June 2021 Moms

Canadian Moms check in

2»

Re: Canadian Moms check in

• Westcoast kids has 15% site wide. 20% off all nanit stuff (if you want their monitor!). 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Going to have to check out their site today! 
    I need an infant insert for the mamaroo!
  • Loading the player...
  • Chapters indigo had a lot of their baby stuff on for Black Friday! 
  • Dang it, I haven't done my own research on any big items yet, and I feel like I'm going to miss out on some good deals! 
  • I hear you there. I’ve been trying to figure out how to get 3 across in my Mazda3 and clek had a sale on. I debated buying 2 seats but at the same time I don’t want to spend a pile of money with the baby not coming until May, especially if they don’t work, sending them back would be super challenging. 
  • For my fellow Canadian friends: sign up for free newborn diapers and other samples at https://pamperssamples.ca/ 

I got this amazing box last time and I will be signing up again! 

• Lurking from May BMB. Due June 6, but that was only since 2 weeks ago. My LMP due date was May 25. Saw the Canadian thread and may come over just to participate here because it will be anyone's guess which month the baby will come. 

@wendy838 I went to signup and they asked about a referral code. Do you have one?  Or anyone? otherwise I'll just sign up. 
  • FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Ages of other children: DS 14 months
    What part of Canada are you from?: Born and raised Winnipegger, but living abroad @AKuzReve in Panama
    Any questions?:
    GTKY what’s your favourite winter activity for those Canadian Winters?: Skating on the river. 
  • @littlelibelula If I have a referral code, I have no idea what it is! Thanks for asking though :) 
  • @littlelibelula welcome!! I lived in Winnipeg for about 8 months! Their food scene is one of the best in Canada. Every time I have to eat a shitty perogie I miss it. But really only for them. 
  • @kristah2 I miss perogies so much. I love Cheemo frozen perogies and if I could get them here, they definitely would be my top pregnancy food. I am getting faster making them by hand, but it's not the same. Although I know lots of people who will only eat the handmade ones. 😄
  • @littlelibelula mmm Chemo perogies are my favorite. Thats all I buy. Now I want some 😆
  • @littlelibelula, I swear all my food cravings are often only things I can get in Canada. It’s so irritating haha. Last pregnancy, I planned a 6 day trip home just to eat. 😂

• @AKuzReve What else Canadian do you crave? Sorry if this starts some insatiable cravings. 
  • My craving for poutine was so strong today I had to go buy cheese curds and have it for lunch. 
  • Omg i have been craving poutine like crazy lately too. Mmmm
  • Yummy, DH wanted Costco poutine this week and I did not object. 
  • @wendy838 I have been craving specifically the Costco poutine lol Its the BEST! 
  • @mindyb2019We call it cheap date night whenever we eat there lol it just sucks that they closed the seating area so by the time you bring it somewhere to eat, it’s all soggy! I love it when the fries are fresh and crispy *drool*

• @wendy838 cheap dinner dates at costco are the best. I like the hotdogs too lol. I miss those being pregnant:( omg I know right? The crispy fries is what makes it the best poutine lol and that thick beefy gravy (drool) 😋 lol Man I'm making myself hungry now 😆 
  • @mindyb2019 hot dogs are fine while you’re pregnant! I had one from there a couple weeks ago. Though the heartburn after was rough. 

UO but I don’t like Costco fries. But I do like their poutine!! 
    Omg all this talk and I’m going to want another one. 
  • @kristah2 we can have hot dogs while pregnant?? I was told we can't cause there not safe with all the nitrates and the high risk of listeria like deli meats 🤷‍♀️
  • @mindyb2019 as long as they’re cooked to the proper temperature, it takes care of the risk of listeria. As for nitrates 🤷🏻‍♀️ I won’t lie, I had a hot dog from there as well lol 
    @kristah2 Costco fries hit the spot sometimes. I’ll always love my fries from mcds.
  • @wendy838 I have to agree. Mcds fries are my fav and always love them. I had some the other day lol 
  • @mindyb2019 have your hot dog girl!!! I also eat sandwich meat sometimes. Usually a cold cut from subway since I know they have so many regulations with having everything stored at certain temps etc so I trust it. 
    I will stay away from soft cheeses and stuff like that of course. 

Omg McDonald’s fries. 
    I’m so hungry again. 
  • west coaster kids has the Hushh sound machine for 40% off. It’s the BEST sound machine. So easy to travel with too. I just bought 2 for the new baby. 

• @AKuzReve I added that hush sound machine to my Amazon baby registry. I've never heard of it before till then. Does it work really well and is good? I think it looks cool. 
  • @mindyb2019, it’s amazing! It works super well. My son sleeps 12-13 hours a night and it lasts all night. Super easy to travel with and has come on all vacations, on the plane, etc. If he’s in the carrier, I just clip it on and drown out loud noises. In the stroller, the same. His room is in the front of the house and we have a bar on the end of the street and he sleeps through it. Over Christmas, we had fire crackers (the ones that sound like a bomb) go off in front of his bedroom - loud enough that the monitor picked it up but he kept on sleeping. And the sound isn’t annoying/irritating. So many are so annoying. 

• I’ve never used a noise machine with either of my 2 but I might with this one since toddlers are loud. Thanks for the recommendation!!
  • wendy838wendy838 member
    edited January 2021
    @AKuzReve good find! I was too slow and it’s out of stock so hoping more will be available soon.

edit: I was able to price match with best buy, yay!