April 2021 Moms

GTKY Pet Edition

Have we done this yet?

Share a picture of your furry child(ren) and share anything else about them that you’d like! I feel like we could all use a post full of cute animals right now ☺️

Re: GTKY Pet Edition

• Loading the player...
  • @theblondebump aww I love him! Milo was our first baby too. We always say that he’s like “um guys, remember when I was the only baby?!” 😂 We have a voice for him and he “talks” a lot. That might be weird, now that I’m typing it here. Haha!
  • hahaha not weird @bblair24 Rolo "talks" a lot too! :) 
  • We just bought a new house in June, and decided no pets for a while. With two under two, and 100mi round trip commutes, neither of us really wants to deal with that added responsibility right now. Plus, my cat liked to tear open screens and that would just piss me off right now. 

I'm a cat person and my SO is a dog person. Typical, right? The irony here is I'm the one who wants a dog, and he's the one who wants a cat. When we're settled, we'll most likely get a Great Dane (I grew up with them) and a Maine Coon. 
  • I'm loving all these pet photos! I am an animal lover, but MH is very allergic so we don't have any. I'm living vicariously through all of you guys!
  • @riff323 I love that your pets are both from rescue situations! ❤️ That picture of them snoozing together is so sweet. 

@aisukurimsarang, I understand not wanting to add a pet right now! My DH has mentioned wanting a Great Dane some day. Which is hilarious - he didn’t grow up with pets and now he really loves having our dog. And he mentions every now and then the kind of dog we may get someday. We probably would never have more than one dog at a time, unless we move somewhere with a bunch of land which is a dream of mine some day! 

@bbrahmbhatt aw that’s a bummer! DH is very allergic to cats so we’ll never have one. Which is actually fine with me, because cats and I have never gotten along very well. 😂
  • awww @riff323 what a cute doxie!! 
  • bblair24bblair24 member
    edited November 2020
    @forevertired aw, she looks so sweet! And she and Milo could definitely pass as siblings - they should meet some time! 😂 Sorry to hear about losing your first fur baby recently. That’s so tough, they’re such a big part of the family! ❤️
  • @forevertired I'm sorry for the loss of your first furbaby. It never gets easier! 

@theblondebump I like your sweet Doxie too!
  • @bblair24 and @riff323 thanks, it’s been six months and just this week DS brought him up out of the blue. It was hard on my emotions but I’m so glad he remembers him still.  <3
  • @eahayes what a sweet boy! It’s amazing how much they can put up with from the little ones 😂 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 aww the big ones are always the best babies! I love how he’s smooshed in there 😍 And yay for a new puppy! 

@bluey101321 aww all your babies! I love that you’ve rescued/fostered so many! ❤️
  • @BuckeyeNut05 is that a Dogue de Bordeaux?! My sister has one and he's the sweetest boy ever! DD is obsessed with him!

@bluey101321 our cat is seriously the sweetest girl. She sits there and licks Gretchen's ears and rump and Gretchen just looks at me like, "Mom... what should I do?" I knew when I introduced them that Gretchen would be fine with a cat, but I never imagined they'd be snuggling just two months after meeting!
  • @riff323 yeah. He is a giant baby!  😊  
  • We have a 13 yo border terrier named Flyer.  I've had her since my senior year in college, so we've been through a lot together!  She is great with our little boy and I love her even though she pretends to be deaf and howls whenever we leave the house. 

@aisukurimsarang My mom's side of the family has been involved in dog breeding since my great-grandfather, who bred and showed Great Danes.  He was an orphan who immigrated from Germany at the age of 13 and was robbed as soon as he got off the boat.  I don't know the full story of how he got involved in dog breeding, but I do know that's what helped get the family through the great depression.  They sold a Great Dane to Jackie O's family!  He was known as the "duke of danedome" and I got the Great Dane Club of America scholarship when I went to college.  My mom and aunt (his granddaughters) bred and showed danes for a long time, but ultimately switched to border terriers because they were having so many health problems with the danes.  So we had a dane when I was born but after a few years we just had border terriers.  My mom just had a litter of three puppies a few weeks ago!  I'm not into the dog show stuff (I showed as a kid but never really loved it), but I do love the dogs.  I'm going to be devastated when Flyer goes  :'(  I don't have a photo saved on my computer right now but I'll come back and add one later.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BuckeyeNut05 they are gentle giants for sure! And very handsome, too!  :)
  • @kadeephd that is such a cool family story! My grandmother used to breed collies and poodles, but unfortunately she stopped before I was born. She used to take me to dog shows just to enjoy them. I love all things dog (and cat... and all animals, really!)!
  • All of these babies are just precious! I'm actually getting emotional...stupid hormones.

@bluey101321 they are all so adorable! I'm glad Walter found a safe forever home with you; I hate how some humans treat animals, it is just disgusting.
  • @bblair24 right!? I always feel so badly for our dog!
  • bblair24bblair24 member
    edited November 2020
    @eahayes I know what you mean! Milo puts up
    with a lot from our girls. Sometimes he gets tired of them running around him so he just stands up and goes to lay down somewhere else. 😂 But now that they’re older and actually take breaks from the chaos to pet him, he will basically let them do anything they want to him! 
  • @bluey101321 I love that you have so many animals and that you foster!  ❤️
  • @aguamala they’re so cute!! Our big guy would
    not enjoy hiking for miles 😂 That’s awesome!
  • @aguamala My little border terrier climbed up Mt. Washington when she was younger!  She is much too old to hike now but in her younger days she was impressive.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bblair24 Thanks! @kadeephd Since most of us are out of the house all day during the work week they don't get long walks so by the time the weekend comes they have lots of pent up energy.