Weekly Check-In 11/2

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days):

FTM/STM/STM+:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Are you still focused on Thanksgiving or skipped right to early Christmas/Hanukkah? 

Re: Weekly Check-In 11/2

• Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 24-6

FTM/STM/STM+: fourth time mom

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments: in a few weeks

How are you feeling?: good, tired. huge.

Rants/Raves: meh

Questions:

GTKY: Are you still focused on Thanksgiving or skipped right to early Christmas/Hanukkah? I’m focused on my thanksgiving cheat meal since I technically shouldn’t..... I’m drooling thinking of green beans casserole and stuffing and mashed potatoes. 😋

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hanfam2021 I watched the office when it aired, but not since! I loved the stretch where Pam and Angela were pregnant 😂
  • Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 25+4

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby's footprint is the size of a AAA battery

Upcoming appointments: Not for a couple more weeks for glucose test

How are you feeling?: My only complaint is that sleep is hard. Baby girl has started kicking so hard in the night it wakes me up! I kind of like it because it is comforting to know she is in there and active, but it also sometimes kind of scares me, like, is she trying to escape?!

Rants/Raves:  H and I had an awesome time up in the mountains this weekend. That fresh mountain air just gives me life :) 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you still focused on Thanksgiving or skipped right to early Christmas/Hanukkah? I'm trying to stay focused on Thanksgiving, but I'm becoming very tempted to take down my fall decorations and put up my Christmas decorations with all this talk of people moving on to Christmas...

• Options
    @birdiejo I've had weird doctor weigh ins as well. I think time of day and what I'm wearing messes with it a bit. I guess for exercise equipment it depends on what you like to do 🤷🏻‍♀️ I really recommend second hand equipment (FB marketplace or craigslist, etc) because there are usually some really good deals on stuff that people just don't use. DH has a stationary bike he likes, I have a treadmill that I should probably use more 😂 another thing I really like are TRX straps for strength training (I actually have an off brand that work just fine). I can get a pretty solid workout in with them, it's easy to adjust for ability, and they pack up into a small bag
  • Options
    edited November 2020

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 24+4

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments: in a couple weeks for the glucose test

How are you feeling?: pretty good, just not sleeping very well.

Rants/Raves: rave: After a five month hiatus, I got back into my sewing room last night and picked up some quilting! I was feeling burned out in the late spring, but now it’s giving me energy and happiness again!

Questions: none

GTKY: Are you still focused on Thanksgiving or skipped right to early Christmas/Hanukkah? Both. I’ll make and freeze Christmas cookies before Thanksgiving (while jamming to Christmas tunes obvs) so that I’ll have many dozens to gift out at Christmas, and cut down a Christmas tree and decorate Thanksgiving weekend.

• Options
    @jumpy57 "babies sleep a lot Pam ... if you feed them enough" :D I started watching it when I was like in high school as season 3 was coming out and kept up with it until Michael left when I was in college. Now that it's on Netflix it's like my white noise lol. I probably watch it too much.

@birdiejo It was probably just a weird day and time of day. I can easily fluctuate 3lbs from day to day depending on my water retention, and what time of day I'm weighing myself, especially if I'm wearing heavy clothes/shoes. As long as you feel good, I wouldn't worry. Although I totally get it - when I see a number higher than I would like I always freak out. And then two days later I'm magically back to where I wanted to be in the first place. 

@tamalahoops "ew what is that?" "butter! newborns are slippery" <3 
    I'm in the same boat as you: if she came now I'd theoretically be estatic because I'm so impatient to meet her, but she obviously needs all of this time to grow and develop. My Hello Mommy app dinged this morning and said "Hello Mommy! I'm not ready to come into the world, I have a lot of growing and developing to do :) For me, every day in your tummy is like another dose of the elixir of life!" It's like it can read my thoughts.

@kkfishy9 I think the same thing! It's comforting to feel her move, but she sometimes is like absolutely hell bent on trying to bust out. My husband likes to say "this is her getting her energy out so she can be a super calm baby once she's born" ... yeah right :D 
  • Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 26+0

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: As long as a stalk of celery

Upcoming appointments: Going for my glucose test on Weds next wk

How are you feeling?: Extra tired. 

Rants/Raves: Rant- we purposely transitioned our 3 y/o to his new room in Sept to ease with the baby going into his old room. For the first few wks it was fine, but now that he’s fully nighttime trained and wearing underwear overnight he’s constantly getting up to pee and will 50/50 go back to his room and sleep or just stand in the hallway and cry about something random (missing stuffed animal, can’t get under the blanket, needing a hug, whatever he can come up with). Sometimes it’s 3 times a night, sometimes it’s zero. I will make my husband go deal with it most of the time if he wasn’t working the late shift that night/is off, but it’s so hard when I have to deal with it on top of just not sleeping bc of pregnancy 😖 Today was extra annoying bc it was 45 mins before my alarm was set to go off so you know I couldn’t go back to sleep. I’m hoping it’s just a phase and gets better before February! I don’t want to think about two diff kids waking up multiple times a night. STM+ Moms- any insight?

Questions: none ATM

GTKY: Are you still focused on Thanksgiving or skipped right to early Christmas/Hanukkah? Tryyyying to focus on Thanksgiving even though we most likely aren’t seeing family this year and DH is working that day. But I’ve been slowly buying more Xmas decor and counting down the days till Black Friday when I’ve deemed it acceptable to put all my decorations up. 

• Options
    @jumpy57 I had gone in the afternoon so after I saw the number I was like ok I’ll subtract at least 2 lbs but still if I keep up a 2 lb per week gain it’ll be tough losing afterwards! I’ve never just magically lost weight from breastfeeding. I got back to pre preg with my first with exercise and lots of time and my second never completely made it back so I’m hoping just staying more aware will keep me in check so I don’t give myself a huge hurdle post partum. 

I think I want a bike but I also want a treadmill! Haha! But we don’t have space for both. I’m home with the kids all day and because mine are bigger I can’t exactly take them on a run and our bike rides are not very high intensity so since we quit the gym because of Covid I’m like give me allllll the things in my home. 
  • Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 24weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: Mom of 2 girls already, another on the way!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: ear or corn or cantaloupe depending on the website.

Upcoming appointments: check up this Thursday and then an ultrasound again on the 23rd since she's measuring a week behind. 

How are you feeling?: Mostly ok. Patience is running thin and I find myself getting angry a lot. :(

Rants/Raves: All of our stores are out of Brooks Hot chili beans and I just wanna make some chili.

Questions: nope

GTKY: Are you still focused on Thanksgiving or skipped right to early Christmas/Hanukkah? I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. Swapped out the Halloween decor for more autumn/Thanksgiving decor yesterday. Making arrangements to hopefully have a quick visit with both my father in law and my mom. 

• Options
    @szwill86 ughhhh my 4 year old likes to wake up in the middle of the night to demand cuddles or cry about something. We explained to her that mommy and daddy are sleeping and safe really tired and that has helped, she'll wake up and be proud that she stayed in her bed all night

@birdiejo could you get a bike trainer stand for your bike? Then you would have extra cash for other equipment 😉
  • Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 26+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: bowling pin or butternut squash

Upcoming appointments: next Monday at MFM for monthly ultrasound  

How are you feeling?: meh. Tons of heartburn and trouble sleeping. I cried twice yesterday from sheer stress and hormones, so that wasn’t fun. I couldn’t even hold in the snark at the drive by poster. I feel much more pregnant than I am. like I feel how I did when I was 8months pregnant with my first. 

Rants/Raves: my blood sugar had been creeping up about 2 weeks ago but it seems to have gone back down to “normal” for me 🤷‍♀️

Questions:

GTKY: Are you still focused on Thanksgiving or skipped right to early Christmas/Hanukkah? Ehhh in the middle. My H already put on Christmas music today and I want to watch a Christmas movie. But we won’t decorate or get a tree until after Thanksgiving. With Covid we don’t even know what we will be doing to celebrate so it’s just not super exciting. 

• Options
    babyturtle22babyturtle22 member
    edited November 2020

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 25+3

FTM/STM/STM+:FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Prairie dog

Upcoming appointments: Nov 19th check-in with midwife

How are you feeling?: good! No complaints at the moment thankfully 

Rants/Raves: rant: I am so frustrated with my fiance's job.. with him being the new guy, he was scheduled to work every holiday. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. I really don't care about Halloween and New Years, just the fact that they put him on every single one. Since we are both in health care I get it, every year we have to miss holidays or celebrate at a different time but I thought just ONE year he'd be able to come to either Thanksgiving or Christmas with my family! Its just a small gathering of close family, but still we have traditions every year that he has never been a part of since we've been together due to either school or work and I was really hopeful it would happen this year since we are within driving distance. So now I have to decide if I go without him or stay with him and do our own thing. I guess I just need to hope he can come next year when our child will be here. 

Questions: nada

GTKY: Are you still focused on Thanksgiving or skipped right to early Christmas/Hanukkah? 

Focused on Thanksgiving! Assuming I go without my fiance, it will be the first Thanksgiving with family I've gotten to go to in about 5+ years due to living out of state and working in health care. We don't usually start decorating/thinking about Christmas until the weekend after Thanksgiving 🙂

• Options
    @babyturtle22 - That's crappy that he has to work all of them and totally unfair.

At my job we've got 3 different groups when it comes to holidays and I've been pretty happy with how they do it:
    1 - People who work holidays based on their normal day off rotation (we work a 5 day on, 2 day off normal work rotation with the same shift & schedule every week.)
    2 - People who are off for all of them (mainly office / support staff)
    3 - People from one particular Department that take turns. They print off a list of every company holiday in the year towards the end of the previous year and pick which holiday they want to work in order of seniority. So if you're at the bottom of the list you might have to work a holiday you don't want, but you're only going to end up with one or two - and the people with two are almost always high seniority that sign up for another for additional holiday pay. 

My DH works for a transportation company, and the holidays he works are frequently determined by the industries that they are servicing and the mood of his boss on that given week. Sometimes we don't find out if he's working the holiday until a few days beforehand, so it's impossible to plan around in advance. I've frequently have to travel to family functions alone during the time we've been together. It agree that it totally sucks =(
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options

27+1

FTM/STM/STM+:

STM+

Deflated basketball 🤣

Upcoming appointments:

Glucose Friday. Then something when I get back home in mid November 

How are you feeling?:

Acid reflux can kick rocks. Also like I need to slow down but I don’t want to do it...

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

Christmas. Three day break to celebrate Thanksgiving. Christmas again. 🤣

@birdiejo I have a stationary bike that I’m looking forward to working out on when we get home minus my butt going numb. 

@hannahbananas11 so fun! Are you quilting for the baby??

• Options

27+3

FTM/STM/STM+:

FTM

A three hole punch 

Upcoming appointments:

This morning for a sonogram on babies heart. Then in two weeks for routine. 

How are you feeling?:

Exhausted. Soooo tired. But then pregnancy insomnia wont let me sleep like I need. Plus heart burn and a baby who is trying to bruise my uterus while I sleep. 

Rants/Raves:

Super excited that my husband and I found our "forever home" by a total fluke (we weren't even looking to move). Soooo stressed because we are now trying to sell our house and our pets make it so difficult. Our youngest dog wont go to my husband when I'm not home so I have to go pick up the pets every showing. Thankfully my work schedule is flexible but it's been less than 24 hours and its killing me already. There isnt much either of us can do about it, but I'm already tired and the added stress just adds to it. 

Questions:

None

Normally I decorate for christmas after Thanksgiving. For the year of 2020 my tree was going to go up after halloween because I love Christmas and this year needs the christmas cheer. But now with the move I have to wait until it's over. So Thanksgiving focus for now and we will be spending it with my husbands family. 

@hanfam2021 people here are acting like covid isnt real anymore too! In kansas we are about to hit a peak again too and I cant believe it seems like no one is taking it seriously. 

• Options
    @hannahbananas11 I've always wanted to try quilting! I'm a self taught crocheter so I've been trying to work on making a bunch of granny squares for a random blanket I saw months ago. 240 squares at 5.5in each. This thing will be huge.  I have a friend that makes quilts, I'm hoping to have her teach me a little. I stashed away onesies from both of my other girls and a receiving blanket for each that I want to put together (eventually). Kinda like a t shirt blanket but smaller. 
  • Options
    Question: Registering for diapers? Y/N? I may be overthinking it, but it seems extra complicated to have to potentially register for multiple brands/qty/sizes. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 27+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby can start to recognize mom and dads voices 

Upcoming appointments: Monday for just a tummy check 

How are you feeling?: pregnancy wise — great! Had a hemangioma removed from my lip yesterday and that feels horrible!

Rants/Raves: got on the scale tonight and I’m still not really gaining too much weight so I’m proud of Myself!!

Questions: anyone know any natural ways to numb my mouth LoL OB nixed orajel and topical numbing agents 

GTKY: Are you still focused on Thanksgiving or skipped right to early Christmas/Hanukkah?  Ehhhh thanksgiving .. I’m a little bit of a Scrooge when it comes to Christmas 

• Options
    @WildMagelet I never registered for diapers but was gifted really cool "diaper cakes" for each girl and got several random packs with gifts. It's something easy people know you'll need and feel comfortable going off registry for. If you sign up for all the random free registry gifts you can sample several types that way too. You can always give diapers as a suggestion when people ask if you need anything too
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick probably not making anything for the baby, just because I've got a backlog of projects that I've chosen fabric for and I'm really excited about.
    @aaimee that sounds great! My first quilt was a baby-sized quilt made from a few charm packs (pre-cut 5" squares). It was a perfect first project because all of the sewing was very straightforward lines, rather than trying to make triangles and stars and such. Use a bunch of starch for onesies, since that fabric has a bit of stretch to it. So basically starch it, then cut to size (a rotary cutter with a rotary cutting ruler will do wonders for this part and make it go very quickly and accurately), then sew! It'll look great!
  • Options
    @wildmagelet we didn't register for diapers with my first but with our baby shower invites we just put a little note that said to bring a pack of diapers or wipes to be entered in a drawing. whenever I buy someone a baby gift I include a pack of diapers, and this time around when people have asked if we need anything I just say diapers. Even if diapers aren't on your registry, I know you can exchange at target for a brand you like if you need to (as long as they sell the brand) if you have a registry through target. We had too many of a size we outgrew too fast so I just took them to target and exchanged for a bigger size pack.  I also think it's hard to tell early what diapers work for your kid too. 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 thanks for the tips! Cause I'd probably have ruined the first one! 
    I got another row attached for my crochet granny square blanket. I have to make a few more in various colors before row 5 can be attached. Next time, I'm definitely going to scale back the size of these and/or a smaller pixelated pattern!