May 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/2

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/2

• Options
    OMG I just got to work and realized I forgot to take/bring my zofran. 
  • Options
    @gusgus14 OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @texas_t I cannot believe I forgot! I ended up leaving work to go home and take it because I was already starting to feel like I was going to puke. Bleh. On the plus side, I decided to just work from home since I had to come back anyway. 
  • Options
    Yesss. I’ve literally been drinking cranberry juice every day mixed with club soda and it’s amazing. 
  • Options
    mrosek91 said:
    @gusgus14 that's so annoying! I'm sorry, but it's great that you can work from home.

I just had a client ask if we're planning on having more kids. I know it was just small talk, but I still can't believe people ask that question! I replied "If G-d wants us to." I don't usually like being so overtly religious at work, but I was so flabbergasted I didn't know what to say.
    When people asked us if we were going to have a second, my go to answer was always "maybe when we can afford it". They usually shut right up after that. Our second is a kind of oops baby and we would have waited a bit longer because DC is stupid expensive.

Test drove some more SUVs this morning. I think we're narrowing in on a winner. Getting excited at the prospect of a new car :)
  • Options
    @yellingbanana Sorry you had the scare! I know how draining that can be just thinking about the possibilities. We're currently tied between the Toyata Venza or the 2021 Sorento Hybrid. I think the Sorento has better longevity for our family but we just need to test drive it. I drive a ton so a hybrid is a must and there aren't too many of them in SUV form. 
  • Options
    @mkc3888 I need to put them in my purse! I had my first prescription in there but after I got the refill I've just left it in the kitchen. I take them every single day so I can't believe I forgot! Definitely going to switch them to my purse today.
  • Options
    My SIL's wedding is a week and a half away. DH and I are in the wedding and I have no desire to go...at all. First, because of the COVID risk...our numbers keep rising here in MI so I'm a nervous wreck about it. Second because everything is so fricken strict & controlled because she has a wedding planner who needs to control everything. Dress and shoe color I completely get, but a few weeks ago I had to send in a hair style to be approved (🙄) and I was told today that we must wear nude colored nails. I have been in several weddings and have never been told what color to paint my nails or how to wear my hair. I just ordered some color street nails (thanks to all of you 😜) and now I can't even wear them because I didn't order nude ones!! 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @spartan4life. Eek! That is pretty extreme.

Found out my super expensive insurance sucks so bad that it would cost over $200 more for my NIPT bloodwork than if I didn’t use insurance. Luckily the person working there caught that and took my insurance info off so it’s only $349 instead of $589. Is that insane or what? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @yellingbanana my dr office told me that would likely happen for me too, so before they ordered it i called my insurance company to see.  so crazy that using insurance makes it cost more!!!
  • Options
    @mimser Oh my goodness! Wow, that feels like no time at all!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mrosek91 @SkilledSailor definitely the answers I go to. If its church people definitely, "if it's God's will" and if I don't want to answer,  "I'd love more, but you know how it is during covid, finances are so tight". And I'm pregnant so the answer doesn't really matter. 😆 So not really lying just avoiding the question

• Options
    I'm starving today.  I feel like I eat and 2 hours later I'm starving again!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @mkc3888 imagine third trimester how much we'll be able to eat and it will be "for the baby". That's the wonderful thing for me, not the starving, the ability to eat so frequently. 
  • Options
    @littlelibelula My first pregnancy, I lost weight until third tri because I was sick and never really hungry.  When I saw my MFM he said to try not to gain more than 10 lbs and I was like no biggie that's what I gained last time.  Welp! so much for that!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    I have the lazies this week and don't feel like doing individual check-ins :#
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mrosek91 that is so funny that your son remembered and figured it out!! And so sweet! 

I’m sitting in a children’s dental office right now while DS 3 just went under general anesthesia to get some cavities filled. I feel so terrible, and like I’ve failed as well. I always have cavities, and my children generally got my cavity-prone teeth. But he is the youngest at 3yrs to need fillings and it fills me with guilt. 
    Also, watching him go under anesthesia was terrifying. 

• Options
    We finally cleaned out our storage unit and I found my maternity clothes! I am looking forward to pulling out my pants because all my other pants are getting too tight.
  • Options
    Enjoy @spartan4life! I took them out this week and everyday I'm amazed at how comfortable maternity underwear is 😅
  • Options
    @mimser maybe a ffc? But I never put away my maternity underwear...I've still been wearing them the past 2+ years 🤣
  • Options
    @spartan4life Not only am I never going to put them away, that's what I'm buying from now on! 😅
  • Options
    Maternity pants just fall down all day, I don't know how you guys are wearing them. I tried one day and it was way more uncomfortable than my too tight pants lol. 

• Options
    Good luck @mimser you got this! 💪❤️

• Options
    Sending you all the good vibes @mimser!

• Options
    @mimser that’s great news!

@nbcarlson my maternity jeans and one of the leggings are still a bit too big for me so if I want to wear them, I wear a Bellaband over the waist and it keeps them up. Regular yoga pants are what fits best right now, but I’m glad I have most of what I think I’ll need for winter maternity clothes on hand. We’ll fit them before we know it!
  • Options
    @mimser yay! Glad it went well <3