June 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight 10/26: First Tri Survival Essentials!

DreamReve1DreamReve1 member
edited October 2020 in June 2021 Moms
Happy Monday! To kick off our Product Spotlight series, I thought I would open up discussion of what products helped or are helping survive the first trimester! 

Got a great product for queasiness? A nice brand of soft underclothing that don't irritate sore boobs? Those glasses with eyeballs painted on them so no one can catch you napping at work? Please share!

Upcoming spotlight discussions 

Re: Product Spotlight 10/26: First Tri Survival Essentials!

• Pink Stork morning sickness tea really helps my nausea,  but after a while the peach flavoring of it starts to make me sick, so I've been drinking a lot of Celestial Seasonings Rooibos. I can add lemon or other juice to mix it up and it helps just as much as the pink stork does. 

I also really enjoy these prince of peace ginger chews for nausea. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779PY9KC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_B5SLFbVE27HWY

They are quite strong on the ginger flavor but really help settle my stomach. I just suck on one and it lasts me quite a while.  
  • I second the ginger chews. I think I have "Gin-Gins" and the ones from Trader Joe's, they're both good. I also have some ginger beer on hand, as it's a bit stronger/less sweet than ginger ale. 

I also recommend bands/extenders for your pants. It's a great way to give yourself a little breathing room before having to switch over to full-on maternity pants (highly recommend for Thanksgiving eating...if your pants fit now, they won't after you fill up with food). I got the M Like Mama set from Amazon, which has two sizes of elastic extenders and a band to go over it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Some of my favorite products currently are:

preggo pop drops - yummy candy (I don’t like ginger) that relieve nausea. 

Align leggings from lululemon - comfortable and stretchy to get through a portion of pregnancy and will come in hand after birth when maternity clothes are too big but I don’t fit back into normal clothes yet. 

• Hmm first tri: I’d make sure to have disposable coffee cups and trash bags in the car. I was throwing up all the time. Nothing really eased my morning sickness except for diclegis. The preggo pops made my teeth feel filmy. 

And ditto on the align lululemon leggings!! The absolute best. I used them my entire pregnancy. 

USB drive: My OB told us to bring one in to download all ultrasounds

and not necessary but it’s the best: https://www.amazon.com/Comfy-Sweatshirt-Comfortable-Originally-Featured/dp/B07DKSY26D 😂😂 trust me!!!

• @mc0303 I'm literally in a comfy right now 🤣🤣 Can't recommend enough. 
  • I get pretty bad morning sickness from 6 weeks til about 20 weeks. My first pregnancy I was on Diclegis but my insurance stopped covering it, so I take the active ingredients B6 and Unisom. I take a half tablet of Unisom with 25 mg of B6 every night and up to twice during the day if I need it. It gets me through each week.

Also, for the family, paper products and frozen dinners. Life saver.
  • @artsiefartsie best purchase ever!! 🤣
  • @mc0303 OMG!! I need a comfy. Im legit freezing cold ALL the time 😆 that looks amazing. 
  • Flintstone vitamins. 

I can't do gummies or standard PNV, Flintstone Complete are decent, and I can manage to swallow a tiny folate pill with it. They do not have DHA in them, so I only take them in first tri/ as long as I can't manage a true PNV. I do drink a fortified orange juice though. 
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Align leggings are the best.  I wear them everyday.  Pretty sure I'm asking Santa for the comfy this year.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• I've never heard of a comfy, but now I want one!
  • I'm so ordering a comfy!  Its 12 degrees right now and I could really use it right now, lol.
  • Traditional Medicinals Morning Ease lemon ginger lozenges are great for my morning sickness. I also LOVE the bamboobies lemon ginger morning sickness relief drink packets.
    I also cannot recommend the VIISHOW empire waist dresses on amazon enough- I own five of them already (sleeveless, short sleeve, and long sleeve versions) and they will be a lifesaver throughout pregnancy (and they're SUPER cute for afterwards too). They can easily be dressed up for the office which is a huge bonus and y'all THEY HAVE POCKETS!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Sorry had to post and run. 

I agree on align leggings. But I wear those about 90% of the year, pregnant or not. They’re also really good for post c/s! 

I lived off cereal my 1st pregnancy until I was 18 weeks pregnant. I do not recommend watermelon. 🤢🤢 

Chai tea has really helped my nausea so far because of the spiciness. I am dreading the real m/s. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I second the ginger beer. And the bean/cheese burritos that @mc0303 mentioned the other day, life changing! 

And for me, layering clothes is so important. My nausea is triggered when I get warm, so being able to peel off a layer or two is helpful. 

I am probably days away from breaking out the pregnancy pillow. Sleeping on my stomach is starting to get uncomfortable. 
  • Regarding leggings, I discovered last time that VIV leggings from Amazon were also great (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083MVZQVN). Super soft, and the waistline is stretchy and high/thick enough to be comfortable for a while. 
  • This thread is going to be bad for my wallet. Currently about to go buy some align leggings haha
  • For the align leggings, do you size up? I always feel lululemon run small for me. 
  • @ramzlau I sized up one size because I don’t like them super tight and they’re pretty comfy that way
  • @ramzlau, I get my regular size because I didn’t grow at all in my lower body during my last pregnancy and I wanted them to fit after pregnancy too. 

• @ramzlau I always size up in lulu pregnant or not. 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• I already pulled out my snoogle and I am so happy I did! 

I am also try to keep lots of fruit around and a variety of beverages in first trimester. many things are unappealing, but I can almost always eat fruit (especially melon). 
  • @marebear15 I wish I had known about B6 and unisom. My prenatal has B6, so I take 25mg of B6 in the morning, my prenatal with B6 at lunch, and a B6 and a Unisom at bedtime and it changed my life! My doctored recommend and I am so grateful. I don't know how I would get through my crazy week at work (it's my busiest week of the year right now) without it.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• I can’t wait to break out my snoogle! Any FTM it’s a MUST HAVE! 
  • mamakate2011mamakate2011 member
    edited October 2020
    Okay I’m going to need some align leggings. I’m curious about sizing though. I’m 5’9 and generally around a size 4-6 places like the Gap. I’m assuming a size 6 in the leggings would work but I’m worried they might be tight based on their size guide (looks like their “size 4” is more like a size 6-8!). Also do I need the 31” because of my height? They are out of the size 6 & 8 in the 31” in black which is the color I want. Hoping I could get away with the 28” but I do like leggings to be long!
    Trying to Conceive TickerMe: 41 DH: 42
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • @mamakate2011 While the 6 would likely fit you fine, later in pregnancy you might be more comfortable in the 8.  I'm on the website now and there are a million align options.  I think all of mine are 28" and 25" - I am 5/7 and the 28" are plenty long on me.  It looks like black is hard to come by right now, must be due to everyone at home wearing leggings every day.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• I’m 5’0” and 110-120 lbs. generally wear a size 26 in jeans. I comfortably wear a 4 in align but can wear a 6 as well if that helps anyone. I do wear 25”. 
    Also lulu offers free hemming if you’re near a store! Even if you order online. 
  • My aligns arrive today! I also got the Align joggers too. Anyone have those? I was going back and forth between different versions for the leggings and opted for the super high waist ones. I thought they'd be super cozy during pregnancy. Has anyone else tried those? The only bummer is those ones weren't available in the 25" which I would have otherwise gotten since I'm only 5'2, so I'll probably have to have them altered
  • I have the joggers too! Love them! They are super cozy and more relaxed. Because the ankle is tight and leg loose you probably won’t have to bother with hemming. 
  • omg lol. I just realized I posted this under the wrong account. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ First trimester summed up. 

• If anyone is looking for a super comfortable jogger I have Vouri joggers and they are amazing.  I did not have them for my first pregnancy but think they will last me a long while.  I'm getting a second pair for Christmas. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog