May 2021 Moms

PGAL Check-in 10/14

How far along are you?

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: Favourite 90’s TV character? 

Re: PGAL Check-in 10/14

• ruby0902ruby0902 member
    edited October 2020
    How far along are you? 11 weeks today!

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Still tired. Nausea seems to be coming and going more now vs. just being a constant fixture in my day, so that is nice 😁 I hate still not really looking pregnant yet though. This past week I was kind of a hot mess mentally because it was passing my longest pregnancy miscarriage milestone (my 2nd pregnancy, I miscarried around 10 weeks but didn't find out about it until my 12 week scan). That was pretty devastating because my parents were in town and DH and I had planned to break the news over a special dinner and show them the u/s pictures. Instead, we didn't tell them anything and it was a very sad time! We also had a big housewarming party planned with friends and family that weekend and I had to get my D&C the night before. BUT, fast forward to this pregnancy (my 5th one and hopefully my first successful one!) and I heard a beautiful heartbeat in my OB's office yesterday and it looks like this one's sticking around!! I bawled like a small child when I heard it, it was like the all weight of uncertainty from this past week being lifted off my shoulders ♡

Any upcoming appointments? I have a private u/s scheduled for Oct. 26th and I wasn't supposed to see my OB until Oct. 28th.  However, after my OB saw my reaction yesterday to the doppler, he insisted I come in next week on 10/20 so I can hear the heartbeat again and continue to feel reassured. I am so grateful for his compassion!!

GTKY: Favourite 90’s TV character? This is a tough one! I'll have to admit that I was pretty into Saved by the Bell. Enjoyed that whole cast in general! My sister and I used to watch it before getting ready for school, Haha. 
  • How far along are you? 11+1 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Still very tired and so emotional, literally crying about everything. I had an appointment on Monday and they had a really hard time finding the heartbeat and couldn't keep it on there long enough to really hear it so that was not super reassuring, but also there is no reason for me to believe there is anything wrong with this pregnancy. 

Any upcoming appointments? Not until November. 

GTKY: Favourite 90’s TV character? Clarissa from Clarissa explains it all! I always thought she was so cool :D

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 7w3d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I think drinking a ton of water is keeping the nausea more manageable. Nothing helps the tired, though.

Any upcoming appointments? Monday is my ultrasound and intake. I. Cannot. Wait.

GTKY: Favourite 90’s TV character? Sabrina the Teenage Witch!

• @ruby0902 congrats on getting past that milestone, what a happy time for you guys getting to hear the heartbeat! love your doctor's compassion!
    @nbcarlson have to say first that whenever i see your avatar, i always smile.  such a great character!  anyway! i like your mindset of "there is no reason for me to believe there is anything wrong with this pregnancy."  that is so right and i hope to follow that too.
    @texas_t love that you got past some milestones too! and yay for more doppler action!

How far along are you? 8w3d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? SO TIRED, surprisingly okay mentally.  feeling positive.  i've been praying for my health and this pregnancy every night and i feel invigorated by that.  but the exhaustion is real!!!

Any upcoming appointments? the 29th!

GTKY: Favourite 90’s TV character? tough, but i always loved DJ from Full House!
  • also leaving this here for you ladies because tomorrow might be a tough day as it is Pregnancy Loss Awareness Day  <3 in a spoiler because it's big

• How far along are you? 9 weeks

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Tired, sore boobs and some nausea came back last night and today. I've been having 2 rough days, just anxious and I don't sleep so well. I'm still focused on making it through the first trimester, I'm not even worried about the 2nd trimester yet. 

Any upcoming appointments? November 3 with high risk OB, NT scan on November 6.

GTKY: Favourite 90’s TV character? Cody in Student Bodies (I think that was a canadian show...)