Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What was your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite?

Re: Week 1 (June 1-7) Check-in 10/20

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: June 5 / 7w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: Oct. 26 for u/s and first prenatal appointment.

How are you feeling?: Awful. I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) yesterday. I had to go to the ER for fluids and IV anti-nausea medication. I never had this with the other pregnancies, so I feel like I'm dying.

Rants/Raves: No.

Questions: No.

My favorite vacation was to visit Acadia National Park in Maine. I went with my parents my senior year of high school. I just thought it was really beautiful up there and I enjoyed the hiking.
  • Options
    @JournoGrl23 Acadia was our big vacation we were going to take this summer that we had to cancel because of Covid!  Really hoping we can get that one back on the schedule soon.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6/6, 7+2

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green for now (not my choice)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an altoid 

Upcoming appointments: 10/28 first appointment with OB, bloodwork on 10/30 to get my schedule to ween off IVF meds (very excited about this one!)

How are you feeling?: pretty good, some nausea here and there.  mostly fatigue is my biggest problem right now.

Rants/Raves: not at the moment

Questions: this is probably a question that needs its own big thread, but has anyone started telling people yet?  I really can't decide when we should start.

GTKY: What was your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite? I'd say Vermont.  We did a fall trip to look at the leaves a few years ago and it was amazing, stayed at an amazing B&B, drove all over the state sight seeing.  Very relaxing and pretty.  That trip convinced my SO that we will be retiring in that area, he's been obsessed with it ever since!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6/6, 7+2
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: still unsure
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: raspberry
    Upcoming appointments: first appointment and u/s are Nov 5
    How are you feeling?: Blah, I have lost a total of 7 pounds in two weeks because I cannot eat. Ugh 
    Rants/Raves: I'm good... For now 
    Questions: none
    We went to France when I was in the two week wait of ending one job and starting another. This was the best and most relaxed vacation we have ever taken as I was not connected to my phone and laptop the whole 10 days. I felt I could finally enjoy my vacation. It was also fun to retrace the steps of MH's grandfather's time in France during WW2. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6/4, 7+4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: likely green again. It was kind of fun last time :) 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: jellybean! 

Upcoming appointments: first OB visit 11/12, which feels so far away. First US was last Friday with my RE, and also graduation from RE! 

How are you feeling?: alternating between nauseous and starving. I don’t remember it being this bad with my first, but my husband says “no, it was, you were miserable” so I guess there’s that? 

Rants/Raves:
    Rave - today is house cleaner day. Seriously my favorite splurge. 

Questions: not right now

This is a really hard question for me - I have a serious travel bug! For now I’ll go with the summer we spent in Greece. Stayed in a little village on the water, ate delicious food, and used it as a home base to check out the islands and historical sites. To make flights affordable, we “had” to spend a week in Paris at the end. It was a nice, relaxing trip and didn’t feel as fast-paced touristy and they often do. 
  • Options
    @JournoGrl23 yikes! My cousin had that for both of her pregnancies. Not fun. I hope they can get you something to help, soon! 

@ellieemc26 a fall Vermont trip is on my bucket list! We’re waiting until end of first tri to tell people, though my BIL who lives with us already knows. Guessed when I stopped accepting his beer offers 🤷‍♀️

@tilournextadventure love those disconnected vacations! What parts of France did you visit? 
  • Options
    @halfanewt yeah, turning down the alcohol will get you!  I have some friends I play tennis with every week and it’s a tradition to drink wine after.  We haven’t been able to because of COVID restrictions but last week someone offered to turn in the fire pit for us in their patio so we could hang out.  I don’t think I’ll make it more than one week without someone asking!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6/5, 7+3

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an uncooked macaroni? probably smaller since I'm measuring behind

Upcoming appointments: intake appointment with the nurse on Thursday

How are you feeling?: so stressed with this pregnancy which is leaving me feeling depressed :/ , not feeling any symptoms really

Rants/Raves: my RE is of no help with these early scans. I get the vibe she doesn't think this is going to be viable. But there was a heartbeat yesterday (80 or 120 idfk). You can bet I'm going to be pushing for a scan with an actual ultrasound tech because I don't think my RE is good at pregnancy ultrasounds.

Questions: Any insight on what to expect for this intake appointment with the nurse? It'll be by phone. Is it mostly talking about health history and any concerns that would warrant an early scan as well as talk about some of the 1st trimester tests?

GTKY: What was your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite? Oh boy, so we had our honeymoon in Iceland which was absolutely amazing. We traveled around the entire country and was a vacation we will never forget. Another favorite is DH and I's only other vacation alone together to Chattanooga for a long weekend. We do a summer vacation with DH's family every year to a lake house that we rent and that's just become less pleasant over time - lately because of FBIL but usually due to SIL's behavior. I mean it when I say it's bad because even my ILs are tired of her attitude or whining about something. Anyway... back to Chattanooga. DH a long time ago for a business trip went there and for the 2 days he was there, he was done pretty early in the day so when he asked the hotel for things to do, he was 100% sold the moment they mentioned the aquarium. Ever since he's wanted to take me - and that was back in like 2013! So, somewhat spontaneously we decided we'd take a road trip from WI to Chattanooga last year in October and visit the aquarium. DH also wanted me to see the Georgia Aquarium so since that was only a 2hr trip, we did that one day and then the Chattanooga Aquarium the next. It was amazingly fun - even the 13 hour road trip! - and really helped close the wounds of our failed FET from the month prior.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 your nurse intake appointment will talk about your medical history, your Hs medical history as well as ask questions about any necessary medical history on either side of the family. They will also talk about what to expect as far as appointment frequency and what will happen at appointments and then general pregnancy safety. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6/2 7+6
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out - but I love the idea of team green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: keyboard key
    Upcoming appointments: 7/2 ultrasound, pelvic exam and first meeting with OB
    How are you feeling?: awful! I am grateful to be pregnant, but the pregnancy sickness really does a number on my body. I am tired of constantly vomiting or spending my time focusing on trying not to vomit. The gagging and dry heaving is getting the best of me. 
    Rants/Raves: 
    Questions:
    GTKY: What was your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite? My H and I went to the NC Outerbanks a year after we got married. It was just a very relaxing trip and we got to sleep late, go where we wanted when we wanted. Plus we went up and saw the wild mustangs which was fun. 
  • Options
    @JournoGrl23 sorry to hear about the HG! I can’t imagine how horrible you feel. I constantly feel like I’m going to vomit everywhere so I can’t imagine getting to that point. Like I don’t think I would function. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: June 6,  7+2 
    FTM/STM/STM+: this will be #4 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a blueberry 
    Upcoming appointments: oct 28 for first appointment and ultrasound 
    How are you feeling?: blah. I go from starving to gagging in 2.5 seconds. 
    Rants/Raves: nah 
    Questions: nah 
    GTKY: What was your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite? Our honeymoon in Rome was pretty great but recently any trips without the kids are the best! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6/5 7+4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Find Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Uncooked Macaroni

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound tomorrow (10/21)

How are you feeling?: Nauseous, Exhausted, and yet insomnia

Rant: Lost my job right before I found out I was pregnant and am stressed about finding a new job. Also, can’t tell anyone about the pregnancy until I find something.

Rave: Ultrasound tomorrow!

Questions: None

GTKY: What was your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite? Our honeymoon to Paris, Barcelona, and Nice.  It was awesome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @halfanewt we went to Paris, Cherbourg, Mont St Michel, and Bayeux. It was a lot of traveling over 10 days but that's what we prefer, to always be on the move. 

@klj0228 I live in NC and have not been to the outer banks... yet! I do want to see the wild mustangs. 
  • Options
    @tilournextadventure I live in NC too! I grew up in TX and when I moved here that was one of the first places I wanted to visit. Not a beach girl, but I love it there. 
  • Options
    @klj0228 yay neighbor!! I head to the mountains more than the beach. We usually go to oak island one weekend a year and that's enough for me. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8 weeks! 

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a wild strawberry or a LEGO block 

Upcoming appointments: my first one is today! It’s on the phone though so I’m sure it won’t be too exciting and I’ll have to make an apt for bloodwork soon. 

How are you feeling?: sick. tired. 

Rants/Raves: nothing exciting here 

Questions: no questions today! 

GTKY: What was your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite? Hmm. Either when DH and I went to Italy for our honeymoon and travelled and ate around the whole place! Or when we took the kids to Disney in 2019. They were young but it was super magical and we had the best time. We were supposed to go again May past but covid has us locked in Canada. 
  • Options
    @tilournextadventure we definitely go to the mountains more too. My last BMB has someone from NC too. We met for coffee once when her family was traveling to the mountains for a vacation.