February 2021 Moms

November Appointments

Use this thread to discuss upcoming appointments in November! Questions? News? Tests? 

Re: November Appointments

• OB called and told me that my latest bloodwork shows low iron already. They said for now just try to bring it up with an iron rich diet and we’ll recheck at the next appt. I already eat a decent amount of meat so I’m off to google other iron rich foods. She said beans but I hate beans. 
  • Apparently my dentist says it isn't recommended to do fillings in the third trimester.... I will literally be less than a week into the third trimester on Friday. Now I have to wait until March and hope I don't have issues before then
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my 24 wk check up today, aside from their scale being 7lbs more than mine at home, everything was good. I really dislike the scales. I checked mine with several hand weights and it all was legit, but theirs is always 7lbs higher. My gp is usually 5 or so off. Dang scales. 
    I have an ultrasound on the 23rd to check growth as she is measuring about 5 days behind. (Dreaded glucose is the week after Thanksgiving but that's Dec 3rd) 
  • I have my glucose test and 28 week check next week and then the week of thanksgiving I have a growth check to see how my fluid level is and have my 30 week check.
  • @jumpy57 I am close to my third tri too and just had a minor procedure but my surgeon said the second tri is like the "sweet spot" so I just made it. thank goodness.
    It is annoying though that they would make you wait when you're that close to the borderline.

@aaimee i swear I always weigh more at the dr, so frustrating! we are measuring 5-6 days behind too on ultrasounds, but they aren't super worried about it at this point. I'm okay with a tiny baby this time around too

I don't think the glucose drink tastes that bad cold LOL it reminds me of all the flavor you have left at the bottom of those plastic sleeve popiscles that are like super sweet but it's yummy. Just drink it cold! that helps!

I have a regular tummy check next monday, then not sure what comes after that appointment so far. 
  • I was looking at first day of last period vs likely date of conception which would put my 5 days behind which is what I'm measuring. I'm not too concerned either considering the first two were 8lb 3oz and 8lb 1oz, lol
  • that’s not bad! I feel like due dates are such a guess anyway 
  • that’s not bad! I feel like due dates are such a guess anyway 
    I agree. But they are making a huge deal about her being 5 days behind and unless they are seeing something I'm not, it's frustrating. But these are a different group of doctors from the previous two pregnancies so maybe this is their normal worrying. 

• @aaimee has she always been 5 days behind or was she on track and has “fallen behind”?
  • Yeah if it's always been 5 days behind then really no big deal

My doctor gives the drink out so I drink it at home before my next appointment. The nurse always looks at me serious and says DRINK THIS COLD. I also don't mind the taste too much, it's just very strong candy orange flavor
  • The glucose drink reminds me of one of those “Juice Barrels” with the foil tops. They were popular when I was a kid and definitely loaded with sugar.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Had a sonogram done on babies heart earlier this week. They told me if I hear nothing from them before my next appointment that it was good. They would call with any problems. The next day I got a call from the doctors office and my heart dropped...until they told me they just needed to reschedule my next appointment. Talk about bad timing! 
    But then for real two days after they called with news. Baby appears to have a hole in his heart between the ventricles. The doctor said it could be nothing and heal, but it might be a big deal. They just weren't sure how big the hole was yet. So now we are making an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist. My fingers are crossed we will find out it is nothing! 
    Next appointment is the glucose screening other than that! @jumpy57 my doctor sent me home with the drink too and the nurse emphasized to put it in the fridge so it was cold to drink. This is my first so I'm not looking forward to that first sip. Haha 
  • @moguippy I've only had 2 ultrasounds, first was Oct 1st and second was Oct 29th, (well 3, but one was strictly cervical) and she's measured behind on both so I personally don't see the issue, especially when due dates can be off. 
  • @aaimee yeah that’s not as worrisome as when they fall behind. Maybe you just have over cautious drs
  • @scottijo2012 ❤️❤️❤️ I'm sorry for the extra stress and I really hope everything resolves on its own. I just wanted to let you know that someone from my previous bmb's second daughter was born with a pretty severe hole in her heart, she needed surgery after birth and did really well with it. Everyone is now home and doing well ❤️
  • @scottijo2012 somehow I missed your comment! Hopefully it resolved on its own or is easily fixable. They have come such a long way in pediatric cardiology!  
  • moguippymoguippy member
    edited November 2020
    Had an ultrasound at MFM today. Baby is currently breech but looks good. Amniotic fluid looks good. Baby is measuring in at 2lb11oz! That seems to be about 3 weeks ahead so I’m not sure how that’s normal. She didn’t check the bowel to see if it is still echogenic and she didn’t print me any pictures!  To be fair, baby wasn’t cooperating and she tried to do 3D (which I’ve never had done before) but he was having none of it. 

ETA:  I noticed she labeled one of the pictures as “anterior placenta”. This isn’t the first time she’s done that but it’s the first time it clicked that it means the placenta is in the front and probably the reason I feel most of my kicks on the sides of my belly. No one ever said anything to me so I was just thinking that it was the normal kind.  
  • @moguippy I want 6 find that all anterior placenta would muffle kicks either! I happened to look up something about it. I wish doctors would remember to explain these things
  • @moguippy I have an anterior placenta too. It was vaguely mentioned at an ultrasound and I mentioned it at my last appt. My oldest kiddo is mad bc she hasn't felt her kick yet. I can barely feel them from the outside and it's always super quick and then stops by the time she comes over to me. My first two were non stop kicking and the placenta was posterior so I felt all of it and so did hubby. He's kinda bummed he hasn't felt her yet either. 
  • @jumpy57 no one has even mentioned it to me that I have it!  Not the u/s tech, not the MFM, not the OB! I only knew the kicks would be muffled bc a few ladies on my last BMB had it and talked about it a lot. 

@aaimee same with the quick kicks. It’s like one and done. H has only felt him once and it’s bc he was right next to me and I quick grabbed his arm to feel. 
  • @moguippy mine is anterior, too, and the tech/ob said nothing! I asked because it was anterior with DS and kept me from feeling much movement. It is nice, though, that I don't feel as much, because it sounds like some people feel so much movement that it wakes them up at night! I don't feel mine unless I'm focused.
    @aaimee my H can never feel the kicks. By the time he comes over to put his hand on my belly, girl's chilled out and is back to being undetectable.
    I'm thinking I might have one more after this baby. Maybe that one will be posterior so that I can feel the full force of kicking!
  • I feel like mine is posterior this time because I'm getting really stabby kicks 😂 wasn't noted in the ultrasound report though so who knows
  • Had a tummy check today. Had to wait like 40 minutes before I actually got to see the doctor (ugh). MFM is so much more...prompt, lol.  I finally gained instead of losing weight this week (1 lb). I blame movie night from over the weekend  :D HR was good. They informed me that I don't have to worry about DH's aunt being present during birth and she gave me a general rundown of the L&D unit (they don't do in-person tours because of COVID, but apparently are working on a video tour). She also told me the current COVID-protocols, so that's useful. Apparently I also check a lot of boxes to where she thinks that MFM may choose to induce me @ 39, so we might end up having a January baby instead. I find it oddly comforting since our previous loss would have been a January baby as well. 
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited November 2020
    MFM ultrasound today. Everything's baby-wise good. We're still "Team Green", so they haven't ruined the surprise yet. Sugars are good, photos look good (their "checklist" is now complete), sizing looks good. Apparently my +1 lb. from last appointment wasn't meant to be, because I'm back down to what I've been for the past few months. 

MFM OB assures me that there's no reason to predict they'll induce me before my due date. (See previous post from OB check) and that ideally I won't be induced and will be allowed to go into spontaneous labor instead.

I did end up taking my mom this time (DH's mom couldn't come) and her lack of respecting my wishes has only reinforced my earlier decision that this was going to be my last U/S appointment with a +1, unless DH is able to and wants to go. :/  Hopefully this isn't a sign of BS we'll have to deal with in the future. (The TL;DR is that at our first appointment, when she asked if she could know the sex even though DH & I didn't want to I said no, and today when the U/S tech warned us that she was going to be looking in areas that might accidentally reveal the sex and to look away, my mother refused even after I specifically told her to. Luckily nothing showed upon the screen either way, because baby was being uncooperative at the time and when the tech finally did get the photo she needed it was quick and from a different angle.  I didn't want to make a scene at the time, but now I'm kicking myself for not instructing the tech to turn the monitor off.)
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• @WildMagelet yeah I’m surprised the tech didn’t turn the monitor off! We were team green last time and anytime they were near the legs they shut off the monitors and always had them off when they started any ultrasounds in case baby was in a weird position to avoid any slip ups.
  • My next ultrasound is tomorrow to check her growth. I think I'm gonna pop into the actual doc office and see if I can just do the glucose test tomorrow instead of Dec 3rd. Kids are going remote for 2 weeks and trying to get a sitter for anything is tough and stressful. Not that I wanna do the test although I'm prepping the worst and assuming GD.  It's a week earlier than they want but I've seen so many do them anytime between 24-28 weeks so being that I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow... maybe I can just get it done and over with.
  • @aaimee I had my glucose test at 24 weeks 2 days - so I'm sure they'll let you do it at 27! 🤞 I'm sure it will come out fine!

I have a normal prenatal checkup tomorrow - I wish I got to have an US every time I went haha but I know that's not the way it works. Do they normally do another one after the anatomy scan if they don't sense any issues?
  • @rubyroux_89 I asked my doctor at my last appt and she said no more ultrasounds unless they think something is wrong or they need to check for something. If everything is normal I won't see her until she's out! 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @rubyroux_89 my office is the same as @tamalahoops you don’t have any more after 20 weeks unless they need to check something specific. For example, my fundal height is 3cm high and my fluid was 26 not 25 at the anatomy scan so I have a 30 week growth scan on Wednesday to make sure I don’t have a giant baby
  • @rubyroux_89 I only get extra ultrasounds bc of issues (both with baby and me). 
  • Well looks like I will have to be a patient girl!
    I'm okay with that because it would mean everything is hunky dory :)

I was already a little spoiled in the beginning because I had like 5 during my first/second tri because I had SCH and then placenta previa (which have both resolved) so I can't complain!
  • @aaimee I hope your appointment went well today! ❤️
  • Had a regular OB appt today. Measured fundal height (measured in at 30cm which is good for 29weeks despite the fact that I feel massive). Talked about my back pain and she suggested a belly band/support so I have to order that. The worrisome part is that my blood sugar has actually been getting better which is abnormal without cause. I am not eating any better or exercising more which would be possible reasons. Another reason could be a problem with the placenta, so she called the MFM to get his opinion but he isn’t in today. They may move my next ultrasound up instead of waiting 2 more weeks. And of course as I was writing this I checked my post lunch number and it was 129 which is about 30 points higher than it has been. So who even knows 🤷‍♀️. She told me I have to start doing kick counts now too. 
  • Ultrasound went well. She's still measuring about 5-6days behind their edd. When I explained that I knew the date of conception ((well, the day span of June 5-7) which would make sense on why she's measuring smaller, they said it didn't matter and they are sticking with their edd and then said they were still concerned with her being 5 days behind. When I got home, I saw the u/s report from today showing their edd of 2/23 and then the u/s edd as 2/28 (which is where it would be based on my conception date).  As for the glucose test, nope. Was told to stay with the 3rd, even though there's a chance I would have to cancel and push it back if I couldn't get a babysitter. They'd rather me push it back a week (or more) then to just do it a week early. 
  • Had my 28 week today! Pretty uneventful besides my tdap which I barely even felt.  My ob is booked up because of thanksgiving and her taking the week off next week so she asked if instead of coming back in 2 weeks I come back in 3 because everything has been going smoothly so I said sure. When I go back I’ll be 31 weeks ahhh that seems so legit. 
  • @moguippy I had SPD with my second, and I found the maternity support belt just hurt worse. If you find you need a different support I had better luck wrapping my belly and shifting some of the weight off of my hips to my shoulders. I just used a baby wrap from Lillebaby and some videos on YouTube. 

@aaimee that is so freaking frustrating.