Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday 10.27

Who or what is being a twatwaffle in your life this week? (Another safe space to bitch about it.) 

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 10.27

• Options
    My dental PTSD is a major TW. 
    TW: its a doozy of a ride/pregnancy mentioned

When I was a toddler I climbed on a folding TV tray while my mom was upstairs. Well... I fell off and hit my mouth on a stone fireplace hearth which knocked my 4 tiny front teeth back up into my gums and killing them. I had to have massive dental surgery and this was early 1990s so the pediatric dentistry of today didn't yet exist. At one point I was held to the chair by the assistant while screaming for my mom. I was regularly given codine before appointments. 
    Fast forward to adulthood and I get massive anxiety when it comes to teeth. So in Oct15 I was pregnant and broke a molar but wouldnt go to the dentist. I literally have been here for 5 years with a broken tooth. Yesterday I break it more and finally decide to go to the dentist office. I have an appointment in 2 hours and I can already feel my heart racing. 

Tldr: I have dental anxiety from childhood trauma and a broken molar
  • Options
    @legendairymomma jeez lady! That sounds so painful. My husband had a broken molar a couple years ago, and woke up in the middle of the night with IMMENSE pain in his head. We ended up bringing him to the ER at 2AM, only to find out it was a broken molar with an exposed nerve. They gave him a nerve block, and he got to the dentist later that day. I can't believe you have gone five years with it!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @legendairymomma Hope your appointment goes better than you expected and you can relieve your anxiety soon afterwards!!!!  That definitely sounds like some crazy painful trauma!

My TW today is the end of October.  I hate the freaking end of October.  Oct. 23rd is the date of my first D&C/MC.  So I also see it as the marking of my TTCAL journey.  So it sucks that I've passed 5 years now of all of this.  And/plus/also my job does our annual reviews (Fiscal Year for Govt starts Oct 1) and our agency is always finding new ways to screw with us.  Plus, everyone I've talked to today seems really sensitive and on edge... and since this isn't a great time for me, I'm definitely giving it back.  #LosingFriendsQuickly 
    I just want to punch a wall, clean/organize my house some, and then work on some sewing/crafting projects while eating cheesecake (and while everyone leaves me the hell alone).  LOL.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Options
    @capnjackharkness I’m sorry.😢 Oddly, Oct. 23rd is also my first loss anniversary that kicked this all off two years ago. It’s been a heavy few days mentally. Sending you some positive vibes & hoping you make it through the work week with at least some friends left.😉 I hope you get to eat cheesecake & do all the crafty things you would rather be doing right now.💓
  • Options
    @capnjackharkness @keikilove and guess what day Friday was.... 😐
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @keikilove Well, the cheesecake is gone!  :lol:  About to change and do a boxing style workout, so maybe that'll help me out some?  Then hoping to do some cleaning/organizing and then after dinner relax and craft/sew.  So... fingers crossed :wink:

@inthewoods23 Ugh. I wonder if that date has some sort of cosmic significance or something? 

You know guys, I liked it better when I found out a shared a birthday with other people on here... sharing a pivotal MC date is not nearly as fun and exciting.  :disappointed:

#NeedMoreCheesecake
    #AlsoAcceptsCakeAndCookies
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Options
    @inthewoods23, @keikilove, and @capnjackharkness I’m off by a few days but my now empty due date is the 29th so I agree that the end of october can just go die somewhere. 
  • Options
    @fitzfizz my FET from last year would have had a due date of 5/29 and this first pregnancy a due date of 6/2. Cursed time of year for me!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Yeah, I lost baby #3 in October as well.  (although a week or so earlier in the month). So basically mid to late October is just a shit storm of memories.  (I think the weather changing also is involved for me.)

But I did some boxing and now I feel like I beat the crap out of someone (er well, feel like I lightly wimpy touched/punched someone repeatedly anyway)...
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Options
    My TW is my MIL. She made a French toast bake on Saturday and made certain she was getting dairy free milk for it. Well, the TW used DAIRY BUTTER. *tw lc* we just got back from urgent care after DD threw up from eating it. This is not a choice, MIL. This is an ALLERGY.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    My TW is my entire PTO week being anything but relaxing. Car washes, errands, house work and projects. 
  • Options
    @chindimples04 ON NO!  Hope DD is ok!  Does MIL think it's just a choice?  Or did she try and not even think about the fact that the butter was dairy?
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Options
    @capnjackharkness in all fairness, she did try. She was super carefully about using dairy free milk but didn’t think twice about the butter. Thankfully her reaction was only
    vomiting but at this point, I don’t think she’s ever going to grow out of it. 😭 Vomiting is a severe reaction and a new one for her, so I’m just pissed that it got to this point. She felt awful, but I’m still so annoyed.
    TTC History

• Options
    @chindimples04 Ugh that sucks all around!  :disappointed:  I just know it sounded like something I could do unintentionally.  Ugh.  Sorry.  
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Options
    @capnjackharkness oh, for sure! I’ve done it unintentionally with dairy as a tiny ingredient in some boxed stuff. It’s so hard! 
    TTC History