1st Trimester

Anxiety and morning sickness???

Hi everyone!

5 weeks and 5 days today!  My morning sickness started at 5 weeks exactly, and for the past three days, I've dealt with the worst anxiety, which has worsened my morning sickness tremendously.  I feel anxiety as nausea, so you can imagine how miserable this is, dealing with anxiety related nausea plus morning sickness.  My doctor prescribed something to help with the nausea part, but I'm still miserable.  Has anyone ever experienced this, or knows how to relieve it?  I work full time, so this is definitely cutting into my normal life.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Anxiety and morning sickness???

• OP - first, pretty sure ^ that is spam, would not advise following that link. Second, if anxiety is exacerbating your morning sickness and the rx isn't working, you might want to try some stress-relieving techniques. Meditation, journaling and therapy are all ways to help address the anxiety. Sometimes even just talking through whatever is causing you anxiety with someone you trust, can help. Finally, you can also talk to your dr about other rx to help address the nausea. 
  • vironika1 said:
    I suggest resorting to an organic supplement to deal with both symptoms. by the way you are not alone, a big number goes through this condition somewhere down the road. secretsoftea.com curates herbal cures for girls during and after pregnancy that have tremendous impacts. looking into their herbal formula "morning sickness tea": and relaxing mama brands can bring you amazing peace.
    This sounds like spam, but I will say I did like tea. I just drank ones I already had or found on amazon.