I was pumping (and watching tv at the same time) where I watched reality shows like The Circle and Love is Blind.  I don't really get into those though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15 +2

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a taco!

Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan 12/1

How are you feeling?: still tired and nauseous, ugh! I think the nausea is worsened when I eat junk, I am going to have a whole lot of work to do to get back to normal after this baby if I don’t knock it off  

Rants/Raves: Rave: we will have a new president!  Rant + Rave: I was “voluntold” at work on Friday that I will now be doing a new job as a result of a reorg. A way better opportunity, but so much to learn and this happens often enough that I know the transition period will be shorter than I need it to be  

Questions: none

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series??? I have so many. 90 Day Fiancé and all of the spin-offs, Teen Mom, and the CA Real Housewives franchises are my jam. 

• Options
    @aisukurimsarang since you’re into BBC did you ever watch The IT Crowd???  It is the BESSSSST. 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I had my teeth cleaned recently! They obviously knew I’m pregnant, and when the hygienist asked how I was feeling I was honest and said kind of queasy. She took it easy on me and even rushed through the X-rays - it was the kind where they put the bite things in your mouth and she said she knows it makes people feel gaggy. She was literally running from me to the button to try to get it done quickly 😂 So I’d just be upfront with them and tell them how you’re feeling! Hopefully they’ll be understanding. 

My dentist also required an OB clearance letter, and in the letter they stated that they require double shielding with aprons like @aisukurimsarang mentioned. 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I had a cleaning done in 1st tri. They went easy on me and skipped x-rays. I wouldn't think twice about having cleaning done but I'd probably be more cautious about other things unless they were an emergency.

My anatomy scans have been about 30 min too for the actual ultrasound but mine have also been paired with a visit with a doctor too, so closer to a full hour for the whole appointment.
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16 and change!

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: avocado or an apple 

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday for my 16wk, which is pretty boring if I recall from my last pregnancy

How are you feeling?:  TIRED.  I don't know why I still feel so tired.  I sort of remember this last time around too. I don't get that '2nd tri energy boost'.  I'm not taking mid-day naps anymore like the first tri but i would like to have enough energy to squeeze in some exercise vs. nap if I had the choice (which I don't!) 

Rants/Raves:  Rave: 70 degree weather this week and this past weekend, plus a Biden/Harris victory and the vibe in the city was SO FUN AND POSITIVE AND HAPPY.  Not to get into politics, but there was no denying the different vibe in the city this weekend.  Also - baby kicks and flutters!  Felt the first 'for sure' movement last Friday. This being my 2nd pregnancy it was definitely that 'like riding a bike' feeling of - OH there he is!  So it's all starting to feel more real.  Rant: the fatigue... :s

Questions:  none 

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series??? while i also love a good true crime series I am a reality TV junkie through and through. The Bachelorette (g'bye, Clare!) Real Housewives series (weirdly looking forward to Salt Lake this month!) The Kardashians (last season!) and Teen mom...I don't discriminate from the trash.  

@bbrahmbhatt like the others have said, my dentist experience was mostly fine while pregnant. Would ask to defer the Xrays if possible...but that's just me.  I'm more worried about my first dental visit post baby...last time i have five, FIVE cavities...!  and i never have cavities. My dentist said pregnancy does a number on our teeth thanks to hormones.  Oye. It took 3 appointments to fill them all. 

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17 and a halfish 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a chipmunk 

Upcoming appointments: next week

How are you feeling?: Generally a lot better recently. Still sooo tired, but I can get by with naps every 2-3 days instead of daily now. It’s so weird because I didn’t have this kind of exhaustion with DS.

Rants/Raves: Raves- the weather! It’s finally cold! Like, way colder than normal. It was 89 last week and this morning it was freezing. I’m from Virginia but live in California now and oh how I miss the seasons. I’ve been soaking it up with hot chocolate and a fire today. Rant- DS is in a mood. Ugh.

Questions: Who else hasn’t felt movement? I thought I was earlier, but now, nothing and it makes me paranoid. I don’t think I’d be so impatient if I hadn’t been so sure earlier, but it feels like I should now.

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series??? So many! Cheesy Christmas movies is a big one. I’m also watching vampire diaries now, I never saw it when it was new and it makes me feel like I’m in high school/college when I watch it. Like, I’m not old if I’m watching what I should have watched then.  :D That’s how it works, right?

• Options
    @forevertired I am not sure if I have felt anything or not. I’ve had a few things here and there where I thought, hm maybe that was baby but nothing definite yet. Which also makes me feel dumb because it’s my 3rd baby and also paranoid because i
    was expecting it to be frequent and obvious earlier and earlier and it’s just not for me yet.
  • Options
    @forevertired, I second what @juliebird6 said! This is my third too. I have felt some bubbles and think maybe that’s the baby? It’s usually when I’m eating, so then I think maybe it’s just my food haha. I couldn’t remember when it was normal to start feeling movement so I looked it up. Whatever website I read actually said it’s not uncommon to feel some movement early on and then nothing for a time. 

All that said, I’m so anxious for my ultrasound next week. 
  • Options
    @juliebird6 and @bblair24 thanks, that makes me feel better. Sorry you ladies are in the same boat though!
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 29 / 15+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: No idea! An orange...?

Upcoming appointments: 11/20 for 16 weeks

How are you feeling?: My back is KILLING me! I didn't have this problem last time, so it blows. Lots of heartburn already, too. But other than that, pretty great!

Rants/Raves: Feeling baby move!!! I was feeling really down about my potato-shaped body but now that I'm feeling movement, it reminds me that there's a reason I look like this.

Questions:

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series??? Definitely Maury and Steve Wilkos!

• Options

Hi all! It's been a while!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 21/ 16 w 6 d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A taco? lol

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy Scan November 25!!

How are you feeling?: OK generally, just a lot more aches and pains. I've been trying to keep running but have found it makes my pelvic area very sore and my back hurts. 

Rants/Raves: I'm also in on this beautiful weather train! It snowed here in NH a few weeks ago but this past weekend it was in the 70s! So bizarre but I'm here for it!

Questions: I'm a little concerned about weight gain. If my calculations are right, I've gained about 12-13 pounds so far which I think is like 4-5 pounds more than I should according to the scary charts that say YOU SHOULD GAIN NO MORE THAN THIS LINE! My doctor hasn't said anything (I've asked every time) and I'm really trying to stay active, but still seem to be gaining more than I should... Are these charts/recommendations legit? I'm not eating like big macs every day (no shame for those who are!!) I'm cooking veggie and protein heavy meals, not really going crazy with snacking...Idk as someone who has struggled with body image throughout their life this has been tough for me. 

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series??? Just finished watching Greek through again on Hulu and wow how hilariously early 00s! 

• Options
    @anarmillay92918 I gained 44lbs with my last pregnancy, and it was a total mind-eff for me. I too have struggled with body image issues for most of my life and have even experienced disordered eating at times. I was weight-shamed last time, and it did not feel good. I did a little bit of research this time around and there is evidence that many women don't gain pregnancy weight steadily in 1-2lb intervals, as the charts indicate; and that your pre-pregnancy weight is a better indicator of health. Personally, I think that some women just gain more for whatever reason. I'm hoping that this helps to make you feel better! Just know that you're not alone. You're making the right choices and eating the right foods and your body is going to do what it's going to do.
  • Options
    @riff323, with my 2nd and 4th pregnancies, I had horrible back pain from about 12w on. It went away about 6mos after birth. 

FWIW, I was weight shamed during my second pregnancy. I only gained 30lbs, but I gained 8 of it in a 4w period. I felt so horrible about the weight  gained, I gave all my pre pregnant clothes away, thinking I'd never fit into them again. I was wrong... And without clothes. 
  • Options
    I felt some "popping bubbles" for lack of a better way to describe it, last week and I thought hmm, is that her? But nothing since then. Its my first time, so I don't know if what I was feeling was really her or not. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 20, 2021

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments: just had one last week Friday and next one is November 24 plus ultrasound!

How are you feeling?: Good if I keep taking unisom and zofran. Rotten if I only take one of them.

Rants/Raves: Not right now I guess. Just been busy and feel a little overwhelmed but not at the same time if that makes sense. Like busy, but a good busy.

Questions: not a question, but I apologize for going MIA. Just had a lot happening and I was pretty enveloped in election stuff, job searching and interviews, doctor appointments for me and kids, etc and sort of neglected the Bump. 

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series???

I’m always down for Friends, The Office and Big Bang Theory. But I also loved Gilmore Girls, as well as Law and Order SVU and NCIS. 

• Options
    @riff323 @aisukurimsarang thanks!! That def makes me feel better. I know I should not be vain at this point but UGH it's very frustrating lol. 
  • Options
    @anarmillay92918 screw those charts. As someone who gained 50lb when pregnant with twins (and out of shape, but still at a low-normal weight), and then AGAIN gained 50lb with a singleton (super in shape this time, HIIT workouts throughout and tracked macros), I took all of it off and more after it was all said and done. Your body’s gonna do what it’s gonna do, no two people are the same. Give yourself some grace, it’ll be fine. ❤️
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang I had a sudden jump in weight too! Mine was about 10lbs in a month. I think it's pretty normal, based on the research I did plus anecdotal evidence from other moms.

@anarmillay92918 pregnancy can be really rough for those of us with body images. I mistakenly thought that for once I could sort of let my guard down and just enjoy my body... but no, because everyone and their mother decides to tell you what they think about your body when you're pregnant. It really messes with your head! I don't think you're being vain at all.
  • Options
    @bblair24 Christmas movies all year might be my guilty pleasure too.

@juliebird6 funny white elephant or useful? I have ideas for a useful one that I’ve taken to favorite things parties.

@anarmillay92918 those charts are scary! FWIW, I have always been at they top or over the line during first and second tri and then went on to gain around 25 lbs total with each pregnancy. It comes at different times for everyone. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 20; 17 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: 4tm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: 12/2 for anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: better minus headaches and exhaustion. And tmi but my hemorrhoids have shown up. I get them something fierce every time and it is so rough!

Rants/Raves: I feel like a blob this week. We have had 3 birthdays and an anniversary in the last three weeks. So much cake and unhealthy food.

Questions:

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series??? I love bachelorette and bachelor franchise. I also am a Christmas movie junkie.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @pelorunningmama useful! I’m not a big fan of gag gifts (huge waste of money!)

@anarmillay92918 I gained 45 with my first and 50+ with my second, despite running/working out the whole time. Took longer to take it off after baby #2 but I got back to “normal” eventually. It’s so, so hard not to get in your own head about weight, especially with those garbage charts/recommendations. Do the best you can do without making yourself crazy. If your doctor doesn’t mention it, then try not to be concerned.
  • Options
    @anarmillay92918 @riff323 @juliebird6 @pelorunningmama @BuckeyeNut05 I have been worried about my weight gain too, I keep waiting for the OB to say something about it. The last time I checked I had gained about 10lbs at the end of the first trimester. I keep telling myself that part of that has to be my fibroid doubling in size and going up over a cup size, but it is still making me fee like 1. a blob and 2. like I'm already doing a bad job at being a mom. I am overweight to start, so I'm not supposed to gain any more than 25lbs...so I am worried that it is too much. Plus, I look like the Michelin man. 
  • Options
    @juliebird6 yay! That I can help with! My favorite $20 and under treats are mainly female oriented but would be:

a bath set from Dr. Teals (can grab at target and get salts, bubble bath, moisturizer and body wash)

Botanic Tree exfoliating scrub (order on amazon)

teleties and a wet brush

Comfy socks

Cozy jammies (Costco has two great pairs right now for under $20)

A good insulated straw cup.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bbrahmbhatt you're not doing a bad job at being a mom!! But I know, it really does mess with your head. I'm dreading my next appointment just because of the weigh-in.
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out (hopefully soon)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: as tall as a grande ice coffee which is way bigger than an avocado 

Upcoming appointments: Next Monday the 16th! Hopefully the doc will schedule my anatomy scan during that apt.

How are you feeling?: Energetic! I can't wear any of my pants, I just popped this week. Trying to go maternity shopping this weekend. 

Rants/Raves:  I can't find any warm winter leggings in maternity wear, anyone have suggestions?  My house is getting disgusting and no one is helping out with cleaning. 

Questions:  Is anyone getting their anatomy scan done before 18/19 weeks?

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series???  I have been watching The Spanish Princess on Starz.  Really historically inaccurate but I am a sucker for period dramas. 

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17+5

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: umm

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan and high risk Dr visit on Tuesday 11/17

How are you feeling?: Not much to complain about. Back hurts a bit.

Rants/Raves: Still not sure how to tell kids I'm pregnant or what to do to announce

Questions:

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series??? Wife swap

@forevertired I really haven't either, and this is my third pregnancy. However, I had an anterior placenta the second time, so I'm not used to feeling much at this point. Maybe that is the case this time.

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18 +3 

FTM/STM/STM+: SRM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Artichoke 

Upcoming appointments: 11/23- last appointment with my current OB + Anatomy scan #1, 11/30- MFM + Anatomy scan #2, 12/14- MFM, 12/16- intake appointment with new OB 

How are you feeling?: Really good. Once 9:30pm comes around I can't keep my eyes open, but thankfully my heartburn seems to have disappeared and everything else is good. 

Rants/Raves: Rant- So I went two weeks ago to my OB for a normal monthly appointment, and she let me know she was transferring care of all of her OB patients to the two local hospital affiliate offices due to corporate changes and issues. She basically said unless there was a miracle in the next month it had to happen. So I was super upset and very frustrated. She has worked with the doctors that i'm being transferred to and said she trusts them all and I will be in good hands, but when you are half way through your pregnancy, high risk and have to start fresh with a new doctor I feel like it's scary and sad. Anyways i'll deal with it, but it is giving me a lot of anxiety. 

Rave- feeling lots of baby movement! 

Questions: 

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series??? Right now, ALL of the corny Hallmark movies. Also a binge watcher of Gilmore Girls, it's my go to background show. 

@riff323 haha I was trying to figure out the words to describe my bump this morning, and potato shaped body hit the nail on the head. 

• Options
    I have a question about constipation. I know there have been discussions about it but I’m not sure where those are now!

Stool softener vs Miralax or the like - what have you guys had the most success with? Or is it possible to combine them? I have clearance to take any of it, I’m just not sure what’s best. I’ve been struggling though 😬
  • Options
    @bblair24 I have been using Miralax. I have a colorectal surgeon friend who recommended that over stool softeners. It has been working for me, so I've been taking it for awhile now. Also, if you like kiwi try eating some of those; they're supposed to help move things along too. 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt thank you for the advice! I wasn’t sure where to start. I added miralax to a Target pickup for tomorrow! 
  • Options
    bblair24 agreed with @bbrahmbhatt! Mirelax has been the most consistent for me. I mix it with a glass of orange juice. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/20, 17&2

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: BLUE!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: supposed to be before thanksgiving but now I need to move it to the following week

How are you feeling?: overall pretty good! a little slow, a little bit of nausea here and there, a little insomnia some nights, but overall pretty good.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Biggest guilty pleasure television show / series??? I'm with a few of yall - not really a reality show fan but definitely have watched through gilmore girls a few times (loooove!!) & we're currently watching West Wing (so good!)

@juliebird6 I always try to do things I'd want myself lol. I usually want to throw in some kind of gc because I feel like those always get snatched up so like a starbucks mug & GC or something like that. Another super successful one I did last year was $20 worth of fancy chocolate bars - it was a crowd fav at two different gatherings (and yes, we usually do at least 2 white elephants (different extended family) so I often just get 2 of whatever I come up with haha!)

@bbrahmbhatt I'll echo others! Had mine cleaned this time in 1st tri and then filling in 2nd tri (dentist office policy to wait until 2nd tri for fillings). It was totally fine - a little iffy during covid but I'm a strict 6-month cleaning person so I didn't want to push it back again

@bblair24 yes on Miralax! Tried it as reco'd by these awesome ladies and it totally works. I was taking colace alone and it was NOT working. Ugh this is by far one of the worst pregnancy issues!! I hope it works for ya :)

• Options
    Thanks guys! I’m going to place that Target order and pick up Miralax tomorrow. And Prilosec. My digestive system evidently needs all the help it can get right now 😂
  • Options
    @cagncoo12 that really sucks about your OB. I would be scared too! I hope your new OB is awesome and you like them right away!