March 2021 Moms

Vision Changes

Anyone dealing with vision changes from pregnancy!? Even with my prescription glasses/contact lenses my vision has gotten noticeably worse. I have an eye appointment booked in a couple weeks, just find it so crazy how drastically this pregnancy has changed my vision!! It’s also only made my right eye worse which is even more bizarre. 

Anyone else?? If you’ve had this happen in your previous pregnancies, did it go back to normal afterwards??

Re: Vision Changes

• How crazy that just one eye would get so drastically worse.  My vision actually changed only in the last month of pregnancy/first month postpartum and it only slightly changed for the BETTER.  It was so odd.  It's stabilized and hasn't change since. I hope it stabilizes for you and doesn't get any worse!
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • @juliebeannn it’s so crazy!! I can barely concentrate throughout the day because of it. I’m really interested in seeing what the optometrist has to say about it
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven’t had any vision changes yet but it’s so nuts that pregnancy can cause vision changes. I hadn’t even heard about that until a few years ago. There’s so much people don’t tell you about pregnancy lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar Yeah it's so crazy.  It's something to do with the extra blood and fluid going through your body, making your eyeballs change.  It's crazy.  

@jfcmomoftwo It's the reason why I couldn't get lasik.  I was scheduled to get it done the week I got my BFP and they said I couldn't do it.  They actually don't suggest women get lasik done until after they're done having kids for this reason.  It's crazy.  I guess it happens enough where they have these types of recommendations.
  • I have also noticed I’m not seeing as clearly out of my glasses... 😬 I had lost my glasses and was going without. I finally got them back and I feel like they’re not quite right now.
  • @juliebeannn I had laser surgery (SMILE procedure, not LASIK) this spring and they recommended not getting pregnant within 3-6 months or something like that due to potential vision changes. Well, you know what happened  :D I was a little freaked out, but I haven't had any vision changes so far. The optometrist doing my follow-ups reassured me that it's really nothing to be concerned about, especially with the procedure I had because there's more biomechanical stability compared to LASIK. Anyway, something you may consider looking into if you really don't want to wait for vision correction until after you're done having kids. Oh, and I LOVE not wearing glasses or contacts!!
  • Finally got into see the eye doctor today and my right eye had a drastic change in prescription like I had thought. Interestingly enough, my left eye almost got better?? Super strange haha. The optometrist thinks the change is likely permanent due to the fact it has only occurred in one eye. Ordered a six month supply of contacts which will take me to two months after baby is born and we will reassess after that!!
  • juliebeannnjuliebeannn member
    edited November 2020
    @jfcmomoftwo My prescription got better in just one eye too, and it was also permanent. I'm so glad you got to see your doc and get new contacts.  Not being able to see straight is one of the most frustrating things!