Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

UO Thursday 10.22

Do you have any Unpopular Opinions to share this week? 

Re: UO Thursday 10.22

• Options
    Birds are terrifying. And for the matter, so are butterflies. 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @chindimples04 I’ve heard lots of people say they have a fear of birds. But butterflies?!?! I hate to laugh at someone else’s phobia, but....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chindimples04 my college roommate was also terrified of butterflies!

If we are talking about our fears that might be UOs, ants. GTFO of here with ants. They are terrifying!
  • Options
    Everyone is wrong. ;) The only scary insects/creatures are caterpillars. They are not cute. They are gross and horrifying. 

Source: as a teenager I worked an insect zoo. I'll happily let tarantulas, giant millipedes, and huge tropical cockroaches climb up my arms. But DO NOT make me even look at a picture of a caterpillar. :D 
    Age 34 | TTC #1 
  • Options
    @keikilove it’s the unpredictability of their flight that scares me. I feel like I don’t know where they are going because they change their mind so damn fast!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @chindimples04 I am a fellow bird-phobic!!!!!!! And while I can say I'm not scared of butterflies, if a large one flew near me I'd totally lose my sh*t!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    keikilove said:
    @chindimples04 I’ve heard lots of people say they have a fear of birds. But butterflies?!?! I hate to laugh at someone else’s phobia, but....
    Same as @keikilove. I’m sorry. I’m not laughing. I promise. Surely I have some phobias people would laugh at as well. 

My UO, and forgive me for jumping into this group head first, is Fall is my favorite. It gets cold fast where I live (although tomorrow is supposed to be 70!!!!) and people hate me for saying it because fall means snow’s coming soon..... but there is something about the changing and crisp leaves and chill in the air, anddddd EVERYTHING Halloween, that just really excites me!!! I may be basic, but give me all things fall!!!!
  • Options
    daisy528 said:
    If we are talking about our fears that might be UOs, ants. GTFO of here with ants. They are terrifying!
    I actually have a girlfriend who is deathly afraid of ants. She’s a mail lady and, well, *TW* I won’t go into detail but she literally couldn’t deliver mail to one house before because of all the ants. 

So that’s is not that strange to me. Personally I just find them annoying!
  • Options
    @hedgehoggin tarantulas, millipedes and cockroaches but not a cute fuzzy caterpillar???
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    Also on the topic of bugs though, has anyone seen a tomato horn worm irl?? I’ll let you google it and not share a picture of the ones who devoured my plants this summer... mostly because idr how to do a spoiler box..... Those are truly horrifying. And I’m not afraid of most bugs except satans spiders. 

• Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited October 2020
    @chindimples04 Aaah, I see! I feel like butterflies “float” and are quite predictable, but I get what you mean. Moths fly out of nowhere & death-dive towards lights (or humans), which freaks the s**t outta me, so I can see where you’re coming from. 

@paytonpedro Idk what you’re talking about but the names of both of those creatures sound terrifying.// Lots of us didn’t know how to “spoil” at first. Go to the Comment/Reply box. Look at all of the options above it, such as Emojis. Select the “paragraph” symbol/backwards P to the left of the Emoji option. Then select “spoiler” as your choice. A gray box will appear. Tap inside the gray box to insert a pic from your phone’s camera roll. I put a pic below for you, hope this helps. 

• Options
    Thank so much @keikilove !!! I used to know but forgot. I tried looking and go figure that’s the one option I didn’t click. 
    Satans spiders are just a generalization of all spiders. Because I’m not a fan of any of them. But tomato horn worms are a real thing. They look like giant green caterpillars, but up close they’re terrifying! 

I’m going to try the spoiler box and really hope it works. If not, I apologize in advance!!!

The rice looking segments on the one are eggs 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 they ate a whole tomato plant on me. 😑

• Options
    @paytonpedro EW!!!! That's huge!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @canucklehead123 ugh I know. I was FREAKING OUT trying to get them off the plant. I called my dad crying haha. And caterpillars don’t bother me!! We actually found about a dozen Easter swallow tails on our parsley and raised them to butterflies. But these things... 🤮🤮🤮
  • Options
    @paytonpedro That first pic with the horns &  eggs is disgusting!!! But the second pic is super cute to me!😄
  • Options
    @paytonpedro we had one that ate our tomato plants as well. Bastards.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @paytonpedro fun fact! The ones that have “eggs” on them are actually being eaten alive by a type of parasitic wasp. The white parts you see are the wasp larvae. When they hatch, they hang around your garden to eat the rest of the hornworms they can find. So if you find one without the eggs, def take it off and kill it, but the ones with the eggs are basically dead and harboring garden helpers! We had some on our tomatoes too lol I promise I’m not a bug expert. 

@chindimples04 I will agree that unpredictable bugs are terrifying. I always say anything that jumps or runs erratically is terrifying. But butterflies are cool haha

*edited for spelling
  • Options
    For me its cockroaches. Not just any ones, the GIANT ones here in the south with wings that fly. 
    Flying. F!ng. Cockroaches. 
    I have had one land in my hair while I was showering and one land on my leg. 
  • Options
    So, I don't like many kids from ages 5-10.  :D I know, I know. I'm a teacher and a mom so I'm supposed to like kids. I don't. I love and like my own(there's a diffrence). Other kids that age just annoy me. I do think they are cute and I do like *some* of them.
    Good thing I figured it out before applying for jobs. I teach art K-12. I chose middle school because of this and the fact that I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy. 🤣🤣 Middle schoolers are the best.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @legendairymomma So much yes! I was about to come here and say the same thing. Fucking flying cockroaches. I am terrified of them since one landed on my face while I was sleeping right after we had moved to the south. My main reason for originally getting a cat was to take care of roaches in my old apartment. They are horrifying. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro fun fact! The ones that have “eggs” on them are actually being eaten alive by a type of parasitic wasp. The white parts you see are the wasp larvae. When they hatch, they hang around your garden to eat the rest of the hornworms they can find. So if you find one without the eggs, def take it off and kill it, but the ones with the eggs are basically dead and harboring garden helpers! We had some on our tomatoes too lol I promise I’m not a bug expert. 

Hmm interesting! Where did you hear that? Because when I googled, it said that’s their eggs. Like the own horn worm. And that one in my garden looked healthy. I made sure to get rid of them both either way. 
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited October 2020

Wow ok. I mustt not have read this page. Whoops. We have a tonnnn of wasps so I guess no harm.... 😬
    eta words are hard. 
  • Options
    I should not have opened this thread while eating my lunch. 🤢